PSYTRANCE ONLINE COMMERCIAL SITES

1) Supposing you have already made more than 3 orders to few psytrance shops, how would you rank them ?

2) Did you know some problems with the delivery of your CDs after having paid by credit card number, or did you know strange transactions on your credit card since then ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Can't say yet.

2) I personally ordered from Psyshop.com once (8 CDs by C.O.D) and didn't get any major problem ... just took 2 weeks to be sent but I don't consider that as a real problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm hesitating to give my credit card number, as I'm not sure that could not cause some problems with it and that the CDs will 100% be sent.

What are your experiences about all this ?

Guest dam10n

I've not had any strange transactions, but as the web interface goes psyshop really infuriated me. They refused my details about eight times saying the card was invalid, and it turned out that the reason was that they were out of stock with one of the items. Took about six days for a three word email ("Try it again") came back, they got no phone number to speak to a real person either (which is always good advice for buying online.)

Chaos Unlimited however I've used since probably 1996-7, some offline some online, and you can always talk to a real person. Tell them you need the tunes to play at a party on a certain date, and they'll work out a way to get the stuff to you by that date, whatever it takes.

I wouldnt use psyshop again - well I might - but Chaos get my recommendation. That said I never used saiko but everything I've heard from them has been top tippety top.

Guest RumZ

I would be with Dam10n on the choas-tip, Chaos are really friendly and nice to chat to.. you not an "entity with money" to them , you do infact appear to be a real person.

Credit card stuff has never been a problem with them, However transient is another story.. they have been a little awkward.

RumZ

only problems i've ever had were at psyshop (rude), replay (fucking expensive), platenkoning (great old tunes but they're in @!#$ condition some of the time - many ruined unplayable records bought from there), and discontaminated (records were in such horrible condition that they were unplayable, no refund could be negotiated - those guys were true thieves).

saiko, chaus-un, chaos-ex, and throb all get good marks from me. no troubles with those guys.

Guest phaeton

psyshop sent me two wrong records once, so i emailed them back in a most friendly way how we could fix it but i didn't get a reply ... then after another week or so i mailed them again in a bit less friendly and more serious tone, and they still wouldn't give me a reply .. they never responded to my mails, not even an excuse for not sending me the records i ordered, let alone a way to fix it, so i decided to never order from them again ...

chaosunlimited is indeed a lot more 'human' and offer a great service, and they sometimes have some real bargain items too .. don't have any experiences with any other online order services, but i'd definitely recommend chaosunlimited over psyshop any day ..

Guest psygroove

I already ordered 5 times via Credit Card, delivery took never more then 3 days and I did not get any problems concerning the credit card.... I am from Germany though, I think it takes longer to other countries, especially abroad...

Guest Gorgonator

Chaosunlimited.co.uk and saikosounds.com are both 100% when it comes to ordering online, but if I had to choose I would give saikosounds the edge simply because they are the cheapest. Even thou they are in hong kong a 2 cd order with shipping still comes in at under £10.00 each and we are talking about the latest releases as well, every time I have ordered with them my discs have arrived within 4 days, hows that. ( Infact I have ordered 6 cd's from them in one consignment and always they average out at under £10.00 each )

I am sure some of you will be surprised by this, I am especially as I live in the U.K, but please I am not knocking chaos simply stating facts.

Moving onto to psyshop.com I have found them O.K but they are very robotic in there approach to ordering and on one occassion I accidentally ordered 2 copies of the same disc and when I mailed them about this almost straight away they said " TUFF ".

If you live in the U.S trancetrax.com are very good, I have used them a couple of times but the shipping to the U.K really bumps the price up so I only use them when I can't find a cd elsewhere.

Another good online shop is recordstore.co.uk owned by transient records.

Before I go here are two to avoid without question :-

1. loudmusic.dk

2. chaishop.com

Why you ask ?

In a nutshell they both list cd's that they clearly do not have and cannot possibly get, I tried to order maybe 6 or 7 cd's from loudmusic and they informed me that only half were available, im still waiting and that was six months ago.

