Software Musicians...

For me good tracks and listenable tracks are not neccesery gems and true art.. So I respect such tracks with many filters, modulations and bla and they have good quality and production but still for me they are just filling of the space.. Like I said there are rare tracks that are really art, only one or two per cd.. But recently I stumbled on CDs where I loved all of tracks and all where special.. There is still good music no matter what labels release and how popular vsts are, you just got to dig deep and pick them out..

Software in and of itself isn't a bad thing, in fact over all I think its a good thing as far as price and convience goes. But what has been lost to a great degree due to the easy in which people can download anything and everything if they have the right connections, is the sense of "investment" in a piece of gear. In the past people would save up their money, buy a synth and then spend months, years, etc learning it inside out. You actually "learned". You can of course still do this with software, but I'd say more often than not, the average joe just downloads something else until he finds the sound he's looking for. Outside of the most serious and dedicated, the in depth study method that was the norm for hardware has fallen to the wayside.

Its not the softwares fault, but artists get released music, who dont have any experience exept learned how to make a bassline from friend get released on cd.. not to diss anyone or that i would know anything about it better. the 'i want to learn how to make trance and release track or album asap' just seems happen alot :drama: but then again sometimes you get to hear totally awsome music that would be left unmade because people wouldnt have any possibility or cant bother to make it without software, mostly the good ones (imo) have atleast some experience on playing some instrument before. So maybe little patience before actually releasing music..

Edited by Towelie

Software in and of itself isn't a bad thing, in fact over all I think its a good thing as far as price and convience goes. But what has been lost to a great degree due to the easy in which people can download anything and everything if they have the right connections, is the sense of "investment" in a piece of gear. In the past people would save up their money, buy a synth and then spend months, years, etc learning it inside out. You actually "learned". You can of course still do this with software, but I'd say more often than not, the average joe just downloads something else until he finds the sound he's looking for. Outside of the most serious and dedicated, the in depth study method that was the norm for hardware has fallen to the wayside.

Its not the softwares fault, but artists get released music, who dont have any experience exept learned how to make a bassline from friend get released on cd.. not to diss anyone or that i would know anything about it better. the 'i want to learn how to make trance and release track or album asap' just seems happen alot :drama: but then again sometimes you get to hear totally awsome music that would be left unmade because people wouldnt have any possibility or cant bother to make it without software, mostly the good ones (imo) have atleast some experience on playing some instrument before. So maybe little patience before actually releasing music..

+11

Much pattience, not little.. But the problem is, for example, my tracks are now getting uncomparebly better than the ones I done in past and when I make a last track on album, first will suck compared to it if u take that linear aproach.. So what to do about it? Is there some point of stagnation when u stop learning even just for a while? I think not, there is only progression and degradation, everything moves and vibrates in this universe.. So thats a problem Im faced with, probably the solution is to sort a tracks on album in order that u cant tell which one is made after other, i. e. first track u put last and such..

I was a hardware tinkerer first.

Perhaps like kraftwerk I was not trained in music but had a fascination with synthesizers.

I liked all the pop from the 1980s that had the Roland synth lines :posford:

So the software boom has mostly passed me by. I now have Sonar and for the first time arrange on my computer but I can't comprehend those that started on software and had nothing else.\

As for the crappy music it is old old old.

People have been making 90 something percent crap since they were hitting rocks together !!

Software is just a new tool, nothing more.

And yea, it sucks wading through all the crap to find something you like. <_<