Astral Projection new album

shaman of sound

hi all!

at last we have some new about astral projection new album!!

its going to be released in early 2006, and its name will be Open Society.

there is a short sample of the new track in thier website:

www.astral-projectio.com

hi all!

at last we have some new about astral projection new album!!

its going to be released in early 2006, and its name will be Open Society.

there is a short sample of the new track in thier website:

www.astral-projectio.com

279981[/snapback]

Firstly, wrong forum.

Secondly, wrong website.

Thirdly, have a nice day. :)

Firstly, wrong forum.

Secondly, wrong website.

Thirdly, have a nice day.  :)

280006[/snapback]

wrong forum- yes.. i have noticed- the modiators will take care of that..

wrong website- wtf?!

have a eautiful day

Early... 2006!? Earlier!  :(

280067[/snapback]

yes i thought it would be released earlier, cause i saw andvertisment about a launch party of the album in august in Belgium, so i thought the album would be ready by that time.....

But its so typical for astral to talk about a date of the release... and its finnaly released a year after...

oh well,

we will just have to wait :)

Guest al3xandar

wrong forum- yes.. i have noticed- the modiators will take care of that..

wrong website- wtf?!

have a eautiful day

280038[/snapback]

what are modiators?

I hope the moderators will take care of that ;)

Guest .::E.P

No expectations what so ever from here. It's going to be a 145 BPM cheese-fest spiced up with samples about Krishna and spirituality. Beh.

280511[/snapback]

I had a long talk with Lior when we played at the same party in Denmark a few weeks back. And he's very frustarted.. he feel that he simply dont like his own music anymore and that it's one bir repetition but because he's so dependant on the income from Astral Projection he is worried that if they change too much it will all fall to the gound. I can see his point but as I told him I think it's time for them to do something else or make brand new projects where they can experiment. So we'll see.. We are talking about remixing eachother stuff soon.. so maybe there will be something new going on :)

No expectations what so ever from here. It's going to be a 145 BPM cheese-fest spiced up with samples about Krishna and spirituality. Beh.

280511[/snapback]

I had a long talk with Lior when we played at the same party in Denmark a few weeks back. And he's very frustarted.. he feel that he simply dont like his own music anymore and that it's one bir repetition but because he's so dependant on the income from Astral Projection he is worried that if they change too much it will all fall to the gound.

now that's VERY odd... if AP still made stuff like they did before In the Mix then I'd be happy. IMO what went wrong is that they HAVE changed... I bet the new album will have a full-on bassline and that is NOT what AP was all about. AP was all about heart-warming melodies :)

Yep Kris raised a very valid point there. I'd definetely be frustrated from the situation. But i think that being frustrated won't get them further. So as suiting their unique music to current patterns and templates. They should at least try to re-invent themselves. It is ridiculous in some way to see the once leaders of the scene adapting themselves to kids that were raised on their music. There are lots of pioneer artists that keep pushing the boundaries and continue releasing new and fresh music. And to evolve as well. Artists such as X-Dream, Kox Box/Saikopod, Simon Posford and Nick Doof (now as part of Vatos Locos and his ambient side projects) still have a loyal crowd.

Yep Kris raised a very valid point there. I'd definetely be frustrated from the situation. But i think that being frustrated won't get them further. So as suiting their unique music to current patterns and templates. They should at least try to re-invent themselves. It is ridiculous in some way to see the once leaders of the scene adapting themselves to kids that were raised on their music. There are lots of pioneer artists that keep pushing the boundaries and continue releasing new and fresh music. And to evolve as well. Artists such as X-Dream, Kox Box/Saikopod, Simon Posford and Nick Doof (now as part of Vatos Locos and his ambient side projects) still have a loyal crowd.

280690[/snapback]

Agree in 100%

i think that they had an attampt to re-invest themselves in the album Amen.

i think that in the mix was a kind of attampt to summerize what they did so far and that they are up to a new style. Amen is a kind of a unique album. on the one hand its not pure goa trance like trust in trance and dancing galaxy (best astral albums for me) but on the other hand you just cant say its full on. it has the melodies, it has the rythem, but its just not it.

TEN was a very big dissapointment for me. i liked only 3 remixes (chaos, visions of nassca,Mahadeva). i thought better artists would do those remixes, but what we got is Israeli full on artists that we all love to hate.....

i just dont have a clue how Open Society will be. sience amen astral had alot of time to work on new materials, but then again, what will be thier direction?

its aint going to be thier good old style, thats for sure, it could be an Amen style album, or sothing else..... or (please dont make it!!!) full on

only time ca tell

Amen was a nice album. Not their best but far from as bad as the pathetic remixes album.

Chaos is a classic AP track

280730[/snapback]

Word! I have high hopes of the new album to be honest - perhaps they will perfect the style we saw on Amen? :)

Amen was a nice album. Not their best but far from as bad as the pathetic remixes album.

Chaos is a classic AP track

280730[/snapback]

Amen is a great album, and far far away from TEN,

chaos is a very nice track, but i cant call it a classic AP track,

i dont see any other track that sounds like it (i mean not in amen).