Help and recommendations of music...

Phobius

Greetings, I would like some of your input on artists that have a certain style. A year ago I first laid my hands on "Talpa - The art of being non", that album flabberghasted me...I was in shock of how good it was. I'd never heard such beautifully melodic psy before. I hammered that album, I've listened to it more than I care to mention. I then set out to find more and found "Nystagmus - The Immaculate perception", and "Planum - Elaborate"...both brilliant albums with so much feist and flare. That was 6 months ago, I searched long and hard after I had auditioned both of these classics to death. Only a month ago I found something...grand! "The Misted Muppet - From the legend", I love that album to bits and have listened enough times to remember the whole thing. Once again I find myself on the brink of what I can imagine will be a long search before I turn up any new music of the sort. What can i say, i'm a sucker for melody. There's nothing more I love in music than the feeling induced by a perfect harmony with a wicked melody, i live for it. My question is obvious, can anyone recommend an artist, an album (prefferable not a compilation) that is in a similar melodic style?

Cheers.

Try the first three album from Infected Mushroom. ;)

There are some similar tracks on compilations from Sundance Records (the label that put out Talpa, Nystagmus, and Planum albums)

Also, a track by Intriga on the recent 'Lost in Forests' mp3 compilation is in that similar style.

I've listened to all the Infected Mushrooms, they're ok, but stylistically I think they're different. I mean this in the sense that IM and Talpa are much further apart than Nystagmus and Talpa. I'm still looking for the Intriga track.

Fractal Glider is not very melodic is it? It's got some simple, booming melodies but not like Talpa or Misted Muppet.

428479[/snapback]

the latest album is very melodic comparing to his older more dark releases

another guess:

synsun is very melodic too, but for me it's a bit to melodic chaotic

check it out, you have nothing to lose ;)

the latest album is very melodic comparing to his older more dark releases

another guess:

synsun is very melodic too, but for me it's a bit to melodic chaotic

check it out, you have nothing to lose  ;)

428762[/snapback]

Ok, my bad then. :)

I haven't heard the Misted Muppet album.

I found Talpa's album to be similar in many ways to the Derango album. Highly textural and layered, with an extreme psychedelic factor. Talpa, however, has more structure, in my opinion.

Have you tried the Finnish sound (PelinPala, et al.) and the Demon Tea label?

Can't agree with the Fractal Glider suggestion, although his first album was pretty good. It's in your face, but not nearly as psychedelic as Talpa.

There are some similar tracks on compilations from Sundance Records (the label that put out Talpa, Nystagmus, and Planum albums)

Also, a track by Intriga on the recent 'Lost in Forests' mp3 compilation is in that similar style.

426469[/snapback]

man, you should hear the very unofficial and truly east-helsinki sounding "aurinkokunta" release by intriga. was what I remember the best release of the whole year back then (2003) :) .

man, you should hear the very unofficial and truly east-helsinki sounding "aurinkokunta" release by intriga. was what I remember the best release of the whole year back then (2003) :) .

429724[/snapback]

where can I find it?

DARK SOHO!!!

the best out of all those "castlevania-psytrance" artists!  B) and yeah, misted muppet, talpa, infected mushroom, synsun, nystagmus, planum are starting their own subgenre there.

429756[/snapback]

He is right, listen to him...:D