New "oldschool"

Halosian

Thanks for your comments. I'm beginning to wondering if it's all about a matter of taste. I will check out the sync a bit more and I know that all sounds aren't 100% mixed properly together but it simply can't be as bad as what you are saying, can it?

I like it pretty much the way it is already. And I like it a lot too.

Well, I'll upload a new version as soon as I have had the time to fix the sync issue.

306237[/snapback]

hi Halosian , it looks like u still have that problem...

since ive listened back yer 1st demos uve always had been that sync problem... and u didnt believed me. :rolleyes:

ive been listening to highpass fixer but the bass doesnt let me hear all the other stuff , the bassline is always sliding and it doesnt play any note , the bassline covers all the other frequencies so i cant listen to the other stuff properly. yer leads are out of sync i cant listen anything properly. Halosian you´d better check always your mixes before publishing it... :unsure:

this looks more a russian salad :P

you´re having some trouble with yer gear... so try to see whats the problem.

cheers.

It IS very unsynced still. Something is very fucked up with the midi timing in that studio... No point in reviewing it in other aspects until that issue has been addressed.

I think it's no sync issue problem anylonger. I have had friends helping me with that. Maybe perhaphs it's only some quantize settings... No one of us experienced any noticable glitches anylonger. Maybe there are if you listen very carefully. I will give it more time. It will be solved, no problem.

I know you mean nothing bad Lost Buddha but sometimes you have a very disrespectful and childish way expressing yourself (I remember one time, for example, when you contacted Fredrik/Ethereal via ICQ and asked him "if he was the fat one". I told you to appologize to him). And at that time none of us understood that it was a sync issue problem. You only said it sounded strange in a certain way. So you can't say I didn't believe you because you simply didn't say so. And you have only heard teasers so don't say anything about not going back and play my own song. Highpass Fixer, which might be the one you refer to when saying not playing my own song, is a free giveaway song so don't take it so damn seriously. Whenever it might be published it will be re-edited. You just gave away a free song of your own and got some critics about it which you dismissed by saying it was unreleased and nothing special so you should easily be able to relate to my situation. You and I have a totally different taste in Goa music. We already discussed that matter a long time ago. Oh well, forgett about it already... It just had to be said.

Goa, which you all seem to love so much is still about love, peace and understanding?

I think it's no sync issue problem anylonger. I have had friends helping me with that. Maybe perhaphs it's only some quantize settings... No one of us experienced any noticable glitches anylonger. Maybe there are if you listen very carefully. I will give it more time. It will be solved, no problem.

325476[/snapback]

Yeah, some note that should be on a 1/16 grid seem to be about 1/64 off - so it could indeed be quantization. But don't you agree that some stuff in the track sound glitchy and rhythmically "wrong"? I think it's very obvious.

Perhaps, and maybe that is the quantization aswell. I will look into it. I don't however think it's so obvious so it's such a big problem that it's unlistenable. If this version was pressed then I could understand what all the fuss was all about. But I understand you want to point it out in this early stage.

Perhaps, and maybe that is the quantization aswell. I will look into it. I don't however think it's so obvious so it's such a big problem that it's unlistenable. If this version was pressed then I could understand what all the fuss was all about. But I understand you want to point it out in this early stage.

325524[/snapback]

I find it peculiar that you aren't more concerned about this - For me the timing and "thightness" of the track feels totally ruined because of those glitchy notes, and this also destroys the entire flow and atmosphere. I think it's a very serious flaw. Every single millisecond matters in this type of music - try moving the bassline of a track back or forth a few milliseconds and notice how the percieved speed of the track changes greatly - it is CRUCIALLY important to have the timing right.

I know. And you're right. Thanks for your concern. I promise to solve this issue. I just wish people could be more constructive in their critisism.

325540[/snapback]

Rest assured that I will go over the other aspects of the track once this issue has been resolved =) Since I dabble in production myself and also DJ, I'd like to think that I can give fairly useful feedback. But as I stated before, I think it's pointless to do that until the track is in better shape technically.

I know that too Ukiro, and I appreciate and highly value your feedback because of that. Perhaps I know even more about you then you think :) I can't remember though, if I remembered to send you a copy of my demo 1997 which you did the artwork for?

Thanks Anoebis. I have some snippets/info at my website http://www.halosian.tk. I was about to contact you later, but as you said, and as I know, my stuff needs a bit more polishing and so therefor the teasers on my website are for the moment only to show their potential (and therefor the time was never right for me to contact you). Anyway, feel free to contact me.

• 3 months later...

it seems as if there were 2 tracks running - the bassline and the rest, apart from that sound cool  B)

402555[/snapback]

:) Good then, then it's not "completely" perfect since it's still unreleased and wants to be released to become perfect ;)