02. Irukandji - Whales Street

03. Cell - Erasing Pluto

04. H.U.V.A Network - Orientations

05. Sync24 - Dot

06. Solar Fields - Levitate

07. Sundial - Together we are... [scann-tec rmx]

08. Aes Dana - Bam [overlit edit]

09. Hol Baumann - Radio Bombay

Yay, happy days. I got this album a few days ago and my expectations were pretty high because i have Fahrenheit Project 1, 2 & 5, (i have not been able to get 3 & 4(!) to my very sad dispair!). Anyway, i have to say this is another masterpiece from Ultimae Records!

As with the other Fahrenheit Projects there is a fantastic line up of artists and they do not dissapoint. The two newest artists on this album that i have not heard of before are Irukandji & Scann-Tek, and both of their tracks and Scann-Tek remix further on @ #7 are great. It's nice to finally here a good track with some whale sounds intertwined within it, and whales street works well, but doesn't overly use or abuse the whale samples here at all.

I won't take you through the tracks one by one because the various artists that make up this compiliation need no introductions, and their work-results and output is always to a very high standard indeed (imo).

The whole album flows perfectly, and every track has something special to offer.

9.5/10

--

Available from:

Ultimae :: http://www.ultimae.com/en/news/164.html

Psyshop :: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/inr/inr1cd020.html

Saiko Sounds :: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6073

Not the best in the series but it's a damn fine release. Some beautiful tracks all with a nice dreamy floaty atmosphere.

Irukandji - Whales Street is one of my favourites, subtle whale sounds actually fit in well.

Cell - Erasing Pluto, H.U.V.A Network - Orientations, Aes Dana - Bam, Solar Fields - Levitate, well everything from these guys is gold and they don't lets us down on this comp either some excellent relaxing vibes come your way even if they don't completely stun you.

Scann-Tek - ASD, Sundial - Together we are... [scann-tec rmx]. This comp was the 1st I've heard from sundial or scann-tec but on the strength of the tracks here I'll be keeping an eye out for more stuff.

Hol Baumann - Radio Bombay, this guy seems to be on every ultimae comp & rightly so. I'd like to see an artist album from this guy

Does it sound exactly like the last one, and the one before that, basically?

I really like Fahrenheit 2,3 and parts of 1 - but recently their sound seems kinda stagnant overall...

I agree about Hol Baumann - would love to have an album by that guy...

Does it sound exactly like the last one, and the one before that, basically?

I really like Fahrenheit 2,3 and parts of 1 - but recently their sound seems kinda stagnant overall...

I agree about Hol Baumann - would love to have an album by that guy...

629334[/snapback]

+1

Nice compilation , but nothing new or fresh... :(

It seems it has turned out to be a bit generic..

• 1 year later...

The sixth installment in the Fahrenheit series follows the path laid down from its’ precessors. Not all tracks sweeps me off my feet but it sure is flowing and with some very nice high pointers here and there.

In line with many others my favorite here is Solar Fields. Labelling his Levitate chill-out may be stretching things a bit, though. Seems more like SF was warming up for his progressive release EarthShine with Levitate being one sweet danceable ride from early on. Bliss! Likewise the opener ASD from Scann-Tec is one of my favorites with a long build-up that will work perfect at the chill-out stage when you slowly want to return to the real world. Irukandji’s Whales Street will do this too but, perhaps, slightly less impressive than the opener from Scann-Tec.

Another stand-out comes from Sync24 with DOT that reminds me of the opener from Scann-TEC. And represents another trademark track from Ultimae – atmospheric, laid back, and chilly like only Ultimae does it. Sure, I have heard dozens of tracks like this on other Ultimae releases but it has that unmistakeable Ultimae luxury quality to it that easily places a smile on my face.

Lastly I need to mention Sundial’s track. Again, nothing groundbreaking but I’m entertained throughout the track and as with most Ultimae tracks I have a feeling this could be a grower.

On the downside, the remaining four tracks from Hol Baumann, Cell, H.U.V.A. Network and Aes Dana doesn’t do it for me.

All in all, with four fall-outs this doesn’t meet the standard I’m used to from Ultimae. On the other hand, with five good to excellent tracks I reckon this is still a safe purchase.

• 3 weeks later...