FreQ-First cd- Alloys!

psydmt

Anybody want to put a price on this one? Seems very rare to me

In 1998, record label POSITIVE ION records released the debut psy trance album from Christchurch producer Aran Gallagher, a.k.a FREq. ALLOYS sold out of all copies in NZ alone in 6 months! The need for more live local acts in the Christchurch electronic dance music scene, saw the formation of FREq early in 1996. Since this formation FREq has become one of New Zealands most renowned live electronic artists due to the success of the live performances that have been exhibited at various electronic dance events throughout New Zealand. Events such as Tranceformation (Castle Hill), Nice (Goat Island - Auckland), Omnivore (Wellington Town Hall), Karma 1 and 2 (ChristChurch Town Hall) and peak time sets at Gatherings 96/97 and 97/98 (Canaan Downs, Nelson) to name a few. This locally-released debut album is best filed under trance, but with various dance genres making cameo appearances, it is pleasingly frenzied into a highly likable form of techno. FREq, a regular contributor of live sets to otherwise deejayed dance parties, has a punchy, characteristic sound, using strong, uplifting melodies propelled by pounding beats and squelchy synth. The later part of the album segues into the glorious rush of trance mayhem which is 'Ferrous'. The richest alloy here, however, is 'Quilt', a rapturous dance groove swimming in subtle atmospheres. It is an album which will grow on you and isn't exclusively full of dance party music. Take this in and you be the judge." (Obscure NZ Reviews)

Released in 1998, It is so rare that I cant find it mentioned anywhere available anywhere on-line. I believe it was only released in NZ with less than 200 copies.

TRACK LIST

1. Geowana

2. Niar

3. Quilt

4. 5pin Din

5. The Cylon

6. Seraph

7. Ferrous

8. Switch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sure is good, sounds like it was released just yesterday. Ahead of its time this one was for sure. Doesn't sound too much like FREq's later stuff, if at all..

Wish I could get my hands on a real copy somehow :posford:

oh yes its a big rarity and i get people contacting me all the time making offers for it

still have lots of freq stuff not released on any album that only a couple of psynews members have heard

Hi, what would people be willing to offer for this. yes i have a copy in good condition. I know the last one sold went for 130 euros. Pm me if your serious.

is it melodic? is it acidtrance? is it flowing trance?

or is it more like nitch o not???

let us know!!! with what names can we compare it?

heard samples somewhere! not my kinda thing, sounds more like real trance, heard better before in my life!

and some hard trance tracks; myes, sorry, but 130 euro is crazy!! I know it is been sold for 20, sorry to ruïn the fun!

btw; last track calls "Switch Mode"

rare , but not so good to me, just rare! like so many stuff in the world floating around (against crazy prices)

heard samples somewhere! not my kinda thing, sounds more like real trance, heard better before in my life!

and some hard trance tracks; myes, sorry, but 130 euro is crazy!! I know it is been sold for 20, sorry to ruïn the fun!

btw; last track calls "Switch Mode"

rare , but not so good to me, just rare! like so many stuff in the world floating around (against crazy prices)

what ever floats your boat

whatever blows your hair back