rippin' audio from movies

i am trying to rip the audio from a movie file (avi in this case) and work with an external soundcard which means i cant just push record in wavelab and grab the sound while playing. So i am looking for a program that can rip the audio from an avi, mpg or whatever movieformat to wave or mp3 for me. Anybody know of a good one? preferably for free...

thnx

Damn, I've wanted something like that in the past, too bad neither of those are available for Mac OS.

There is a mac version of the Xilisoft DVD Ripper which can extract audio tracks from video files and convert em into various formats.

As well there is the ImToo DVD Ripper for mac, it's more or less the same as the Xilisoft.

www.xilisoft.com

www.imtoo.com

For mac there is also a counterpart of Virtualdub, it's called Avidemux, open source and afaik it can also extract the audio tracks and output em in various audio formats.

http://www.avidemux.org/

• 1 year later...

Normaly i use SWITCH you can find it in downloads.com but you need a crack(opsss i dont know if it is legit to say this eheheheh ) you can do all kind of audio riping and conversion.I use it to rip the entire sound track from a movie (its quick), and then import the wave file or aiff (the format that i most use)an insert all in a audio track in albeton, cut transform modulate it put it on sampler. always only use the part that i whant ilike a noise a ring a talk.

After a track is made i also use it to converse the final track or song (wave) in mp3 aiff ogg whatever.. etc.....

:drama:

Damn, I've wanted something like that in the past, too bad neither of those are available for Mac OS.

Easiest to use and really robust application. Rips anything that passes through your sound card.

http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

look no further. Well actually give it a google search for Audio Hijack Pro, see what you come up with.

• 4 weeks later...