We're merging threads in the following days...

DeathPosture

Hey review-people!

Just a heads-up from the moderators...

As you know, we've just cleaned and parsed over 2000 of the ancient Psynews reviews - and now we're gonna merge those reviews with those written from 2004 - 2006...

So, that means that some of the review threads from 2004-2006 will dissapear for a short while... But it's only until we've merged them with the newly parsed clean reviews...

So don't worry if you can't find a review thread in the following days... They WILL be visible shortly... Bear with us, while we do this... It all has to be done manually...

Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost! :)

See you soon kids - you can look forward to more than 2000 'new' review threads...

/DP

* Hardly waiting...* :D

Hey DP, I remembered...are you going to include ambient/downtempo/IDM/electronica reviews I made as well, or they will stay in this reviews section not being mixed with trance ? :unsure:

Speaking of review threads disappearing. Whatever happened to the MYSTICA - AGE OF INNOCENCE review thread?? I just wrote and added my review to that 1998 goatrance album in the last several days (2002-1998 section) ... only to find it missing. All the others seem to be there though. Any thoughts? :huh::blink:

Speaking of review threads disappearing. Whatever happened to the MYSTICA - AGE OF INNOCENCE review thread?? I just wrote and added my review to that 1998 goatrance album in the last several days (2002-1998 section) ... only to find it missing. All the others seem to be there though. Any thoughts? :huh::blink:

485893[/snapback]

Cocco - ehhh... Did you read the first post in this thread?

Cocco - ehhh... Did you read the first post in this thread?

486156[/snapback]

Oops, I somehow read right over that part. Gotta pay attention more. Thanks.

Hey DP...are you going to include ambient/downtempo/IDM/electronica reviews I made as well, or they will stay in this reviews section not being mixed with trance ? :)

485139[/snapback]

* Hardly waiting...* :D

Hey DP, I remembered...are you going to include ambient/downtempo/IDM/electronica reviews I made as well, or they will stay in this reviews section not being mixed with trance ?  :unsure:

485139[/snapback]

Well, we're not gonna delete them... For now, they will stay where they are... :)

Wild stuff... I easily found a few of my old reviews, and actually agreed with the comments I made. Shock & surprise!

It's also amazing to see how far reviews have come, from short little three line babies to the improbably verbose essay formats of today. Then again, I'm probably the worst offender in that regard :)

One little thing, I don't know if it's the right thread but: Please change 1990 - 1994 into: - 1994.

Cause someone might find something they wanna review that is of importance in this scene even though being released before 1990! For example, Astralasia's 1990 release is there, The Orb has early stuff there too, they released similar stuff (i think?) before 1990.

Another good idea is a "non-psytrance" review section (EDIT: for any year). If you do that, a 1990 - 1994 section is allright (EDIT: allright for the psytrance section of course) :)

Sorry for bitching ;)

Guest Astro Cortex

Be careful with that non-psy-section idea. It's not as clearly defined as some people would like it to be. Astralasia is a good example. Which of their releases are psytrance and which are not?

Be careful with that non-psy-section idea. It's not as clearly defined as some people would like it to be. Astralasia is a good example. Which of their releases are psytrance and which are not?

487723[/snapback]

I agree :)

That's the same thing with the age section... But... If we review astralasia, why not the psy-rock band they derived from? And then why not Pink Floyd? Why not Led Zeppelin? Beatles? Elvis Presley? Medieval flute-music?

;)

My post count went from ~1450 to where it is now... wtf? Do I really have over 1000 reviews on the old site? I find that improbable.  :ph34r:

490058[/snapback]

It's not only reviews that have been added to your postcount. It's old posts also.

• 7 years later...