V/A - Hammering at the gates of soul

RAH

Yup it's out and it's rocking

Songs:

01. Terminator - KFSBK On Submarine (148 BPM's)

02. Seroxat - Communication Breakdown RMX (146 BPM's)

03. Equilibrium - Ex-Er-Sis (147)

04. N3XU5 Vs. Darkpsy - No Network (147 BPM's)

05. M.W.S. - In Malo Veritas (145)

06. Freaking - Depravation Chambers (144 BPM's)

07. Big Noise - Power Ride (148 BPM's)

08. Cyberplanet - Wasabi (148 BPM's)

09. Exited - Lirik On Outer Space (146 BPM's)

10. Derango - Boomorgon Remix (150 BPM's)

A great assortment of ingenious acts on the bleeding edge of musical coherence with mere cacophony.

My Highlights :

* Terminator – KFSBK on Submarine

It did not take the whole track to terminate me, but it came close. The kick on the song comes with the typical hard-core timbre with a tail of 148 BPM's. It feels like a human heart drifting back and forth. If you ask me, is too much over 8 minutes, where is a break when you need one? Everything seems fine except, the quasi-Michael Jackson sample woo-hoo-ing now and again. There is a love-hate relationship with me. Might be a deadly song if you don’t know what you are getting yourself into.

* Freaking – Depravation Chamber

The new Russian full-on managess to build another layer on top of the incessant drum work, floating above at a different rate, from the banging with pure psychedelic ear candy. Freaking displays enjoyable and quirky samples with traces of progressive, on top a kick and bass that you know are just full on. Complex music designed to be heard from the other side of... the pond.

* Cyberplanet – Wasabi

Funky sound on with a standard bass line and congas echoing on the kick, along synth lines reminiscent of an electricity discharge. There is this magical melody somewhere by the end I can only associate with some sort of wooden xylophone, of probable Asian descent. Interesting syncopated break by the middle picking up the pace by the end; after all Wasabi does stop stinging for a minute or after you tasted it long enough.The green spread only gets spicier as the timeline runs its course.

* Derango - Boomorgon Remix

Jens Eriksson and Ola Eriksson’s sound remains eerie and twisted, but never dispersed nor spotty. The synth effects are original, there is still a melody there somewhere and the tweaking of the voice samples are a delight. It’s the Örebro sound we have come to expect.

EDit:

this post has modified to comply with moderator's request

I demand a Derango Album. One of the biggest surprises in Psy IMO. Dark, but very original and very twisted. Loving "Boomorgon"

The rest on this album, is not bad either, the samples sound just great :)

264184[/snapback]

im extremely happy with 06. Freaking - Depravation Chambers (144 BPM's)

and 07. Cyberplanet - Wasabi (148 BPM's) some others (i.e: M.W.S. - In Malo Veritas (145) i can live without

• 1 month later...

Well this is a CD of dark, pumping psy trance. Nothing cutting edge, but the Saiko samples were interesting enough for me to purchase.

Like RAH, I really liked track (6). However, I also really enjoyed tacks (3), (8) and and (10) (note: I usually do not like Derango).

However, I was less keen on track (7). The first two tracks were merely 'okay'.

Pedro

listened through this again, nothing really special imo, except the 1st and last song...

listened through this again, nothing really special imo, except the 1st and last song...

283839[/snapback]

well go through it again and put attention when you are going through freaking and cyberplanet and derango :P imo these three in particular have a fresh taste, but it could be me.. hehe