JOOF Records

yerg

How do you consider - does this label realease good Psy or it's cheesy and unintersting?

Recently i found out that new Prosper album was released on JOOF and there are other releases under Psy (style) definition. Anybody heard some? click

I've got one track last year "Ricky M - Bongladesh" from JOOF and it was fantastic (deep psy-trance)

JOOF seems to me like it's a progressive trance label run by 00 Fleming... it's probably all quality stuff I have no doubt about that, but I've still got the feeling of a slight redundancy factor. So I'm not going to hear from that label anytime soon, there's loads of more fun music out there which I'm going to fetch before heading for this label.

I own one of their releases, the AR52 - Enigma/Air Traffic vinyl. It's an awesome progressive trance song but I haven't heard anything else and I didn't also realise they also release psy stuff. On the other hand since it's John 00 Flemmings' label that's not much of a surprise. He does have an affinity for psy.

J00F Records - progressive with a fullon touch? (wet finger killergh techniauqze)

The release I own has absolutely nothing to do with full-on, it's regular progressive trance (and with trance I mean actual trance, not psytrance).

JOOF is a great trance label. And it would be pretty interesting to see what psy people say about it as it's usually being more discussed and appreciated among more commercial trance communities even though calling JOOF solely a commercial label would be a big inexcusable mistake.

It wouldn't, however, be correct to call it a psy label either, since, as mentioned, it's just a trance label, where the emphasised word really reflects actual content.

You would never find any commercial happy uplifting trance there as well as any collateral/incidental subgenres like electro-trance, housey pop-trance and so on. JOOF releases mostly genuine trance music, which, however, doesn't usually have much to do with psychedelic-nature trance subgenres. It's best described just as "quality trance label".

The biggest artist highlights in my opinion are

Steve Birch

Whirloop

The Digital Blonde

J00F himself

I personally recommend everyone to check out these artists, especially the bold ones. Most notable albums for me were 'Steve Birch - Aquarius' and 'Whirloop - A Fascination For Clouds'. First one does not fall under any known category; it's not psytrance, it's not progressive, morning, hard, full-on, uplifting or any other commonly recognized trance subgenre you may think of, it's just Trance. Whirloop's album implemented in morning progressive trance style, the true must-hear material.

Other artists' styles vary from already mentioned progressive trance to various kinds of full-on psytrance. Formal classification doesn't matter much, though as it's mostly just quality trance.

J00F and his label to me is primarily minimal techy psytrance. christopher lawrence can be similar at times as well. Listen to J00F's "White Label Republic" DJ mix. The two CDs go from minimal-ish trance right into psy. It's a few years old now but is still so brilliant. As far as his own productions, i find most of them minimal and dark. it always has that psytrance bassline though.

AR52 Enigma / Air Traffic

John 00 Fleming vs. M.I.K.E. Dame Blanche (John 00 Fleming Mix)

L.S.G. Netherworld (Oliver Prime Remix)

John '00' Fleming Rasa Lila (Part 1)

John '00' Fleming & Wizzy Noise Endelexia (Original Mix)

AR52 Enigma / Air Traffic

John 00 Fleming vs. M.I.K.E. Dame Blanche (John 00 Fleming Mix)

L.S.G. Netherworld (Oliver Prime Remix)

John '00' Fleming Rasa Lila (Part 1)

John '00' Fleming & Wizzy Noise Endelexia (Original Mix)

Thanks - i already have the Netherworld track - amazing rework