The fact of the matter is if a cd is not available it shoud say so or be removed from the site until it becomes available, no excuses if the likes of chaos, saikosounds, psyshop etc can do this so can everyone else.

Bom !

Guest lurk

Chaos Unlimited have dropped their prices recently, so most of their CD's are under 10 quid now... they're just as cheap as Pieshop and the certainly know the meaning of the word service, and they're all top people as well... I've been ordering with them since '97 and I've never had to complain once :-)

Guest Gorgonator

Chaos unlimited have dropped most of there new releases to £9.99, however the most you will pay from saikosounds is £8.20 and they regularly have special offers on new releases which are even cheaper.

Bom !

the only web shop i've ordered from is psyshop, about 5 or more times now, always using the c.o.d payment method. i've never had any problems with them at all, and the cd's have always come in just a few days.. so, until i have problems with them, i'll use them for all my online purchases.

Guest Inpsyde Media

I've ordered several times from Psyshop without any problems.. I've used credit card.

Saiko is Ok but the delivery is a bit too long....

I'll try CHAOSUNLIMITED as they're really friendly...

*** attention *** soon a new GLOBAL web mailorder will be online :

WIRIKUTA distribution, the best psy distributor worldwide !!

www.wirikuta.at

stay tuned !

Guest Peaceful Warrior

Well I have used Psyshop, Saikosounds, and Trancetrax various times and I have never had a problem with any one of them. Saikosounds has really good prices even if you live in a country far from Hong Kong, but the delivery time is the longest of the three (at least to the U.S.), 2-4 weeks has been my experience. Psyshop also has good prices, usually around 11 or 12 u.s. dollars. My orders from them have taken on average 11-12 days to get to me. Trancetrax.com is my favorite. Their prices aren't quite as cheap but their service is excellent and the stuff gets to me in like 5 days (since I live in the U.S.). I have been quite happy with all my orders from them. All three of them I use regularly and I have never had problems with them. Maybey I just got lucky. But I will continue to order from all three of them.

I've ordered from psyshop maybe 6 times, never had any problems. Rolf has always answered my e-mails in timely manner. Thumbs up for 'em. recordstore.co.uk gets my deepest recommendations as well, very nice and fast. Loudmusic.dk charges exorbitant amounts of moolah for shipping, and they are slow as hell. cdon.com is slow but reliable. I've always paid in advance with a VISA-card, and have never had any real problems.

i've ordered from saikosounds, psyshop and chaos unlimited several times, allways using credit card. i never had any problems, nor with the card nor with the delivery or the goods. but my favourite is chaos because they are really very friendly and they also send some free goodies like sticker, flyers or poster with every order.

Guest fuzzhead

Ive ordered from choas unlimited a couple times, everytime I order from them in, the order arrives in a week! the prices are low too. the best thing is though i dont even use their online ordering service!! you can just use email, thats how friendly they are... awesome service!

I have used a few online shops in Canada, and they were okay. Then I tried Saiko, and I only order from them. I haven't tried anyone else, because I have had no problems. Prices are good, selection is good, delivery time has been good too (some people say they take longer, but I think it depends on where you live). There was one time they sent me the wrong CD, and when I asked them about it, they just let me keep the wrong one and sent the other one no charge. I thought that was very cool.

Guest David

I'm really not trying to sway anyone from one shop to another, especially ours...

However, please do consider what the ramifications will be if everyone supports just one operation. Competition is healthy and if you create a monopoly the global scene will suffer greatly in the end. Price, selection, service and delivery times are all important, but remember to support your local scene both on a regional level and national level. If you let price determine you future sources alone, you will lose out.

- David

UMP

www.umprod.com

Guest PsiLoCyBe

I've ordered from Psyshop twice ... both times around 15 Cd's - Both Times teher were no problems ... I mailed them to confirm and I got a friendly mail back from them. Purchase by CC.

I just ordered from Saikosounds as I am in Taiwan. I mailed them when I got no confirmation of order and I waited and never got a reply from them .. I mailed them a third time and it seems I just never recieved the order confimation mail. Miho handled the situation well and told me which stock was not available and suggested another similiar item. That was yesterday ... I still await another mail to confirm the order again ...