To the producers(or anyone else who knows)

Detector

That depends, actually.

Sometimes I think I've got the perfect name for a track and I know how I want the final track to sound and I work from there (to hopefully reach the goal).

But, I've written nameless tracks and then trying to find a suitable name for it.

For instance, I got all the names for the new album written down, and all I have to do now is to produce four more tracks for the names that are yet trackless.

Posted Image

no, really -

Posted Image

Eh ..? :blink:

Want a clue? You seem to need one. Detector cares, and that's probably why he asked the question in the first place. Don't be such a jerk - there's really no point.

But it was a cool picture. I'm saving it for future use :rolleyes:

Eh ..? :blink:

Want a clue? You seem to need one. Detector cares, and that's probably why he asked the question in the first place. Don't be such a jerk - there's really no point.

But it was a cool picture. I'm saving it for future use :rolleyes:

435887[/snapback]

there, there, calm down david'o -_-

to answer his question about track names we must know why do he cares ;)! did he explained? NO, he didnt, in that case : Posted Image

simple as that :lol:

ps - yes, keep that picture :D

Don't do that, it's allready overused here!!  :ph34r:

435917[/snapback]

quiet :ph34r:

for me its usually like this

I have a project name. Which is sorted by number/month/day so if I make 2 tracks today, it would be: 010208 and 020208. This is so I can keep track of what I did and when. Once the track is finished, I will name it. Naming is mostly spontaneous, or if it gives me a feeling of something, then it will be named after the feeling.

A track finished today would probably be called: Nervous Breakdown or Evicted and Convicted.

Generally, by the time a track is half-written it's pretty obvious what it needs to be called. Sometimes a track will be finished before a name turns up, and sometimes a track will have its name changed long after the fact. It works all ways.