Y.S.E.

Ale

14 members have voted

1. 1. Y.S.E.

• awesome label with awesome tracks
    • average label with average tracks
    • crap label with crap track

A lot has been said about YSE/Millennium Records. Calling their compilations “goa this and that” is certainly a marketing gimmick, but on the other hand they sell massive numbers (compared to other labels) and the tracks they license provide an income for the other labels out there.

Also, despite the corny titles, some of their “hit-releases” are quite good – there’s a lot of value for the money, and sometimes you can get lucky and buy a compilation with a lot of good tracks, where you perhaps should have bought 3-4 ordinary albums or compilations to get the same amount of high quality tracks.

That said, they have also released some quite good albums like Sonic Cubes “Sonic Cube”, Andromedas “Temptations” and Peter Guns “Pressure Point”.

they release a fuck load of cds... most is crap imo... but there are some gems... some compilations are quite good, and some artists cds too (peter gun and sonic cube as profane mentioned)..

definitely the kind of label you should listen before you buy, but as I said, occasionally you find some good stuff

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I agree with Profane about the license thing, as they take tracks from big, well established or even underground label, they help a bit everybody.

Personally, i only bought the Blue Vprtex's album from Yse.

There's something else interesting, generally this kind of compilation are pretty well distributed, i'm speaking for France, here it's very difficult to buy psytrance/goa stuffs in a traditionnal offline musicstore , but you were* always finding the yse released .

*i'm using past as their french distributor M10 unfotunatly go bankrupt :(

There's a need for this kind of label to exist but I think their compiling skills leave much to be desired. I only own two YSE releases out of what, 70? Very little of their output comes across as 'quality' to me. Discerning collectors buy the goods from the original labels in most instances, although for some tastes you may run into one of their ill-named "Goa" compils with a good selection of tracks. My problem is simply that I own the originals the better tracks are taken from in nearly every instance, reducing the value of the purchase significantly. It doesn't help that they've been mooching a ton off of Midijum recently, which is a label that has really gone downhill last year (again, imho).

the main thing has been said so far I think, the compilations are not really intended for people really busy with trance

but I have to say I like most of their albums, Blue Vortex, Soul Surfers, Herbal Essence, very nice stuff imo

I'm not that kinda label guy but I also like soul surfer and blue vortex a lot so :) ...

still blue vortex isn't anymore and they release under the name 'rumble pack' I believe ??? :unsure: ...

the tracks that I've heard from them are not my style...

I liked blue vortex before... but don't know if it's still the same label ??? :unsure: