Favourite Major Goa Compilation Series?

Darkarbiter

Goa-Head, Pulse and TanTrance started really good but they all ended releasing boring German progressive and techno.

I agree with Goa Head series(dont have any Pulse or TanTrance). Goa Head 3 got me started when I used to dl tracks. it was magical when actually getting the release in my hands ;p Early Goa Head releases were so solid! I pick them as first when they were still goa 8)

2nd

Distance to Goa series

3rd

Destination Goa series

Guest The Journey Man Project

1. Tantrance: High quality releases that always had good sound quality and awesome covers. They alway had th ebest tracks whether it was real goa or the later minimal/tech styles

2. Destination Goa: Good quality, I felt their only downfall were the outlays fo the cd, pretty boring for those who buy

3. Distance To Goa: these alway someohow managed to be my fav cd's for sunrise... they had really nice acid melodic morning tunes

• 4 years later...

I had thought about this a lot but I must say that I'm leaning towards Fill Your Head With Phantasm series. Their comps were unique and had a certain sound to them. Destination Goa is a close second but something about the FYHWP series gets me.

TIP's colour series, some Blue Room stuff (More Sing of Life had so many strange little tracks that became favourites of mine, particularly "Tha Gas", love that tune), Flying Rhino's Flights were good, they even held up when the progressive sound came out in the late nineties, and the Distance to series. Distance to Acid trance was good as well!