Land of Freedom (2007 Remix)-Transwave

Darkarbiter

Suffice to say I just heard the preview of this track on beatport and that was a pretty bad remix.

Keep absolutely classic Goa songs and melodies to the Goa trance genre mmk? This really exemplifies my dislike of psytrance in general (radio by X-Dream and The gathering by IM are supposed to be the new sound? Where did everyone go wrong?)

I guess the alien project remix of people can fly wasn't too bad... but have you guys heard any other psy remixes of Goa songs that you though were good or bad? Comments?

Keep absolutely classic Goa songs and melodies to the Goa trance genre mmk?

I agree.

With a remix track like this, Transwave is taking away the wonderful impression associated with their name by turning a key song in Goa-Trance into a butchered rendition of a Psytrance dance song. The use of the melody is more exploitive than it is paying homage in my opinion; the magic is gone. Transwave should leave the beautiful origin of Land of Freedom in glory by leaving it alone. Maybe these artists think it's nostalgic. The concept most certainly is, but the delivery, the execution is poorly done! This is not how you Remix a classic Goa song.

Will someone please post the link so others can here the Land of Freedom (2007 Remix)??

I am curious as to when their new album arrives, and how it sounds. But so far I think I'll avoid it as I avoided buying the recent 2006 Pleiadians album. Whenever a Picaso (an example of how many remember Transwave) starts crafting works that any artist can make, the artist no longer appears to be what made him or her so famous.

I wish Transwave would craft a New-School Goa-Trance masterpiece and Suntrip Records and Transwave would then talk. That's what I wish. That's what many fans would like. That's what could be amazing. We are the core base of Transwave for 10 years and the Goa tribes have only grown and developed over the years, regardless that Psytrance Full On is currently the norm. Transwave would be embraced as a wonderful example of innovation and individuality for decades to come if they faught the tide and showed that in a time of seemingly endless Full On, they kept their spirit and made 8-10 kickass, New-School Goa songs, not selling out to a jaded, over populated sub-genre.

Actually I think that remix is amazing. Brilliant production, best sound I have ever heard from a psytrance track and it works. An example of very well produced fullon. Except that cheering samples, that's just stupid.

Actually I think that remix is amazing. Brilliant production, best sound I have ever heard from a psytrance track and it works. An example of very well produced fullon. Except that cheering samples, that's just stupid.

And too many breaks

People go to great lengths to preserve their old school credibility here... but the 2007 remix of Land Of Freedom isn't bad at all, if you ask me. The crowd noise is from the Twisted release (which is, after all, "live" from the party). You won't hear it on the 3D Vision release. I know people feel a need to complain at length about anyone touching the classics, but let's get realistic here. Transwave aren't comparable to Picasso, and the original line-up of the Pleiadians is not like Mozart distributed throughout four brains. They made great music in the mid-nineties but it was context-dependent. There's no sense in getting angry and spitting invective about former greats reduced to a hollow shell since they aren't necessarily doing anything different. Back then they were making music in the style of the times and the same holds true for the current day. Yes, the spirit isn't the same... but does the spirit reside within the music or is it a result of your own personal interaction with it? We formulate the memories attached to a song--they are not forcibly injected into our consciousness. What a song means to you is not the same as what it might mean to anyone else... what old school fanatics share is a depth of passion for the perceived spirit of the classics, but the exact dimension of that passion is defined by individual circumstance not universal law.

Old School - A CLASSIC in GOATRANCE.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCEbi9-ySgo

New-School

People go to great lengths to preserve their old school credibility here... but the 2007 remix of Land Of Freedom isn't bad at all, if you ask me. The crowd noise is from the Twisted release (which is, after all, "live" from the party). You won't hear it on the 3D Vision release. I know people feel a need to complain at length about anyone touching the classics, but let's get realistic here. Transwave aren't comparable to Picasso, and the original line-up of the Pleiadians is not like Mozart distributed throughout four brains. They made great music in the mid-nineties but it was context-dependent. There's no sense in getting angry and spitting invective about former greats reduced to a hollow shell since they aren't necessarily doing anything different. Back then they were making music in the style of the times and the same holds true for the current day. Yes, the spirit isn't the same... but does the spirit reside within the music or is it a result of your own personal interaction with it? We formulate the memories attached to a song--they are not forcibly injected into our consciousness. What a song means to you is not the same as what it might mean to anyone else... what old school fanatics share is a depth of passion for the perceived spirit of the classics, but the exact dimension of that passion is defined by individual circumstance not universal law.

Basilisk that was very thoughtful and well written. You offer a totally different perspective which is true. My feelings are that the Remix could and should be better than it is. It's based on such a magical song. I don't hate it. For Full On it's not bad. Many Psy people may really like it while Goa fans may be 50/50 in that regard, those who most loved Transwave's old-school work. In that subjective sense this song came across as disappointing to me who fell in love with their Goa version of Land of Freedom, the original. The Deedrah Rmx was good too I felt, a song which kept the magic to a degree. Trying to look at this song ojectively, I don't feel that it really offers anything new, save from Transwave doing Full On and chopping up a beautiful Goa melody most of their core fans hold special to their hearts. The Picasso description was the first artist that came to my mind when I thought of an innovative artist; it would be too abstract and silly to attempt comparing artists in my opinion. Transwave used to be innovative and I loved their novel appoaches to Goa. I'm very curious and interested to hear the new songs and overall melody work on Transwave's 2008(?) album. I hope they have some really awesome and infectious, exclusive Trance numbers, regardless that it's Full On. I'd be amazed if they can elevate Full On in some way, bring fresh life into it, and set a once again classic example of high definition Trance (as they did back in '95-97) as I felt they pulled off relative to their contributions to Goa-Trance.