New Electronic Order

NEMO.BOFH

We will 100% focus on getting bookings for Artists, as we understand that the main income for them is not to release records (Maybe that will change if people can afford to pay for music again…)

Excuse me? CDs aren't that expensive. It's a nobrainer to trim your other spending for a disc or a few a month.

Sorry this is OT, but I cracked up when I saw your nick PsychedelicVegetable and the Clockwork Orange avatar. Almost spit breakfast porridge from my mouth. Hilarious! :P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me? CDs aren't that expensive. It's a nobrainer to trim your other spending for a disc or a few a month.

Sorry this is OT, but I cracked up when I saw your nick PsychedelicVegetable and the Clockwork Orange avatar. Almost spit breakfast porridge from my mouth. Hilarious! :P

611537[/snapback]

Dont know where you buy your cds, but I find 14-19 euros a cd pretty fucking expensive. (pardon my french there). Even beatport is taking outrageous prices for their DOWNLOADABLE cds.

1.49 pounds per track? 13.41 pounds per downloadable release?! And you aparently pay MORE for a WAV! No sir, this is not the future of music, this is the future of downfall of many more labels. *mumbles something about ripoff*

But hey, I dont know, maybe youre loaded with money, and you are able to download music for 14 pounds a release.

What really gets me is that Iboga themselfs sell the SAME album I got the price from online (and its a hardcopy cd) for 11 euros... now THAT is a nice price for a cd.... it COULD go even cheaper in the future though, and the artist would not lose a penny on it.

Funny how so many people are complaining about the prices of music, and do not even comment on it here :D Yeh yeh, wrong thread and that, but it is a part of NEO to make that a change, so its not going OT ;)

yes, music cds and flac/wav downloads are too expensive, imo, atleast here[in most post soviet countries, imo] it is too much - paying 11 and more euros per cd+shipping, and since you can get music for free from p2p, then why saving pennies for few cds per year [if any] if you can download allmost everything and it will cost you nothing [if you have bandwidth].

i would certainly buy shitloads of cds, but i simply cant afford them, give me few thousand euros and ill start right away, otherwise its not financially gainfully.

What I am so amazed about is, that you buy a FLAC/WAV, and you pay more than you might pay for a CD in a shop, and you have to burn it YOURSELF?!

Now, isnt that the sweetest bastard way of telling you that you are just some customer scum?!

let me just say - 3UKP per album [flac/wav downloads] would do the trick for me ;)

if you have mp3 player you dont have to burn them, maybe just to make some dvd/bluray/hddvd backup :D.

612363[/snapback]

Thats a price that can not be implemented, lets keep real here. However I think its VERY possible to keep it below the 10 euro line :)

I can see that buying single WAV/FLAC tracks can be good for Djs if they want a particular track.

No chance in hell I would download an whole album in WAV/FLAC for that price (or any price for that matter :P). You get no cover and you have to burn it yourself---not gonna happen.

I can see that buying single WAV/FLAC tracks can be good for Djs if they want a particular track.

No chance in hell I would download an whole album in WAV/FLAC for that price (or any price for that matter :P). You get no cover and you have to burn it yourself---not gonna happen.

612365[/snapback]

You have been banned from the NEO network with emidiate effect! :P

Thats a price that can not be implemented, lets keep real here. However I think its VERY possible to keep it below the 10 euro line :)

612364[/snapback]

well, if we leave aside money making factor then it is possible :P

imo

but everyone whos involved want some money, no one will work for free, you have to eat, yet i think it could be made way cheaper.

isnt it really possible with flac/wav downloads?

I only need NEMO  :D

612378[/snapback]

LOL! :lol: who doesnt?! :D Who can 2nd that?! ;)

612412[/snapback]

ME!!

;)

Good! I don't need NEO! :P  B)  :)

612376[/snapback]

I only need NEMO  :D

612378[/snapback]

NEO is ONE of a kind & eventually you'll either want it or need it!

;)

Dont know where you buy your cds, but I find 14-19 euros a cd pretty fucking expensive. (pardon my french there). Even beatport is taking outrageous prices for their DOWNLOADABLE cds.

1.49 pounds per track? 13.41 pounds per downloadable release?! And you aparently pay MORE for a WAV! No sir, this is not the future of music, this is the future of downfall of many more labels. *mumbles something about ripoff*

But hey, I dont know, maybe youre loaded with money, and you are able to download music for 14 pounds a release.

