Infected Mushroom single - Streched (19 september)

Shpångul

No, its my first account, but some fucker namned "MattMan" on this forum got sick in the head and changed the password (yeah strange) but he created the account for me since my hotmail is fucked up!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet they are out of inspiration.

322349[/snapback]

Maybe they don't WANT to make psy and like their old style? I can't tell of course but I wouldn't be surprised by that.

323973[/snapback]

No hating really, just dissapointed with their current direction... I mean, when a great group suddenly change from deep psy to another format that is more general and accessible, it is going to really dissapoint a lot of fans.

Do you really feel the need to defend them?  They are obviously happy with where they are in the music industry, and if they feel no need to defend themselves, then maybe you shouldn't get so upset :D 

I for one think if this is the direction they want to go it is great, but yes, I find it dissapointing and am extremely reluctant to buy their music, let alone see them live... that is my choice :D  Just because you still think they are nume one in the scene does not mean we all do :D

335557[/snapback]

I read over 10 interviews with IM and they said they didn't produce "Psychedelic trance". They called themselves music producers, musicians. Those interviews date from 2000 to 2004. As for their goal they wanted to create a unique style for every album they release, pushing music forward. They wanted to be known as great duo, not a great "psytrance" or "electronic music" act. They don't want to be labeled for one style.

Infected Mushroom have the skills, the experience, the knowledge AND the courage to - I wouldn't say improve - change their productions from one style to another. And I must admit they have been successful with all albums. In the beginning they were the symbol of psychedelic trance - you all have compliments for those old-school albums - perhaps some very interesting goa-sounding trance as well. With "I'm the Supervisor" they attracted another different crowd with tracks every new-psy-listener knows - Cities of the Future, Supervisor, Muse Breaks, etc -. The new IM could have created a new crowd. They brought to the "trance scene" people who never listened to Psytrance even if you guys are claiming they don't play psytrance anymore. I experienced this. At least in Brazil that's how it goes.

I admire IM for many reasons. When older fans (or ex-fans!) were criticizing them on their website's forum for moving to Los Angeles, calling them sell-outs they answered they couldn't be blamed for wanting to improve their music, living closer to the biggest music consumer market in the world to produce with the best musicians in the world.

What power is that people have to judge musicians and call them sell outs because they want to test their music and get approval from all kinds of listeners? I'd be glad if I released 10 albums and I got 10 different crowds approval... But hey, that's just me ;)

PS: Yes, the singing @ Sonica was a complete pile of shit. Out of tune, bad voice style - didn't fit the songs -, and exagerated repeating "I Wish"'s words for like.. 10 loops. But it's the live act that really seems to have some live aspects to me because of the live synths/melody and improvising. If it wasn't for the vocals and the excessive guitar I'd give it a A+. Beautiful. And no, I wasn't on any drugs. :lol:

it was more than obvious he was talking to sundrop.

336007[/snapback]

Don't be a hater!!! :lol:

And I'd like to add another thing: I'd be very excited to listen to an album produced by psytrance acts and with some hip-hop scratching DJ artist.

I'm a music fan and I'd like to see pro musicians get some James Brown or Aretha Franklin grooves added to 2Pac, Eminem and Infected Mushroom or Infected Mushroom. Not sure if it could sound good, but hey, wouldn't you guys at least want to listen to it.. just out of curiosity?

I read over 10 interviews with IM and they said they didn't produce "Psychedelic trance". They called themselves music producers, musicians. Those interviews date from 2000 to 2004.  As for their goal they wanted to create a unique style for every album they release, pushing music forward. They wanted to be known as great duo, not a great "psytrance" or "electronic music" act. They don't want to be labeled for one style.

