Annus Horribilis (My new track)

Charlie

Okay, first things first, please bear in mind this is my first track in around 5 years and I don't have very good software, oh and it's not very psychedelic. I'm not overly happy with the production values (you may hear slight hissing) but I don't think it detracts from the track too much. I've already sent it off to Twisted but am prepared for the fact they may reject it.

Anyway, enough with the excuses. Please be honest with your opinions unless you don't like it in which case i don't wanna know what you think. Cheers.

Here she is, she's a beauty -

http://rapidshare.de/files/17933513/Annus_...ibilis.wav.html

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My eyes are swelling with tears whilst listening to this piece. Beauty itself is redefined by your delicate yet passionate sonic rendering. I lay down to die in the fields a complete and humbled man. Bravo Charlie.

Please upload it to yousendit.com - rapidshare never EVER works for me.

509791[/snapback]

Having a bit of trouble figuring out Yousendit as I can't figure out how to host files. Do I simply send the file to my account then post a link to the file on my account?

Having a bit of trouble figuring out  Yousendit as I can't figure out how to host files. Do I simply send the file to my account then post a link to the file on my account?

509797[/snapback]

1. Add recipient email address as yours.

2. Browse for the file.

3. Press 'Send'. Once this has finished, you should get a link to the file on the page (for your records).

Done. :)

If you can't get it working, send it over MSN:

therealbenbriggs(isat)hotmail(dotcom)

509767[/snapback]

Wow! Much better than I was expecting. I think you should really take the time and spend the cash to get this professionally mastered by a big name, maybe have Son Kite do it?

Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us.

f

Good tune, Charlie. After hearing the opening 30 seconds I genuinely didn't expect to like it but, no, it's really rather lovely. Gets especially good at around 1:00 and steadily builds in quality there on. Has a very hypnotic, enthralling and warm sound to it. Really nice and fuzzy.

Shame about the bit-rate as it consequently sounds pretty thin but that's true of any 128 kbps recording.

509827[/snapback]

Oh sure, you thank everybody but me! That's just great. :angry:

You know, I wasn't going to say this originally, but now I will. I thought the tune wasn't very original. It steals a lot from other big names that did this first, sounds quite a lot of the overplayed crap you will find nowadays. :angry:

Okay, first things first, please bear in mind this is my first track in around 5 years and I don't have very good software, oh and it's not very psychedelic. I'm not overly happy with the production values (you may hear slight hissing) but I don't think it detracts from the track too much. I've already sent it off to Twisted but am prepared for the fact they may reject it.

Anyway, enough with the excuses. Please be honest with your opinions unless you don't like it in which case i don't wanna know what you think. Cheers.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17933513/Annus_...ibilis.wav.html

509767[/snapback]

I rarely do what I am told!

Ah, screw it. Sorry I am so bitter, it is just the jealousy talking.

509837[/snapback]

It's alright, man, I apologise too. I really should have thanked you. I'll thank you twice to make up for it.

Thank you. Thank you. :)

I'm thinking Twisted might be selling this work short. I'd aim for Sony or Capitol, or even Warp, although it might be too good for Warp.

509840[/snapback]

You know, you might be right, it is a bloody masterpiece. I'll send it to a few labels and see who offers me the best deal. I can see a lot of money in this for me.

It's alright, man, I apologise too. I really should have thanked you. I'll thank you twice to make up for it.

Thank you. Thank you.  :)

509841[/snapback]

Aw. <HUGS>

A Jaia remix of this would be yummy.