Minilogue - Certain Things EP

Dragonflier

Discogs Link

Released on german techno label Traum Schallplatten back in september 2005, this is really something out of the ordinary from the swedish duo. Deep, rolling music of the highest quality. And when you think it can't get any better after the first two tracks, Steve Barnes kicks in with an awesome remix! Recommended to all fans of quality minimal music.

Anyone else heard this?

Don't know these tracks but all the rest the Minilogue guys put out on compilations was REALLY innovative "trance". A Minilogue-full-album should come out in the next coupple of months. You did know it's the Son Kite-guys right?

Don't know these tracks but all the rest the Minilogue guys put out on compilations was REALLY innovative "trance". A Minilogue-full-album should come out in the next coupple of months. You did know it's the Son Kite-guys right?

441662[/snapback]

Of course I knew, hehe. They've done some good stuff recently indeed, but nothing as good as this release IMO. Hopefully they'll make more music in this style, much more interesting than the prog house stuff....

441662[/snapback]

what label?

Yeah, this EP totally rocks. Totally deep. I'm really into Certain Things Pt. 1, but the second part (Radiohead semi-bootleg) is also great. The Steve Barnes remix is proficient, but IMO not nearly as good as the original tracks.

If you like that sort of sound from Minilogue, I would also recommend checking out the material they released recently on Frosty Music. There was the Spam EP (which was also on the most recent Tribal Vision CD) and they also did a remix for the Asle Björn song called "Lucky You". They also have another 12" coming out soon on some new label that is really great. I think it's released in a couple weeks - the guy who runs a local record store got a promo copy and let me listen to it a few days ago. ;) I forget the name of the EP and also of the label, but I'll ask the guy in the record store about it.

And I wouldn't call this style really house or progressive or even really techno - it's really along the lines of that whole minimal/Cologne/Kompakt sound (ie, Traumschallplatten ;) ). Really wicked stuff, IMO.

Edit: The new EP I mentioned is called "The Girl from Botany Bay" and is being released on WIR (sublabel of Traumschallplatten). There are samples here:

http://www.wordandsound.net/article/39894