Demo's

Guest The Journey Man Project

ok so most of us are old school goa hardcore fans here right?

I was just listening to the fee demo album from Carbon Based Lifeforms and was thinking how great would it be if all the old Goa artists did this? or released them as digital downloads to purchase online?

I'd love to hear stuff like Astra Pojection, Hallucinogen, Transwave and Totla Eclipse before they had official releases... I know I'm probably dreaming but it would be soooo awesome!

This could indeed be awesome! I don't know how it is with electronic music but with rock and pop bands the demos they produce to send to the labels to see if they sign them sound (sometimes) way different than the final release. I have this double Marillion CD that containts the original release of the Misplaced Childhood album and a second disc with the demo versions of all the songs plus some songs that didn't make it on the album. This is my favourite pop album and I also love the demo songs. I wonder how a similar thing from a goa producer would sound. Maybe not really different so it would be mainly the unreleased songs that would make the thing interesting... Synsun offered their unreleased first albums as free download on their site and that stuff was also very nice.

On the other hand I have this old SFX vinyl from 1991 that sounds more like trance than goa and to be honest I'm far from impressed by the two tracks on it. So Maybe old or unreleased stuff does not have to be nice.

I just think it would also be great to compare and see how far some of these groups have come... but yeah alot of my fav metal bands have rereleased demo versions over time and they are awsome to here... like when they chuck ina really wild ad lib guitar or drum solo... I hade an mp3 for a while of Dimmu Borgir jamming from mate in a black metal bandin Sweden... was pretty cool as it was just like instrumental versions of the tracks..

I've been thinking for a while of putting some of our early tracks online.

Well then Colin, time to quit the contemplation and start with the action! :lol:

I was just listening to the fee demo album from Carbon Based Lifeforms

it's not free :)

it was commercially released on mp3.com on 2 seperate CDs under the project name "Carbon Based Lifeforms - The PHATT" (not "the Path" ;) )