money is not an isuee.......

hallo guys

i need your help please.

i can choose equipments from a serious amount of money to build a semi pro studio(dont ask my how). i have a choise of pro tools 003 bundle or a choice of other equipments of my choice, at the same amount like 003.

is it worth it the protools?

i know protools are well respected but with this bundle you take the LE software with it.

in the other hand with the same money you can buy a software of your choice (cubase,logic etc) plus a mackie control plus a motu audio interface......

i write psytrance myself so i prefer logic but i want to think what is the best for general purpose.

with both choises you can make pro results but still im afraid the protools because idont even know how it sounds.

the studio will used mostly for electronic musik but still there are some more rock band in my place as well.

i mention that we re intersting for software, controler and audio interface.

i hope to everybody to have that kind of problems but ireally need your help.

so if anybody have experience with protools or whatever else please help as soon as posible please

whith honest and respect

zodys

Protools is supposed to be the 'industry standard' for music production.

I have heard many good things about it and always see studios advertise that they use protools...

This is, of course, if money is no issue.

you can't go wrong with protools, it is the industry standard and i think the 003 comes with a great bunch of plugins. and if you want to record bands i think that pro tools is the way to go. if you used logic in the past stick with it, i think that you can use logic as a frontend on your pro tools hardware.

i am a cubase and a pc user but a mate of mine used pro tools for the last 4 years and i like the audio editing options in pro tools.

i would go for a new core 2 duo or a quad core (the faster the better) pc with at least 2 gb of ram and cubase with an rme soundcard and alphatrack controller. as for sound quality the converters in pro tools, rme or motu interfaces are all pro quality, but i think that the drivers on the rme interfaces are a cut above everything on the market.

Industry standard is nonsense. It's only the most widely used because it was the first DAW that became popular. It's a matter of chance, not quality. Use whatever you find is best suited for your purposes.

For a long time, ProTools was trailing the pack in MIDI implementation, though I think it's better now.

Industry standard is nonsense. It's only the most widely used because it was the first DAW that became popular. It's a matter of chance, not quality. Use whatever you find is best suited for your purposes.

For a long time, ProTools was trailing the pack in MIDI implementation, though I think it's better now.

it is the industry standard cos it is most widely used. most pro studios in the world are pro tools equiped.

I do get the advantages of Protools when recording bands or acts as the audio sequencing is just where pro tools shines and it makes for a good portability between studios, but when it comes to Midi sequencing I just can't find myself being able to comfortably work in protools.

I have tried but somehow just doesn't grab me. I've tried Tracktion, Logic (in the old days) and Sonar as well, I am the most comfortable in cubase.

You have to try out what suits you best and compare the surroundings (Plugins etc) that you get in comparison to what you really are producing.

There is no wrong choice of sequencer, best tunes were still made with atari ST or before simple Trackers on Amiga.

Kudos to Chris Huelsbeck I say :-)

best oliver

it is the industry standard cos it is most widely used. most pro studios in the world are pro tools equiped.

Yeah, that's what I said. And it's nonsense. Just because it's the "industry standard" doesn't mean it's better. It's the industry standard because it came early.

Yeah, that's what I said. And it's nonsense. Just because it's the "industry standard" doesn't mean it's better. It's the industry standard because it came early.

i never said it is better, i believe that what you use does not matter. i love cubase cos i used it for the last 7-8 years, but the protools 003 comes with a nice bunch of plugins and converters are great if you wanna record bands.

i think it depends what you want to do as far as the recording bands setup. if your going to be doing the final recording i dont see why you would waste your money on protools. the only advantage would be if the rock band wants to do vocals/drums at a bigger studio with isolation booths, things like that.

i think you would be better off getting sx/logic/whatever, UAD card and a soundcard with a massive number of i/o to be able to skip the mixer. you will have to spend a shitload to get a mixer thats not the weak link in the sound quality chain. line 6 toneport is a nice piece of gear for recording guitars. really the problem is drums/vocals for recording rock. mic on drums is an art in itself, vocals i have no idea.

really i would think twice about this whole setup, with a psy setup and toneport you could do a rough rock recording but its going to be a huge project to get things right as far as a total proper solution for drums/vocals. would be better off asking that on prorec or some board like that.

thanks very much guys

i end up with the follwing list: mackie control, genelec 30, MOTU 828mkII and logic.

the studio is already equiped with mac pro plenty of mics for different reasons and i already own myself a Nlead2x.

i was frusteded from the beggining about protools because maybe its an oppportunity for once only and i was thnking the "industry standars" like you said.

but i think the above list its more than enough. maybe if there are extra money left i ll go for a powercore dsp.

that's it. i don't earn these money to buy this game boy studio.

buy a real mix table for 160 000 euros. a normal studio speakers and not these alesis shit. an apple comp with a 64 bit card.

and don't listen to the voices of these amateurs on this forum.