Korg Prophecy Mono Synth

niobium

This should be in the musikmaking section. But to the topic, very much synhs that sound well havn´t a lfo function, with vst´s it´s easy because you can automate al things without any LFO, you just must know what how to use the autmomate funktion of your host. I don´t know how this synth sound but usually korg synthesizers don´t sound very well for psytrance, they are better for Hiphop, the best synths for psytrance are from roland and moog, very uniquie and very high quality. But the virus synth is alzo not to forget. Maybe otto mann or how he was called will say that iám Simon

This should be in the musikmaking section. But to the topic, very much synhs that sound well havn´t a lfo function, with vst´s it´s easy because you can automate al things without any LFO, you just must know what how to use the autmomate funktion of your host.I don´t know how this synth sound but usually korg synthesizers don´t sound very well for psytrance, they are better for Hiphop, the best synths for psytrance are from roland and moog, very uniquie and very high quality. But the virus synth is alzo not to forget. Maybe otto mann or how he was called will say that iám Simon

435251[/snapback]

ahahahahah :lol:

ever heard about the Korg Ms2000? :)

This should be in the musikmaking section. But to the topic, very much synhs that sound well havn´t a lfo function, with vst´s it´s easy because you can automate al things without any LFO, you just must know what how to use the autmomate funktion of your host. I don´t know how this synth sound but usually korg synthesizers don´t sound very well for psytrance, they are better for Hiphop, the best synths for psytrance are from roland and moog, very uniquie and very high quality. But the virus synth is alzo not to forget. Maybe otto mann or how he was called will say that iám Simon

435251[/snapback]

wtf? didn't you praise the MFG album "the prophecy" recently? Did you even know that it was in part named after this synth?

ahahahahah  :lol:

ever heard about the Korg Ms2000?  :)

435288[/snapback]

That one is Digital synth. Maybe you ment MS-20... that's the legendary (analog) Korg that meny well know electronic musicians have used.. including our Lord Mr. P... :lol: actually if I remember right it is one of his favourite synths.

That one is Digital synth. Maybe you ment MS-20... that's the legendary (analog) Korg that meny well know electronic musicians have used.. including our Lord Mr. P... :lol: actually if I remember right it is one of his favourite synths.

435299[/snapback]

ohh sorry sorry,yes i wanted to mean Ms-20,silly me :rolleyes:

The Prophecy is a nice synht. I had one in my studio for a couple of years ago and I've used it in a couple of tracks .. but had to get rid of it due to lack of space for it.

It's a quite heavy, sound-wise, synth and it can make some really nasty and screaming leads if you treat it right.

What's it worth? I wouldn't pay more than 250-300 Euros for a used one, and if there are buttons missing .. 200 Euros perhaps.

wtf? didn't you praise the MFG album "the prophecy" recently? Did you even know that it was in part named after this synth?

435294[/snapback]

i didn't know that... interesting! :)

just listen to Sandman's old tracks

i know the main synth he uses is Prophecy

The Prophecy is a nice synht. I had one in my studio for a couple of years ago and I've used it in a couple of tracks .. but had to get rid of it due to lack of space for it.

It's a quite heavy, sound-wise, synth and it can make some really nasty and screaming leads if you treat it right.

What's it worth? I wouldn't pay more than 250-300 Euros for a used one, and if there are buttons missing .. 200 Euros perhaps.

435330[/snapback]

thanks David. I have one with the LFO button missing as well as

the 'wheel 3 hold' button being imbedded slightly, into the machine.

Both 'buttons' I think are still functional though, as you can probe around

'inside' and press the 'real' button.

If anyone is interested in buying it from me send me an offer over 200 euros.

One other thing I should mention is that - and the synth has be like this

since I purchased it - sometimes the strip on the 'log' doesn't behave

perfectly smoothly as well as one of the five programmable knobs. (knob 1

I think).

The synth has quite a few sophisticated abilities and the trade off was that

it was only a mono synth, so this is the ideal sort of machine for someone

trying to learn how to program ring modulation or whatever...

and ukiro, I didn't know that fact about MFG either! interesting!