My first psy that I dare to present

Dajek

I have recently finished the first version of a psy track. I have tried to make psy for years now, but the progress has been slow =/ This is my best effort at the moment, so please give it a listen. If some scene veterans (Like you, Ukiro ;) ) could give me some tips, it would be really appreciated. I'm not totally satisfied with the outcome, but it's a start...

Here's the link:

ghostwheel - create your own reality (demo)

As for the track - it should be general psychedelic trance, a bit melodic (at least tries to be) and a bit intense.... it jumps from 138 bpm to 149 bpm :rolleyes:

so... any feedback is welcome =)

thanks!

Hey Dajek-

Nice tune man. You're working with some cool melodies. I don't make psy so I can only offer advise that applies to my own compositional techniques. Anyway, I'd like to commend you on this being your first psy effort. Very impressive.

It sounds like you've got the effects down which seem to be the definitive in psy music. What I'd like to hear is a more frequent use of the stereo field. Play around with the 'sonic canvas' a little more to broaden/widen the sound as whole. Dynamically, the overall piece is somewhat thin. The kick, for example, has presence but doesn't have punch. A standard technique involving the addition of a little 80Hz will add a nice thump to the kick and reducing 40Hz will prevent overwhelming bass rumble. It doesn't have to be that exact formula. It's all about playing around with frequencies until you get the desired sound you want. Maybe increase the levels of the higher percussion to help maximize dynamic range also. This can add so much color to your music.

Anyway, good work man. I look forward to hearing more. :)

Hey mate!

Listening and reviewing.

Intro is very nice.Kick is little bit muddy.It has power but I thing that middle frequencies are too much....The same about bass.Nice rythm but I can't feel it....Fxs and seqs are very nice and clear.You have a lot of nice changes.I like the way you uptempo the beat.Track is really psy piece and I think that if you retouch bass and kick you will have a full on psy track.

Nice work man B)

Well, i have to say that i found your kickdrum original at first but when i changes at 2.35 it becomes too loud. The rest of the track is really NICE! The 1st part reminds me a bit Ka-sol's tracks, really ;) That old school touch really does it for me. I like your snares too.

Please correct your kickdrum and it'll be a more than good track!

i like this tune as well!

the kick is totally out of range tough.. i would select something totally different.. and less loud.. plus u have to raise the background fxs and "noises" the snares and the fxs are generally well made.. the pads need to be mastodontic dude! try to equalize the whoel track much higher excluding the kick.. then add a proper kick and u will a killer oldschool.. also raise the "ghostly voices" near the ned.. they need to be heard :)! the result will be a mixture of ka-sol with hallucinogen and some others!

• 2 months later...

apsolute avesome track, it sounds that you have a expensive gear, if you have a waves Ultramaximizer, for example Waves L1 Ultramaximizer reduze the out celling to -18 and the treshhold to -16, alzo reduze the basses, you know that tracks that are release on cd´s and so havn´t hard basses at all. Anyway you´ve mastered the track still fine but must work a bit on it, i know that the mastering is really hard and need much time but without mastering the track don´t sound professional. As a musician you rock bit time, really awesome tune, respect!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there.I'm new in production too and I know the feeling...hehe

I think intro is very dark (absolutely my taste) but your kick need improvement.It's little bit muddy.I like the way that you "play" with tempo and I think that the seqs and all the backrounds are nice and psy.

Hope you'll find the way for pleasure!!