This track is from AP:s cd Another World...I must say that I don´t

liek this track at all...The sounds are cool but the melodie sucks. And the

remixes are not the best(the basslines sounds almost as Modern

Talking)...This is not worth buying especially if you have their cd, beacuse

the best track here is the original mix...3/10

PS: I saw AP in Docklands(Stockholm) one month ago or something like that. I

got that great AP feeling but the thing I don´t understand is why they are

standing behind 6 synthz and all the noises are the same as in the

records????And they were like 1 hour late....

Guest pauli[at]goatrance[dot]com

So average tracks...

AP has some problems? New tracks are shit and they are late from gigs like you

said...Sad...

• 1 month later...
Guest a1adam[at]yahoo[dot]com

"Another World" is not a particularly inspiring piece of music. It's just too

shallow and repetitive, without any of the zest and lust for life that

previous releases had. Tiresome trance-by-numbers...

• 1 year later...
Guest [Anonymous]

Average Track coming from Astral.Soundform is very good with interesting beat

patterns-if Solid Electronics is a copy-I must admit it surpasses Soundform in

the full-on sense-crowds trip out everytime I drop this track.

• 3 years later...

Posted Image

Label: Trust In Trance Records , Phonokol

Catalog#: T.I.T. CD 019, 2133-2

Format: CD

Released: 1999

Can't believe there isn't a review of this record here !!!!!!! Here's a copy of my review from Discogs.

Hearing Another World 6-7 years after its release is a real gem and a beatiful trip down trance & music memory lane. This album holds all the essentials that made me fall in love with trance in the first place and oozes talent, ideas, and a profound love of music. The melodies, the force of sounds, the simplicity & the complexity. It's all here. The boys from Astral Projection really were walking on water back then and this album one of many milestones in their career.

Need I pick one favourite it'd be Searching For U.F.O.'s, but it really isn't worthwhile doing. Everything is 7/5 here.

An essential in any trance collection.

My album has a different cover, not that that's important.

As for the music - it's okay but by far my least favourite of their first four albums. It has a few good tunes, the opening track being my personal favourite but I feel the album shows signs of where it all started going wrong for Astral Projection, the first steps on the slippery slidey slope.

A five or six out of ten at best from me.

Nilaya (9:25)

Another World (6:54)

Visions Of Nasca (6:57)

Searching For UFO's (10:26)

Tryptomine Dream (9:51)

Trance Dance (9:33)

Mahadeva '99 (8:21)

Aqua Line Spirit (8:35)

Still On Mars (7:31)

Nilaya track is a must have, inventive melodies, psychedelic, so powerful and such a charism...

Trance Dance is among the most enjoyable tracks here, morning track, nice melodies... but the real disappointment is truly the remix of Mahadeva, such a poor track, a pity, what was the point of making such a bad remix of the legendary track? ...

Other quite boring tracks for me : Another world, and Still on Mars.

Nevertheless, I dig Tryptomine dream, Searching for UFO's, and Aqua line spirit, nice "smiling" and "optimistic" track.

Vision of Nasca is among the darkest, and it's not bad at all.

7.5/10

10/10

Another World, Searching For UFO's and Mahadeva '99 are three of the best goa tracks ever. The rest of the tracks are great too especially Visions Of Nasca. Classic!

431275[/snapback]

are you sure about Mahadeva 99? are we talking about the same track?! :blink::blink:

Huh Manuel, that was harsh.

I find this album as their true masterpiece...here they are the hardest, darkest, and most psychedelic and I like literally every single track. VISIONS OF NASCA being the ultimate highlight of the album followed with NILAYA, SEARCHING FOR UFO'S, TRANCE DANCE, AQUA LINE SPIRIT and ANOTHER WORLD.

10/10

Can't believe there isn't a review of this record here !!!!!!!

That may be because many of us reviewed this album years back in the old goatrance reviews section. It's kinda tiresome to imagine reviewing every classic album again and again. Not just this album; many classics haven't been re-reviewed again.

