Maximal vs Minimal

Ormion

full on is maximal in bassline

old skool is maximal in melodie

311321[/snapback]

to your 2. statement, yes true :)

to your 1. statement, this is not true at all! Full On's the bassline is far from maximal... you know that after you've listened to gabber and drum'n'bass... the difference is like day and night I say. :)

Just tru f.ex. 'promo' or 'ophidian' then come again and tell me how killa the bassline in full on is :D

okay okay, defence rests

:)

to your 2. statement, yes true :)

to your 1. statement, this is not true at all! Full On's the bassline is far from maximal... you know that after you've listened to gabber and drum'n'bass... the difference is like day and night I say. :)

Just tru f.ex. 'promo' or 'ophidian' then come again and tell me how killa the bassline in full on is :D

okay okay, defence rests

:)

311375[/snapback]

well I was considering maximal in the concept of goa and not all music...

within the psychedelic trance concept fullon has got the strongest basslines so that's why I say 'maximal in bassline' ;)

okaaay ... if you define MOS as minimal then my vote clearly goes to minimal - because even MOS sound quite maximal to me at times...

Mmmh ... actually something in between is okay too ... maybe even some maximal at times for special high energy moments ... but overall seen I'm more on the minimal side ;)

310327[/snapback]

Not all MOS stuff is minimal, but their album "Meter" is pretty much. Very techy stuff.

I agree with those who think that "maximal" or "minimal" is determined by the number of layers used. In maximal music, more stuff is happening in the same time, whereas minimal is focused on a certain groove, and a more effective use of sounds.