Saiko Sounds without credit card - very expensive

RTP

whats no fee credit card? is it the same that you can use only for shopping over internet, from that radi thread :D?

Some credit cards charge you an annual fee to use their card (I dunno, maybe $75?) and also interest if you dont pay the bill off each month. Some charge no annual fee, only the interest charge if you do not pay the bill off each month.

Some credit cards charge you an annual fee to use their card (I dunno, maybe $75?) and also interest if you dont pay the bill off each month. Some charge no annual fee, only the interest charge if you do not pay the bill off each month.

... which in essence dumbfounds the "no fee credit card" approach because there will always be a fee. =]

Mine too, this way I don't have to worry about my lack of control (to an extent)

Yeah, same here, Abasio has to automatically pay my credit card balance each month. This way I don't have to worry about my lack of control (no extent addendum here)

:lol:

Yes, they do take Paypal. Used it myself there.

but ... don't you need a credit card for Paypal? :huh:

No fee credit card ... well, maybe that's an alternative. I'll have to look out for it though, I don't know of any ... even the student's credit card offers want monthly fees here...

but ... don't you need a credit card for Paypal? :huh:

No fee credit card ... well, maybe that's an alternative. I'll have to look out for it though, I don't know of any ... even the student's credit card offers want monthly fees here...

Monthly fees??? :o:o

I've never had a credit card with any fees at all (except late fees :P)

Monthly fees??? :o:o

I've never had a credit card with any fees at all (except late fees :P)

of course...

even the Visa student card is only free for the first 2 years and then you pay (and it's not that you can cancel after one month ... if I took that one I won't get rid of the Visa bastards anymore ... argh)...

Well, yeah, time for credit card, huh? But I don't want one! What if I can't restrain myself from buying and buying (I'm afraid I can't ... once I got money I'll buy and buy...)

That's EXACTLY what they want you to do. The more you spend, the better off the credit card company is.

I say if you are not comfortable with having a credit card then don't have one.

Paypal gives you two options.

1) you can attach a credit card to your paypal account.

2) link paypal account directly to your checking account in the bank.

I use the option no 1 because if there is some kind of fraud I have two layers of protection (first is harrasing

Paypal and then the credit card company to get my money back is someone steals it).

I don't recommend option 2 because if someone screws your paypal account the thief gets money straight from your

bank account. If that happens it'd be much harder to get your money back. You can probbably kiss your money goodbye if that happens.

International bank trasfers from one account to another are vey expensive. In addition to your bank's fees, currency conversion etc. you pay the the receiving bank (the other person's bank if you don't have the same one) fees.

So what to do if you don't want to use credit card and don't want to use international bank tranfer because it's so expensive?

Use either International Money Order or Bank Draft.

Both serve esentially the same purpose. It's like a check, but you buy it from your bank for a fee that is much smaller than

for example bank tranfer. I think it should cost about $5-6 or something like that. Then you mail it to the person you pay and he/she cashes it like a check. Personal checks are usually not accepted internationaly, but international money orders/bank drafts are because they have your bank's backing. It is also possible to buy Western Union's money orders at least at some places so the other person can go and cash them at their local Western Union or bank after he/she receives it in mail.

Your bank should give you a paper stub with codes or numbers so in case your money order gets stolen or lost you can get your money back.

Now the person you pay sometimes may have to pay a fee to cash a money order. That's why some places don't accept it, but if they do, it is a good option. I've used bank drafts/international money orders for guite a long time. I would e mail Saikosounds or whoever you wanna buy stuff from and see if they would accept them if I was you. It takes a bit longer because you have to wait until the person receives it in mail, but they are much safer transactions because there is no direct link to your credit card or bank account so

thiefs can't steal more of your money.

That's EXACTLY what they want you to do. The more you spend, the better off the credit card company is.

I say if you are not comfortable with having a credit card then don't have one.

Paypal gives you two options.

1) you can attach a credit card to your paypal account.

2) link paypal account directly to your checking account in the bank.

I use the option no 1 because if there is some kind of fraud I have two layers of protection (first is harrasing

Paypal and then the credit card company to get my money back is someone steals it).

I don't recommend option 2 because if someone screws your paypal account the thief gets money straight from your

bank account. If that happens it'd be much harder to get your money back. You can probbably kiss your money goodbye if that happens.

International bank trasfers from one account to another are vey expensive. In addition to your bank's fees, currency conversion etc. you pay the the receiving bank (the other person's bank if you don't have the same one) fees.

So what to do if you don't want to use credit card and don't want to use international bank tranfer because it's so expensive?

Use either International Money Order or Bank Draft.

Both serve esentially the same purpose. It's like a check, but you buy it from your bank for a fee that is much smaller than

for example bank tranfer. I think it should cost about $5-6 or something like that. Then you mail it to the person you pay and he/she cashes it like a check. Personal checks are usually not accepted internationaly, but international money orders/bank drafts are because they have your bank's backing. It is also possible to buy Western Union's money orders at least at some places so the other person can go and cash them at their local Western Union or bank after he/she receives it in mail.

Your bank should give you a paper stub with codes or numbers so in case your money order gets stolen or lost you can get your money back.

Now the person you pay sometimes may have to pay a fee to cash a money order. That's why some places don't accept it, but if they do, it is a good option. I've used bank drafts/international money orders for guite a long time. I would e mail Saikosounds or whoever you wanna buy stuff from and see if they would accept them if I was you. It takes a bit longer because you have to wait until the person receives it in mail, but they are much safer transactions because there is no direct link to your credit card or bank account so

thiefs can't steal more of your money.

hey, thanks for the info, visine :)

I'll remember to ask at Saikosounds next time I order there!

hey, thanks for the info, visine :)

I'll remember to ask at Saikosounds next time I order there!

You're welcome :) Hope it works out for you.

I've also sent well concealed cash in a letter envelope(like for example wrapped in tin foil so the post office scanner can't see there's money in there).

Then I would send that letter via registered mail so it doesn' get lost and I can track its progress online.