ANOTHER WORLD is the last classic album by Astral Projection. I feel this is nothing less than a 9/10 score. This was their last [and probably final] masterpiece. I would've been more content with things ending here, in a reflection of near perfection, as opposed to what followed.

I didn't like Another World nearly as much back then... after hearing Dancing Galaxy. Most songs in Another World don't have much of an interesting introduction to the songs before the kickdrum drops in. The melodies build of course, but at times the kickdrum drops in within the first ten seconds of the song! I prefer those atmopheric, cool intro's to lead me in. The quick drop of kickdrum obviously makes it more dance friendly. I enjoyed the atmopsheric, fluid intro's in Dancing Galaxy.. arguably the *PEEK* of AP's career. However, Dancing Galaxy at times felt like one, excellent, long goatrance track. Another World's tracks seem to have more differentiating personality and character with which distinguish them.

-Nilaya

-Visions of Nasca

-Searching for UFO's

-Tryptomine dream

-Trance Dance

-Aqua Line Spirit

amongst others, really stand out. They're very different in AP's style and all sound like great, [more or less] classic songs! That's almost the entire 79:39 minute album!

Any Negative or less positive?:

First, I've always felt that Still on Mars is kinda boring for a final track on an AP album. It's far from bad and overall nothing great IMO, even for a chill/trance song.

Second, the self titled Another World isn't nearly as impressive, great, and Mahadeva RMX isn't original and as great either when compared to the others. I can't give this album a perfect score, their are better goatrance albums if I had to compare. I've come to appreciate these songs I once didn't care for over the years. I also clearly think the album should have started with the self-title song, Another World, because when going from Nilaya to the second track, Another World, it's a bit disappointing or lacking in comparison.

Third, I strongly feel no one remixes AP's songs better than AP. I'd take a Mahadeva rmx by AP over some other artist doing it any day. Of course I feel it could have been even better. Also, it would have been nice to have a different, great, original song on this album, maybe in place of that remix, but wait... that was their choice. If the original was great, I feel the rmx is good.

I wish they made another album masterpiece like their first three AP albums ... with all new songs updated in a modern style that's excellent. AMEN was pretty good, but a disappointment for many when compared to their earlier albums. AMEN was not the modern, excellent album I speak of. We haven't gotten that one yet and may never. AP peeked somewhere around 97-99, and I question whether or not the still have it in them to put out another masterpiece of all tracks created, written, and produced by them. They seem to enjoy sitting back doing less now days.

Then came AP - In the Mix... which had some pretty good CLUB songs on it. I always enjoyed Burning Up and several other songs. However this is comparing their stuff to other club trance out there. I remember the negative conversations of AP going commercial, or more commercial, and overall In the Mix was not to be compared to their earlier sound, because at this point, AP had developed something called a "shadow of it's former self."

And what the hell was TEN?!! Getting other artists to remix your classic songs seemed like a BIG jump to cash in, simply by leaning back and not doing much. Most of the rmx's on TEN felt pointless and uninspired by the classic songs that are intended to inspire them to be remixed! I know that sounds bad. The remixes gave NO justice IMO. So maybe one or two weren't exactly terrible, actually decent at best, but compared to the original songs (?!) and even most stuff thats considered good out there? The overall remixes comp wasn't good, or decent, or half-decent. It was disappointing and unnecessary. I didn't feel special when hearing it, which is what these classics were supposed to feel like I'd hope.. nostalgic with a modern artist's touch. To ensure TEN wouldn't be screwed up like it was, they should have remixed their own songs! I bought that TEN comp when it first came out. I was so bummed out, sitting there like.. this can't be right. Are they serious? This is so typical and boring sounding?!! As amazing as AP's earlier work is.... I found the TEN compilation a complete waste of money, time, and focus. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT -- especially coming from my first favorite artists in goatrance ever... it was Astral Projection who got me into goatrance. :unsure:

In conclusion, Another World is one of the best goatrance albums of all time. The first track is beautiful, stong melody layers remind me of powerful, colorful waves of energy or water coming in on some gorgeous alien planet. This album is more visual for me. Most of Astral Projectin's earlier work I found so magical, visual, and amazing, now classic. Beautiful cover too! Speaking of their covers: Another thing that changed and became less memorable after Another World. What happened to AP? Was it age? The label pushing them to cut back and make club trance because it sells to a wider audience?, or was that what they wanted in their heart? What REALLY happened? Everything seemed to change after this album. Sure they made an occasional good song every now and then...but the detailed, stunning work on their first three AP albums took a backseat. Actually, it left the effing car. The passion and magic was no longer their. :) (!) Do you not agree?

