Astralasia

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

Hello to all goa/psy lovers!

I have recently bought "Something Somewhere" album from Astralasia. I very like it and I would like to search for more Astralasia releases. Which other cd or trax from this group do you recommand me to find?

Thanks for advance!

Guest Astro Cortex

Well, most of their releases till '96 are nothing less than amazing, the album that got me addicted was "Axis Mundi", their best work IMO, closely followed by "Pitched Up at the Edge of Reality".

Well, most of their releases till '96 are nothing less than amazing, the album that got me addicted was "Axis Mundi", their best work IMO, closely followed by "Pitched Up at the Edge of Reality".

511911[/snapback]

definately pitched up at the edge of reality

though very hard to find i would imagine, 1993 it was released(i think)

does anyone know anything at all about their supposedly upcoming 2CD album "away with the fairies" ?

i only see it lined up for release in some online stores, can't find any info about it

512484[/snapback]

It will be released on may 1st on Talking Elephant, you can order it from amazon here

It seems as if it's going to sound like a mixture of folk rock and ambient.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Very great info! I thought Astralasia has stopped to produce music :( So, I'm looking for this new and long-awaited album :) Rock folk and ambient, whouah, my ears will be deeply appreciated it! :D

BTW: Thanx for all the recommandations, guys! They are deeply appreciated :)

It will be released on may 1st on Talking Elephant, you can order it from amazon here

512613[/snapback]

Cheers!

A mixture of folk rock and ambient sounds good! Let's hope it will be

512613[/snapback]

Sounds that they going back to their Magic Mushroom Band roots.

That was Psychedelic Rock with Ambient.

Which Astralasia Album I can't recommend is White Bird. Very crap.

All the rest are very good. :)

• 10 months later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

"Away with the fairies" is a pretty good album I will say, with a strange mixture on different genres. According to me the first cd sounds more like the astralasia origins, but the second one is more uncommon from their part. I think Astralasia tried there different/new things on this new one. I prefer their old ambient stuff personnally than this new album.

I don't know if it got a success or not, but we didn't speak a lot about it it seems.

Guest Cosmogenesis

I bought the cd from the french music shops fnac there, but it was a big story to get it, since a very few copies were available for sale, it's like talking elephant didn't press a lot of cds ...

And yes, you have to listen the cd a couple of times before to enter in it. :)