looking for banging prog

Mike A

hi

i want banging killargh prog like ticon aero album, vibrasphere - indian summer track, tegma 80 days album, stuff like that

not the sissy electro stuff that's so common today

gimme recommendations please, new and old.

Zenon Records, as mentioned before

Cosmic Conspiracy Records

Frechbax - Frech

Shadow FX - Direct Influence

Kiwa - On the Frequency

VA - Magnetic Storm (Groove Zone Records)

Neelix - No way to leave

VA - Inner Circle (Tribal Vision Records)

Bufo - Bug Eyes

:)

'banging' and 'prog' are two mutually exclusive words IMO, but that's just me :)

I agree with you. When I saw the topic title I was confused. I mean, there are lots of great progressive trance, but I can't called any banging.

Time Trap was right in some ways, Tetraktys are rather hard for a progressive act, and very good too. :D

I agree with you. When I saw the topic title I was confused. I mean, there are lots of great progressive trance, but I can't called any banging.

Yeah, for me progressive is a softer, housier version of psychedelic trance, not that much 'psychedelic' for the most part too. I like some of it (Jaia's "Fiction" and Freq's "Strange Attractors" come to mind), but in general if I want softer music I go for chill/downbeat. Not to mention that IMO all prog nowadays sounds awfully similar.

I'll have to try that Zenon Rec's stuff Pavel mentioned, because it does sound different and intriguing. Not banging, though :)

dig a few years back in time, 1998 - 2002. lots of great banging progressive psychedelic-to-the-bone trance.

-Zerotonine

-Segment

-Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom

-SBK

-Noma (first album only)

-Beat Bizarre (Album "Lewd")

-etc.

All killa, no filla.

'banging' and 'prog' are two mutually exclusive words IMO, but that's just me :)

You're right for the most part, today more than ever. But as Anak said go back in time and voila there's your banging prog. Son Kite had quite some tracks which I'd call banging, Nerve too (check their CD-EP)...