Infected Mushroom have the skills, the experience, the knowledge AND the courage to - I wouldn't say improve - change their productions from one style to another. And I must admit they have been successful with all albums. In the beginning they were the symbol of psychedelic trance - you all have compliments for those old-school albums - perhaps some very interesting goa-sounding trance as well. With "I'm the Supervisor" they attracted another different crowd with tracks every new-psy-listener knows - Cities of the Future, Supervisor, Muse Breaks, etc -. The new IM could have created a new crowd. They brought to the "trance scene" people who never listened to Psytrance even if you guys are claiming they don't play psytrance anymore. I experienced this. At least in Brazil that's how it goes.

I admire IM for many reasons. When older fans (or ex-fans!) were criticizing them on their website's forum for moving to Los Angeles, calling them sell-outs they answered they couldn't be blamed for wanting to improve their music, living closer to the biggest music consumer market in the world to produce with the best musicians in the world.

What power is that people have to judge musicians and call them sell outs because they want to test their music and get approval from all kinds of listeners? I'd be glad if I released 10 albums and I got 10 different crowds approval... But hey, that's just me ;)

PS: Yes, the singing @ Sonica was a complete pile of shit. Out of tune, bad voice style - didn't fit the songs -, and exagerated repeating "I Wish"'s words for like.. 10 loops. But it's the live act that really seems to have some live aspects to me because of the live synths/melody and improvising. If it wasn't for the vocals and the excessive guitar I'd give it a A+. Beautiful. And no, I wasn't on any drugs.  :lol:

Don't be a hater!!!  :lol:

And I'd like to add another thing: I'd be very excited to listen to an album produced by psytrance acts and with some hip-hop scratching DJ artist.

I'm a music fan and I'd like to see pro musicians get some James Brown or Aretha Franklin grooves added to 2Pac, Eminem and Infected Mushroom or Infected Mushroom. Not sure if it could sound good, but hey, wouldn't you guys at least want to listen to it.. just out of curiosity?

One of the best posts on this topic ;)

I read over 10 interviews with IM and they said they didn't produce "Psychedelic trance". They called themselves music producers, musicians. Those interviews date from 2000 to 2004.  As for their goal they wanted to create a unique style for every album they release, pushing music forward. They wanted to be known as great duo, not a great "psytrance" or "electronic music" act. They don't want to be labeled for one style.

PS: Yes, the singing @ Sonica was a complete pile of shit. Out of tune, bad voice style - didn't fit the songs -, and exagerated repeating "I Wish"'s words for like.. 10 loops. But it's the live act that really seems to have some live aspects to me because of the live synths/melody and improvising. If it wasn't for the vocals and the excessive guitar I'd give it a A+. Beautiful. And no, I wasn't on any drugs.  :lol:

Don't be a hater!!!  :lol:

337469[/snapback]

intresting post...really good thougths.

the singing was indeed not something i expected to hear, even though i saw them earlier on a festival in sweden. then they also had the singing but there i can say it was okay. the festival is an festival with a lot of synth but also popmusic and i thougth this was a nice way to get some people who wouldnt like the music i normal cases but they gave the singing a shot to reach a wider crowd. but when i went to sonica i first thought they wouldnt play the next into exactly same set, but they did and i once againt didnt feel disappointed. but i thougth they had reconsiderd the singing, why? because of the festivalstyle, sonica was not a synth/pop/mainstream festival, its a pure psyfestival and then the set would been better without the singing.

else i think you have really good thougth there. :D

note: will read though this later...now im not in condition to spell correctly.

Do you guys know the name of one of their tracks - I believe it's unreleased, or sort of 'new', they played it at Sonica - ...

It has a nice melody.. with lyrics.. Erez sang it (ouch!).. I only remember one word.. and it is.. "reeeeeeeeeeeason..."

I'd like to get this track. If anyone knows the name.. give a shout.

Edited by thebadtrip

Now... it's out. I wonder, should I buy it? Considering it's the only good track off Supervisor, this single could replace the album in my collection. Hm.

EDIT: Actually it isn't out yet, but it's listen on the BNE shop anyway.