Interviews with artists from the dark psy area

moni

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but for some other labels (maybe proggie or full-on ones, dunno?) these ind of questions might create discomfort.

i didn't realise the mafia is so prolific amongst full on and prog labels :ph34r:

i didn't realise the mafia is so prolific amongst full on and prog labels  :ph34r:

533288[/snapback]

wow, don't get me wrong.

i'm talking about who would actually talk openly about their position in "the scene". meaning INSIDE information. that's gotta be uncomfortable for some people!

i gave Trishula Records as an example, as i have met one of the owners of the label, and i got to ask him some questions about their activity. He started this because he likes the music they release, and money making was not his priority when he decided to create the label. i DO hope that they're making profit though! they weren't making profit in the beginning, and i would be curious to see how things evolved for them.

we all know that some labels are in for the money and going for releasing music to bring profit, and not doing it for pleasure and with taking the risk of loosing money in the process .. ONLY. it's usually those who are in for the profit who are more PRIVATE about the results of their activity.

i preffer giving names when putting out a posivite example, and not giving names to put others against the wall. it's not my style.

plus i don't really know many label people. so all is up there is my personal humble opinnion.

actually, i think you got me wrong, i was only joking :)

533329[/snapback]

i noticed the humour in your post, but still it made me realise that my post could have been interpreted in various ways. just wanted to clear it out.

Just another thing regarding labels ... I don't see the problem in asking them a question about their economy. If they don't wanna answer they can just say "no comment" or just briefly touch the subject. I don't think a lot of people want to see their budgets, but just get a glimpse of how the economy part of running a label works out.

By the way... if anyone happens to know if there are any interviews with Para Halu on the net, please paste url here. I would very much like to read one, and I can't find any on google :rolleyes:

Just another thing regarding labels ... I don't see the problem in asking them a question about their economy. If they don't wanna answer they can just say "no comment" or just briefly touch the subject. I don't think a lot of people want to see their budgets, but just get a glimpse of how the economy part of running a label works out.

533374[/snapback]

all in all, i'd be interested in what labels would have to say about the scene too. so i suppose we'll try to do some interviews with labels as well.

woohoo