Another Skazi / Im topic

Guest Elysium

...but at one point the bitching has to stop and life has to move on :)

591264[/snapback]

Wise words, old man. :P Now if only somebody would hold down the fucking people who whine constantly about the "old days" and tatoo this line in the back of their eyelids in glowing fluorescent ink, the world (or at least psy/goa/music-in-general) scene would be a much happier place! :lol:

*slightly off-topic*

Is this net-label of yours that you mentioned up & running yet? I assume the style will be along the lines of what you are into nowadays (Skazi-riffic killarg stuff, of course), so I'd be interested to check it out. Are you going to sell through beatport and the like, or use your own interface?

Guest Elysium

Now if only somebody would hold down the fucking people who whine constantly about the "old days" and tatoo this line in the back of their eyelids in glowing fluorescent ink, the world (or at least psy/goa/music-in-general) scene would be a much happier place!  :lol:

hehe good one :P

*slightly off-topic*

Is this net-label of yours that you mentioned up & running yet?  I assume the style will be along the lines of what you are into nowadays (Skazi-riffic killarg stuff, of course), so I'd be interested to check it out.  Are you going to sell through beatport and the like, or use your own interface?

Yeps we got a 3 CD deal with Skazi :ph34r:

The label (Loopfreaks/Loopfreaks Digital Release) is registered and ready to go.

We are currently holding back the first release due to a license opportunity worldwide on vinyl. So we like to sync that release with the online release.

The musica will be out on Beatport, Juno, a new Southamerican online shop via Tropical Beats and maybe iTunes if we are approved.

True and it might seem as if those who stay away have abandoned the "ship". But have they really?  To me they just moved on to something better for them and it's perfectly ok.

591279[/snapback]

I know,thats exactly what i did.

My two pennies...

Even though the scene as we knew it is pretty much disappeared and been replaced by some neo full-on Skazi worshipping pop trance - we still have exceptions to this - Sundance, Suntrip etc producing original music that we used to know before all this crap. And of course there is progressive psytrance (house :P ) which I'm getting into.

As for Infected, well I haven't bought anything from them since B.P Empire (which is an absolutely genious album - why didn't the scene go THIS way? [whole post in itself isn't it!]) - and I don't intend to, apart from The Gathering/B.P Empire CD5", because I know that I don't like their style now.

They are still extremely talented, but that's not enough - they've said themselves that they make music for the crowd, and that's the way the scene has gone - the crowd have now turned into a bunch of candy raving kids. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm still going to support the progressive side of the scene and the labels that will push out great music. As long as good music is released then all is not lost.

My conclusion is that the visions behind psytrance/goa indeed are stone cold dead and that it is a waste of time to point fingers at anyone.  My conclusion is also that talk comes cheap and action and change is for those who bitch less and act more.

591179[/snapback]

i agree with your point , bitching about the scene is not going to help , but doing some new music will at least bring some balance. i know that its impossible (totally) to bring the good ol times back , but it would be nice to have some balance in psytrance , a bit of everything , it would be cool in a party to have some goa acts , good fullon acts , prog acts , instead of 100% supa killer fullon all the way. thats my toughts about it i try and work my best to bring some more attention to the old skool side :) . and u Kris? are u? ;)

Euhm, no. Ever since the beginnings of electronic culture the drugs were involved and I don't think that at those times people were brainless zombies following their idols banging their heads while demented on drugs. But I see your point cause many youngsters are doing far more and worse drugs than ever so they behave INSANE on parties... I cannot blame drugs, nor the artists, I blame the crowd cause the crowd is dictating the scene. Do you think that any of the pioneers want to make THE SAME music as the rest ? I don't think so, they make music cause they expect the crowd to drink it without even considering their input, they make music for the masses, that is unfortunately the truth, the scene turned commerical and that's what it is... I decided to quit being SOUR GRAPE and now moved onto complete different types of music, not caring about the trance at all...  :unsure:

591255[/snapback]

Indeed there are tons of worthy and psychedelic music to be discovered in the realms of electronica , even if it's not labelled "psychedelic"... B)

The masses prefer easy feel-good music (or any other form of culture, for that matter), and there are musicians who will cater to their taste because they like fame & fortune. Parts of culture that are non-mainstream are turned into commercial products which changes them (and the scene built around them) significantly. I very much doubt that will change any time soon; those things are part of the modern society.

I don't long after the old goa sound, though I still love to listen to the music. IMO music has to (and eventually it will) evolve, but it should retain qualities that I value, such as depth and diversity. At the end of the day however, I believe I'll be in the minority for the foreseeable future. Do I have sleepless nights because of that? No.