...  at this point, AP had developed something called a "shadow of it's former self." ...And what the hell was TEN?!! ... The passion and magic was no longer their. :) (!) Do you not agree?

431451[/snapback]

I completely agree. It's not strange some artists are not able to hold the quality. What is weird here is why it had to decline THIS much.

This album is awesome, the tracks are classic but the synths here sound better coz of the beter production quality in that days. I wouldn´t say tht this is the final masterpiece but the tracks are really great, especially Still on Mars, Mahadeva 99, Visions of Nasca, Searching for UFOs, Titonic dream, and Another world. You all are right that this don´t sound as good as the original Mahadeva but it is still a good track. For me it´s 9/10

Huh Manuel, that was harsh.

431408[/snapback]

Harsh... sorry if it was. If it was harsh it was done on purpose, I mean how can one say that Mahadeva 99 is among the best goa tracks ever? It's simply wrong! Ormion you use to say "this track is one of the best ever" for lots of tracks... ^_^ I find it a bit exaggerated, then what is Mahadeva original? an unreal track from another planet? ;) well to say the truth, i think the 99 mix is mediocre at best, and i clearly hear the lack of inspiration in it. But when i judge a track by Astral projection, i always compare it with their other tracks, and it is clear that it is not among their best tracks, they can do better, and i never understood this remix...but well different people different tastes... :)

But i say it again, big thumbs up for Nilaya and Trance dance, among others.

Harsh... sorry if it was. If it was harsh it was done on purpose, I mean how can one say that Mahadeva 99 is among the best goa tracks ever? It's simply wrong! Ormion you use to say "this track is one of the best ever" for lots of tracks... ^_^ I find it a bit exaggerated, then what is Mahadeva original? an unreal track from another planet? ;) well to say the truth, i think the 99 mix is mediocre at best, and i clearly hear the lack of inspiration in it. But when i judge a track by Astral projection, i always compare it with their other tracks, and it is clear that it is not among their best tracks, they can do better, and i never understood this remix...but well different people different tastes... :)

432111[/snapback]

Of course it is not even remotely close to the original but I find it as a good upgrade of an original thing, and don't mind it a bit...it is mellow psychedelic at its best, but then again, tastes differ so there is no point in arguing, but I respect your opinion... ;)

432111[/snapback]

I can't understand how can you compare the original Mahadeva to Mahadeva '99. They sound so much different like two completelly different tracks. Actually they are two different tracks! Mahadeva '99 is more like a full remake than rmx. Just like Karina remix. Of course the original mahadeva is ultra classic and yes one of the best tracks ever, but the 99 version is more dreamy and spacey than aggressive and very-very beautiful. Both of them are amazing.

I can't understand how can you compare the original Mahadeva to Mahadeva '99. They sound so much different like two completelly different tracks. Actually they are two different tracks! Mahadeva '99 is more like a full remake than rmx. Just like Karina remix. Of course the original mahadeva is ultra classic and yes one of the best tracks ever, but the 99 version is more dreamy and spacey than aggressive and very-very beautiful. Both of them are amazing.

432668[/snapback]

True, the melody of mahadeva is easy to recreate but does it matter?

True, the melody of mahadeva is easy to recreate but does it matter?

432711[/snapback]

true it's mostly the simple melodies that create the super euphoric feeling

just have to create them,

sometimes I wonder how something so simple can be so good,

like this one,

I agree :)

• 7 months later...