What really gets me is that Iboga themselfs sell the SAME album I got the price from online (and its a hardcopy cd) for 11 euros... now THAT is a nice price for a cd.... it COULD go even cheaper in the future though, and the artist would not lose a penny on it.

611543[/snapback]

No need to get worked up dude. I mostly buy my CDs at Psyshop and pay 12-14 euros per disc (including postage to Finland). Considering that a CD costs 22 euros in Finland, that's a good price. I'm not swimming in money, and 28 euros a month on two CDs doesn't break most budgets. Even if you didn't want to pay the middlemen (labels, distributors, retailers...), buying nothing will result in the artist getting no compensation for their hard & passionate work. And FYI I think Beatport's prices are way too high for downloads.

yes, music cds and flac/wav downloads are too expensive, imo, atleast here[in most post soviet countries, imo] it is too much - paying 11 and more euros per cd+shipping, and since you can get music for free from p2p, then why saving pennies for few cds per year [if any] if you can download allmost everything and it will cost you nothing [if you have bandwidth].

i would certainly buy shitloads of cds, but i simply cant afford them, give me few thousand euros and ill start right away, otherwise its not financially gainfully.

612341[/snapback]

The most important reason to buy is your moral obligation to pay for the artist's work. Buy as many (or few) as you can.

No need to get worked up dude. I mostly buy my CDs at Psyshop and pay 12-14 euros per disc (including postage to Finland). Considering that a CD costs 22 euros in Finland, that's a good price. I'm not swimming in money, and 28 euros a month on two CDs doesn't break most budgets. Even if you didn't want to pay the middlemen (labels, distributors, retailers...), buying nothing will result in the artist getting no compensation for their hard & passionate work. And FYI I think Beatport's prices are way too high for downloads.

615457[/snapback]

Yeah, but the problem is that more labels should follow the example of some of the other labels. Like iboga, look at them, you can buy the cds directly from them for 11 euros, and at the end, they are doing the same work as a online recordshop does hehe.... worthing thinking about eh?

Now, this DUDE is not worked up, this dude has had enough of ripoffs in his life. When I started buying 12"s I payed around 7 euros for them, and today, EVENTHOUGH pressing costs less, you pay 10 euros in some shops?

I am asking myself, just WHAT is it, that has become more expensive?

No this dude is not worked up at all, im completely disgusted by some peoples ambitions to make money out of people with great ideas and ambitions (some of the labels and the artists out there, and there are many with good ideas, dont turn and twist this argument please!)

Anyways, no sir, im not worked up.... we are about to make change, and its about that someone has the guts to do so! (I might fall right on my nose though, and thats fine, but atleast I tried!) :)

Peace and love to you as well my friend!

Nemo

Yeah, but the problem is that more labels should follow the example of some of the other labels. Like iboga, look at them, you can buy the cds directly from them for 11 euros, and at the end, they are doing the same work as a online recordshop does hehe.... worthing thinking about eh?

Because they are a smaller selling business than a retailer like Psyshop that sells far more different records, they may have more costs per record to cover, but I'm not sure this would explain all of the price. This is just speculation and I'm not trying to defend them. If they are indeed selling them at a higher price than they "should",

Now, this DUDE is not worked up, this dude has had enough of ripoffs in his life. When I started buying 12"s I payed around 7 euros for them, and today, EVENTHOUGH pressing costs less, you pay 10 euros in some shops?

No this dude is not worked up at all, im completely disgusted by some peoples ambitions to make money out of people with great ideas and ambitions (some of the labels and the artists out there, and there are many with good ideas, dont turn and twist this argument please!)

Just to clarify, I wasn't against your initial idea. I think it's a good one.

Anyways, no sir, im not worked up.... we are about to make change, and its about that someone has the guts to do so! (I might fall right on my nose though, and thats fine, but atleast I tried!) :)

Good luck with your endeavour. I wholeheartedly support it.

Because they are a smaller selling business than a retailer like Psyshop that sells far more different records, they may have more costs per record to cover, but I'm not sure this would explain all of the price. This is just speculation and I'm not trying to defend them. If they are indeed selling them at a higher price than they "should",

Just to clarify, I wasn't against your initial idea. I think it's a good one.

Good luck with your endeavour. I wholeheartedly support it.

617914[/snapback]

Thank you! :)