First post here plus question.

faze

Hi gang,

My first post here. Just found this site recently. I used to visit a previous site long ago about GOA reviews, they seem to have shut and the link has forwarded me here now.

So far I am really enjoying these forums. I wish I had found them a lot sooner.

I used to listen to Psy music years back, but then took sort of a vacation from it and started listening to more mainstream stuff, breaks, etc. I have recently come back to some of my older CDs and am enjoying those tremendously. The problem is, I have missed out on stuff from the last five years or so. I found Psyshop.com and that site is an amazing find. So addicting going through all the samples there. I have made some purchases and am eagerly awaiting them.

Reading through the forums here, I have found a lot of recommendations of CDs that seem to be essential listening. Psyshop is out of stock on a lot of these, as they are a few years old. I have searched some other shops without luck as well. Do you have any recommendations of where I might be able to track down some older releases? Any sites that specialize in older releases, or have I just missed the boat? One CD example is Vibrasphere - Lime Structure. Every place seems to be out of stock. :(

Thank you for reading,

F

Hi gang,

My first post here. Just found this site recently. I used to visit a previous site long ago about GOA reviews, they seem to have shut and the link has forwarded me here now.

I used to listen to Psy music years back, but then took sort of a vacation from it and started listening to more mainstream stuff, breaks, etc. I have recently come back to some of my older CDs and am enjoying those tremendously. The problem is, I have missed out on stuff from the last five years or so. I found Psyshop.com and that site is an amazing find. So addicting going through all the samples there. I have made some purchases and am eagerly awaiting them.

Reading through the forums here, I have found a lot of recommendations of CDs that seem to be essential listening. Psyshop is out of stock on a lot of these, as they are a few years old. I have searched some other shops without luck as well. Do you have any recommendations of where I might be able to track down some older releases? Any sites that specialize in older releases, or have I just missed the boat? One CD example is Vibrasphere - Lime Structure. Every place seems to be out of stock.  :(

Thank you for reading,

F

495156[/snapback]

try ebay, after you get results set location to worldwide and repeat search with this criteria :)!

Vibrasphere - Lime Strucutre

Hi gang,

Reading through the forums here, I have found a lot of recommendations of CDs that seem to be essential listening. Psyshop is out of stock on a lot of these, as they are a few years old. I have searched some other shops without luck as well. Do you have any recommendations of where I might be able to track down some older releases? Any sites that specialize in older releases, or have I just missed the boat? One CD example is Vibrasphere - Lime Structure. Every place seems to be out of stock.  :(

Thank you for reading,

F

495156[/snapback]

welcome to the club Faze :)

i cant really help you as i am on the same condition as you,maybe even worse as i am looking for older goa albums,and they are a bitch to find! :(

Thanks for the replies so far. I did try eBay but never realized there was a Worldwide option. Thank you! That does help with more matches. US eBay no matches on any of my searches.

Yes, download is an option, but is my last option. If available to purchase, I shall purchase first. If not available for purchase then... :ph34r:

Thank you all.

Thanks for the replies so far. I did try eBay but never realized there was a Worldwide option. Thank you! That does help with more matches. US eBay no matches on any of my searches.

Yes, download is an option, but is my last option. If available to purchase, I shall purchase first. If not available for purchase then... :ph34r:

Thank you all.

495175[/snapback]

Go ninja!

:D

A good idea is to see if the label is still alive; In the case of Lime Structures, the label Digital Structures has its own MP3 shop linked from their site. They also link some online stoers on their "Shop" section. You can usually find label web sites through Discogs.com. Happy hunting!

A good idea is to see if the label is still alive; In the case of Lime Structures, the label Digital Structures  has its own MP3 shop linked from their site. They also link some online stoers on their "Shop" section. You can usually find label web sites through Discogs.com. Happy hunting!

495279[/snapback]

Oooo! Nice find, Ukiro. Thank you much! Just purchased some albums from them.

F

• 2 weeks later...

you-re not missing much from the last 5 years...lots of crap released.

though it's a matter of taste!

for me try to find releases from (as far as 4/4 is concerned) :

cosma

freq

psycraft(the first and second album)

cosmic tone

logic bomb

s-range

prometheus

vibrasphere

psydrop

what you should be striving for is to find psy-chill (extremely forwarding progression of this genre)

essential names are:

entheogenic

shpongle

shulman

ott

abakus

tripswitch

carbon based lifeforms

bluetech

i hope that these will be helpful... ;)

Very cool. Thank you all for the replies. It is very helpful.

Some of the names on the list I have checked out this week.

Freq (purchased Strange Attractors. LOVE IT)

Vibrasphere (purchased Lime Structure and Landmark EP LOVE IT)

Entheogenic (just samples online so far, sounding good)

Shulman (samples online so far, sounding great)

Abakus (samples, LOVED IT and Ordered it)

Tripswitch (samples, sounding good)

I will DEFINITELY check out all of your other recommendations as well. :o

Thank you very much for your replies and suggestions,

F

Patience young SkyWalker. I was in your shoes a little over a year ago. Hours and hours on the internet searching through E-bay and online music shops and you will slowly but surely find about anything you want in the realm of Goa and older psy. Be prepared to pay because some of it doesn't come cheaply. It really depends how badly you want it.