A Kick question...

in some psytrance tracks. in the beginning after the intro ends and the bassline introduced, the first kick has kind of a whipping sound.. my question is how do i make it. do i need some kind of a sample? if thats the case which?

im using cubase, reason 3 and reaktor 5

thenx in advence =D

in some psytrance tracks. in the beginning after the intro ends and the bassline introduced, the first kick has kind of a whipping sound.. my question is how do i make it. do i need some kind of a sample? if thats the case which?

im using cubase, reason 3 and reaktor 5

thenx in advence =D

325061[/snapback]

...have you tried reversing the kick sound?

no.... how do i do that in reason??

325066[/snapback]

im not sure to be honest. but you could do it a noob way, by opening the kick wav you have in a program like cool edit or something as noobish, and reversing it, and then saving it. it gives it that whoop sound i think you are talking about.

im not sure to be honest. but you could do it a noob way, by opening the kick wav you have in a program like cool edit or something as noobish, and reversing it, and then saving it. it gives it that whoop sound i think you are talking about.

325072[/snapback]

This is exactly the way. Simply reverse it :D In Reason you will have to make a new file. In Cubase you can just right click the wav and tell it to reverse the file. Simple!

One thing that might be a good idea is to: 1. take your kick into a wave editor, 2. Add some reverb to it so it has a longer tail, 3. Now reverse it!

You will notice that it has much more of a "whip" to the sound.

But yes, this is used a lot :( But it's good every now and then

good luck ;)