Mysteries Of The Yeti

fosku

I agree. The first MOTY album = insanely awesome. All the way through.

The second I don't like as much, the "journey" aspect has disappeared.

Mystical Experiences has some extremely brilliant tracks.

633846[/snapback]

I think there is quite a good story in MOTY 2 though....very good for traveling by train watching the the world fly by while beeing dragged into the the mysterious realms of the Yeti!

It doesnt bother me at all that its a double with mystical experiences..Its not something that will keep me from buying it.No way!

I just regret not buying the combo instead of mystical experiences on its own.That would have been one kickass delight!! :) 

I dont even compare these albums to shpongle.Its completely different trip me thinks.

OMG Radi you dont own this as an original!!! Well that explains A LOT!! From experience, ambient and chill is not worth to have in mp3 formats.I have some steve roach and other similar music in mp3,and it just doesnt deliver. You cant comprimise with this sort of music.

Buy it! Or at least try to find it in wav or a lossless format. (this goes for all music)

633858[/snapback]

Agreed! :P

You are completely right! This works much better with the whole depth u get from the full format, it is actually surprisingly much that is lost, it very easily heard when comparing mp3 and cd directly by switching on the reciever! I was shocked first time I tried that!

But I think Radi will never appreciate that aspect though.... Me myself could'nt imagen not having cds... they do all the difference!

I have just listened to the mystery of the yeti 1 & 2 followed by mystical experiences & without a shadow of a doubt the winner in my mind is TIP - Mystical Experiences. Much much much more trippy!

TIP - Mystical Experiences

634084[/snapback]

By TIP u mean Infinity Project? I actually think it was a Blue Room release (the original one).... :P

ED: but yeah it more trippy! The yeti has another quality though... more spiritual somehow...but ehh ^_^

I don't get it. Are there two cds? I only have the mystical experiences/mystery of the yeti double cd and thought I had them all... couldnt find another album on discogs either? What are you guys then talking about, MOTY 1 and 2? The tracks?

I don't get it. Are there two cds? I only have the mystical experiences/mystery of the yeti double cd and thought I had them all... couldnt find another album on discogs either? What are you guys then talking about, MOTY 1 and 2? The tracks?

634098[/snapback]

MOTY 1

url=http://www.discogs.com/release/90964

MOTY 2

url=http://www.discogs.com/release/82535

Aye! But TIP = The Infinity Project  :)

634096[/snapback]

haha I actually did know they called them self TIP... I know they together (with that other guy) started the label but as an artist name ;) ... but acording to discogs they haven'nt really released anything under that alias :P (only one track)

By TIP u mean Infinity Project? I actually think it was a Blue Room release (the original one).... :P

ED: but yeah it more trippy! The yeti has another quality though... more spiritual somehow...but ehh ^_^

634095[/snapback]

The Infinity Project he means the artist name not the label. :)

haha I actually did know they called them self TIP... I know they together (with that other guy) started the label but as an artist name ;) ... but acording to discogs they haven'nt really released anything under that alias :P (only one track)

634103[/snapback]

Ha. I've been in Japan too long. Must abrreviate everything!

H.IBIJTL.MAE

Yeah, both volumes are fantastic conceptual compilation albums. What a shame there hasn't been made more of the ambient in the same style back then. My favourites : A WELCOME TO ALL EXTRATERRESTRIALS, YETI REVELATION/SACRED COMMUNICATION, THE HERB GARDEN, HIGH ON MOUNTAIN KAILASH...

I must mention two unbelievable tracks that I think are almost on the same level than MOTYs.

Igneous Sauria - Momentary Distraction

4D - Slivva

Too bad other tracks on Wabi aren't as good, otherwise it would have been on the same level with the first Shpongle albums, just below MOTYs....

I must mention two unbelievable tracks that I think are almost on the same level than MOTYs.

Igneous Sauria - Momentary Distraction

4D - Slivva

Too bad other tracks on Wabi aren't as good, otherwise it would have been on the same level with the first Shpongle albums, just below MOTYs....

635544[/snapback]

Did you hear 4D - Slivva (slippery Drums)?

Even better IMO :)

I still need to get those mystery of the yeti cds, they've been on my to buy list for ages! Agreed about mystical experiences though- amazing cd.

Along the same line: does anyone have celtic cross' hicksville? I love this album, the use of acoustic guitar in it is absolutely sublime...

I still need to get those mystery of the yeti cds, they've been on my to buy list for ages! Agreed about mystical experiences though- amazing cd.

Along the same line: does anyone have celtic cross' hicksville? I love this album, the use of acoustic guitar in it is absolutely sublime...

635635[/snapback]

Yeah I like that album. Another slow trippy materpiece. Shit I want to listen to everything at the same time.

No, haven't heard that one. Is it some kinda remix?

635868[/snapback]

Aye, it's a remix! You can find it on Flying Rhino's Re:evolution 4 - Essence on the Chill CD. It's even better than the original IMO, a little more upbeat but still wonderfully chilled :D