Possibly the best track ever

Cinos

hmm, i usually watch several a week, so a "movies i like" list would be several hundred long.

some favs:

clockwork orange

dr strangelove

req for a dream

braveheart

rob roy

waking life

before sunrise

lotr trilogy

butch cassidy & sundance kid

heat

terminator 1

predator

pi

alien

royal tenenbaums

platoon

princess bride

godfather

evil dead

airplane

those are just a few off the top of my head =)

-ensign

229410[/snapback]

And what exactly was wrong with the Matrix (3)? (I'm getting to the point... :ph34r: )

I`ll try to find and listen to this track.

I haven`t seen Clockwork Orange, but I know the "Orange Theme" - as a  cover,  Fruity Loops version, and it`s wonderful.

229403[/snapback]

Doh, the "Orange Theme" released by Cygnus X is probably one of the worst trance tunes ever. Funny really, because most of Cygnus X' other work was top quality.

And what exactly was wrong with the Matrix (3)? (I'm getting to the point... :ph34r: )

229437[/snapback]

terrible acting. terrible dialogue. convoluted plot. retarded ending. that scene where the black dude is shooting down those things that are penetrating their city... the entire time he is screaming "GNaaaaaaa!!!! Rrrraaaah!!! AhhHH!!!!!!"

special effects do not a great movie make.

i'm not saying i didn't enjoy it at all. i'm just saying it was a PIECE OF SHIT movie =) if you want to go percentages, i'd guestimate that 99% of people who saw all three feel that the second two movies should not have been made, as they have done nothing but taint the original.

-ensign

i'm not saying i didn't enjoy it at all.  i'm just saying it was a PIECE OF SHIT movie =)  if you want to go percentages, i'd guestimate that 99% of people who saw all three feel that the second two movies should not have been made, as they have done nothing but taint the original.

-ensign

229443[/snapback]

I feel the same. The first one was really outstanding in all ways, the story very original, twisted and so true...

The other two totally ruined the Matrix experience for me, such a pitty since this story could have been the greatest ever.

Doh, the "Orange Theme" released by Cygnus X is probably one of the worst trance tunes ever. Funny really, because most of Cygnus X' other work was top quality.

229442[/snapback]

The original of "Orange Theme" is one of the best trance tracks ever made I think, but all the remixes that has been popping up the last few years are horrible.

(The original is on VA - Behind the Eye 2)

clockwork orange is definitly one of the coolest films, my personal favorite...

as for matrix 3...that's definitly not better than 99% or 80% or even 70% of the movies out there. Yes, it has incredible effects, but that's it. The first one was incredible because they brought a whole new idea of bullet time to the mass, and we ate it up like crazy, but after that, special effects are what carried the movies. They're very fun to watch once in a while, but they don't contain the same magnitude of greatness as other films.

Requiem for a dream, for example, has just as much dramatic tension as the matrix, if not more, and there are no special effects...just a downward spiraling tale of addiction.

just my two cents...

o yea, and navaros is a greeat track :)

The original of "Orange Theme" is one of the best trance tracks ever made I think, but all the remixes that has been popping up the last few years are horrible.

(The original is on VA - Behind the Eye 2)

229563[/snapback]

Sorry, but the original sounds terrible in my ears, probably the worst I've heard from the Eye Q label. Some of the early remixes are listenable though, especially the MWNN Mix. The remixes released recently are something I haven't and don't wanna hear.

I'd say yes, it's more psy than it's another genre. But Juno is pretty uncategorizable.

I'll try:

Electronic Orchestral Tribal World Trance with a psy touch.

229255[/snapback]

i totally agree: navras is absolutely mindblowing

i must say that almost everything juno reactor did is a masterpiece.

it´s a shame that very few djs play music like this anymore!

i do :rolleyes:

there are only 2 tracks on "transmissions" and maybe pistolero i cannot really connect to, but i very much recommend everything on the album "beyond the infinite" which is timeless music...

this is like classical music - juno reactor (unlike 99,9999...% of todays psychedelic trance) will still be listened to in a hundred years, i believe

I have to admit... a couple of days of heavy listening kind of made this track loose the greatness. Damn. (

230387[/snapback]

Maybe you tell your thought too fast & too much out? you never know the first time will a track sound good after some days anymore.. too much of anything will kill the magic of it, for example reading same users posts with really nothing to say on every other topic, just for the sake of replying.

Yeah, i know im just being jealous for not yet being in the "inner circle" that forms between hardcore posters in every forum. :)

Maybe you tell your thought too fast & too much out? you never know the first time will  a track sound good after some days anymore.. too much of anything will kill the magic of it.

230408[/snapback]

Not everything... there are certain tracks I never grow bored of. Too bad this doesn't seem to be one of them.

Damn... I want the track to get it's magic back! MAGIC! COME HERE! :(

Not everything... there are certain tracks I never grow bored of. Too bad this doesn't seem to be one of them.

Damn... I want the track to get it's magic back! MAGIC! COME HERE!  :(

230410[/snapback]

Yes, you are right, forgot about that, ofcourse you never get bored with the tracks that become classics to you, but they become that and you can only know that after it has passed "the" time-test.

I can't even count how many tracks has sounded to me some days like best tracks EVER, but after listening to one track with repeat on, nonstop 72hours, the tracks i thought are instant-classic! have loosed all it's magic and you only get some kind of a womit effect after that when hearing them. :)

229442[/snapback]

That`s only your opinion... <_<

Im a massive Juno fan, probably first goa/psy/unclassifiable type of artist that I found and really felt moved by.

Personally, I feel that Shango is the best Juno album. It all blends so well, each track complementing the previous and building to next. It has some amazing beats and some brilliant ambience. Many other major Juno fans (like myself) have found Labyrinth a bit hit-and-miss. Still good, but not really Juno's best work. I think the remixes of Burly Brawl (on Giant) and Mona Lisa Overdrive V2 are incredibly underwhelming, they dont really build anything on the originals (both found on the amazing Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions sountracks that Juno did work on). I still think its a good album, and is brilliant compared to many other artists but after about 5 years I think we were all expecting something 'more'.

Secondly, I love niche films too, & Im also of the opinion that Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions were good films, true they had some amazing special effects but they tried to change the boundaries of common action films. The films took a populist genre and tried to inject it with hidden motivations and (fairly) complex philsophical ideas & I dont think most audiences were ready. They seemed more like Japanese anime than Hollywood flicks.

Certainly this doesnt excuse them, and I do agree the acting was patchy as was some of the dialogue. But when I read into them, the ideas really stimulated me. I dont think im over analysing (though I could be accused of doing that :) ) but I do respect them for what they attempted to do.

I wont go on any more, sorry for the long (first ever) post! :ph34r:

I decided to get off my ass and properly engage myself in the psy community, rather than simply going to fests, raves and listening to the music.

Cheers everyone. :D

Yeah, Mutant Message is great. From all Labyrinth tracks I prefer Zwara. I also think that the best Juno work is the Shango Live Tour - Tokyo 2002 DVD. It doesn't have only Shango tracks, but also older stuff. From their albums - not live - I believe that Labyrinth is the best so far; the gothic touch they give is not too much + the production is perfect.