Beat-Matching - 0.7% multiples

@sundrop

eh.. i dunno dude, mixing house into psytrance sets can work if it's in a club setting but if you pull that shit at a psy party, you might ruin the vibration. remember, psytrance isn't all about making people dance, it's about taking people on a journey through music.

this is why i say i do it at house parties

and dude, mixing ANYTHING is easy. on turntables or CD players, with math or by ear, House, Psytrance, DnB, Breaks, whatever. Beatmatching and mixing skills are prerequisites for DJing. If it's still hard for you, you need more practice, simple as that.

337213[/snapback]

hmm i disagree totally

but to each their own

hmm i disagree totally

but to each their own

337318[/snapback]

you disagree totally with what? :huh:

it gets easier with time. give it maybe 3-4 years of constant practice and playing out to become totally comfortable with the music, the equipment, and the crowd. your home crowd, that is.

and dude, mixing ANYTHING is easy. on turntables or CD players, with math or by ear, House, Psytrance, DnB, Breaks, whatever. Beatmatching and mixing skills are prerequisites for DJing. If it's still hard for you, you need more practice, simple as that.

337213[/snapback]

I disagree, it can be as difficult/easy as you want...

try mixing psytrance with 3 decks and 2 channels open 75% of the time and tell me again that mixing is easy,...

try mixing psytrance with 3 decks and 2 channels open 75% of the time and tell me again that mixing is easy,...

337520[/snapback]

Try picking 3 tracks that go with each other. :lol: Work hard, but work smart, come on.

337520[/snapback]

you can make ANYTHING difficult. Try brushing your teeth with your eyes closed, while standing on one leg, and singing in Italian.

and if you notice, this is a beginning-DJ thread, not 'how to trainwreck techno and still be cool' discussion. ;)

But I still believe a pro DJ wouldn't take long at all to find the speed of 2 songs.

I often find my ZERO under 16 step(zero being the beatmatch point) and by the 32-64 step im ready to move the slider up... that's between 1sec to 15sec and im starting to beatmatch one shot, i mean cueing and go mixing without testing it first, im beatmatching often both channel up. You always have to fine tune even the channel up!

The thing is with psytrance you can't do that. Simply because you have to be RIGHT on time in the sequence because of the cutdown. They're too much to make a mix last long enough without screwing a channel over a long breakdown. So basicly you have to mix trak less then 1 min and be "in times"

sorry, my english is not good enough to understand what you are saying,...

:unsure:

337697[/snapback]

I meant try picking 3 tracks that have some connection in their melodies/percussion/kicks... Picking the songs for a set could help a lot all the mixing that should be done, and I'm not talkin about making it easier simply, but making it more homenegeous, better-sounding and keeping the dance flowing on the floor.

Party up!

I meant try picking 3 tracks that have some connection in their melodies/percussion/kicks... Picking the songs for a set could help a lot all the mixing that should be done, and I'm not talkin about making it easier simply, but making it more homenegeous, better-sounding and keeping the dance flowing on the floor.

Party up!

337860[/snapback]

yes

but still

Full on has break down every ~30 second, you can't keep them long enough to be worth it.

Party up!

337860[/snapback]

I never said anything about 3 tracks together, I said 2 channels open most of the time and for this you will need 3 decks,

you can play 2 tracks together for a long time with morning full on and keep the dance flowing on the floor :

check out this older mix I made wich illustrates what I'm telling : cheezy commercial fullon

http://66.135.37.73/psyvideo.com/~dj/Lepton-plakkenkaas.mp3

@dmtree

offcourse you can make anything difficult but I has to be usefull, brushing your teeth while standing on one leg and ,.... is anything but usefull, while mixing with 3 decks and creating something new is what dj'ing is all about,...

but I'm getting offtopic now :D

@dmtree

offcourse you can make anything difficult but I has to be usefull, brushing your teeth while standing on one leg and ,.... is anything but usefull, while mixing with 3 decks and creating something new is what dj'ing is all about,...

but I'm getting offtopic now  :D

338009[/snapback]

funny this is coming from you - i understand you play mostly very psychedelic scandinavian stuff, i am sure you know it would sound horrible if even 2 derango tracks were to play together at the same time.

i once heard a high-energy full-on psy set played by 2 highly experienced DJs on 4 CD players, and it sounded awful. Really noisy, jarring, ear-splitting sounds, total chaos, no story to speak of, i had to run away. and everything was perfectly beatmatched, btw.

I used to DJ drum n bass years ago, so i learned how to drop and cut and fuck around with vinyl, but for me DJing psy isn't so much about mixing tricks, more about the journey and seamless transitions. i don't know, maybe with minimal prog and full-on all the techno tricks could be useful. Not really holding my breath to hear that one, though. ;)

1)i am sure you know it would sound horrible if even 2 derango tracks were to play together at the same time.

2)for me DJing psy isn't so much about mixing tricks, more about the journey and seamless transitions. i don't know, maybe with minimal prog and full-on all the techno tricks could be useful.

338612[/snapback]

1) true

2) also true, you are right that's what it is all about otherwise I would be spinning techno.

:)