V/A - Tsunami Benefit CD (3xCDs)

Ov3rdos3

sorry for bitching, and i would do it myself if i was good enough, but someone needs to review this CD, i ordered it yesterday (should recieve it today) and for £12 i think it was well worth the money. looks like a decent line-up as well. is anyone going to review this anytime soon?

As I'm not a pretty good reviewer and I did not listen to it properly yet (just bought it 2 hours ago) I can only say it is one of the nicest covers and artwork I have ever seen. It really brings out the hearthwarming vision of psychedelic scene IMO.

Cheerio.

Well, im not going to actually review it (because i suck at writing reviews), but i have listened to this CD(s) over the weekend and i must say, the chill out cd is worth the money alone, every single track is nothing short of brilliant. i absolutely love the 1st cd. the 2nd cd is ok, and the 3rd is not bad as well, but i think this cd was well worth the money.

i also like the print on the cd itself: "Copying this CD will seriously effect your Karma". heheheh, i guess it would...

Besides the fugly cover, the CD is OK. But not worth buying if you ask me. And I can tell that just by looking at the tracklist.

Of course nobody will agree with my opinion, but you're only deceiving yourselves. ;)

Besides the fugly cover, the CD is OK. But not worth buying if you ask me. And I can tell that just by looking at the tracklist.

Of course nobody will agree with my opinion, but you're only deceiving yourselves. ;)

224029[/snapback]

i think the cover is well good. excellent in fact. i dont know how you could call that ugly. i dont think you have the actual CD, as the cover for the actual CD is different to the one they have displayed on psyshop or chaosunlimited's websites.

i think the cover is well good. excellent in fact. i dont know how you could call that ugly. i dont think you have the actual CD, as the cover for the actual CD is different to the one they have displayed on psyshop or chaosunlimited's websites.

224039[/snapback]

Damn right I don't have it. But why does psyshop display the wrong cover?

Damn right I don't have it. But why does psyshop display the wrong cover?

224041[/snapback]

thats the pic on the inside sleeve. it comes in a 3xcd box type thing. its got an amazing 3 sleeve, fold-out type of cover. it is one of the best covers ive seen actually. and yeah, i will admit im not too impressed with the 2nd and 3rd cd (they are OK at best), but the chillout cd is bloody brilliant. all the tunes are really good. especially, Shpongle- Once upon the sea of blissful awareness and Juno Reactor - Angels and Men. very chilled out.

the chillout cd is bloody brilliant. all the tunes are really good. especially, Shpongle- Once upon the sea of blissful awareness and Juno Reactor - Angels and Men. very chilled out.

224046[/snapback]

Of course they are, and that's why I already own them on the original releases. Also count out Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles and would you still say it's worth owning?

Also, if THIS is the real cover, I'm still not impressed. :(

Of course they are, and that's why I already own them on the original releases. Also count out Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles and would you still say it's worth owning?

Also, if THIS is the real cover, I'm still not impressed.  :(

224055[/snapback]

thats the main box cover, when you take the tripple cd sleeve out its like a big 3 cd sleeve spread and its very good. btw. i like that cover as well. not neccesarily psychedelic, but a very pretty cover indeed. but thats just my opinion

I'm still not impressed.  :(

224055[/snapback]

Well Cinos, as Organic's stuff somewhere on isratrance said, this CD has not been made for people to impress them, but to raise some money in a good cause. They are aware, that most of this stuff was already released and hardcore goa-heads have all of them (or most at least). It was not their intention to make a KILLLAA! ( ;) ) CD with fresh unreleased stuff. Instead they thought of it as a message - this is psychedelic trance music, these are some of it's best artists and we're PLUR :) You also have to take into consideration how fast it came out - how can you expect everybody to write new and good tunes in just 1-2 weeks?! Organic Rec. asked artists to give them their best tunes (best = fitting to the concept of this release) and just compilled it!

To sum it up - this CD is mostly for the people who don't know much about trance, or for people like me, who like to have a wonderfully packaged CD with some kind of a theme and deeper meaning, not just random gathering of dancefloor killers... And think about this - for a price little higher than 1CD, you get 3CDs full of psy-influenced music. I'm sure everybody will find at least ten good tracks on it, while majority of todays compilations has like 3-4 decent tunes...

Well Cinos, as Organic's stuff somewhere on isratrance said, this CD has not been made for people to impress them, but to raise some money in a good cause. They are aware, that most of this stuff was already released and hardcore goa-heads have all of them (or most at least). It was not their intention to make a KILLLAA! ( ;) ) CD with fresh unreleased stuff. Instead they thought of it as a message - this is psychedelic trance music, these are some of it's best artists and we're PLUR :) You also have to take into consideration how fast it came out - how can you expect everybody to write new and good tunes in just 1-2 weeks?! Organic Rec. asked artists to give them their best tunes (best = fitting to the concept of this release) and just compilled it!

To sum it up - this CD is mostly for the people who don't know much about trance, or for people like me, who like to have a wonderfully packaged CD with some kind of a theme and deeper meaning, not just random gathering of dancefloor killers... And think about this - for a price little higher than 1CD, you get 3CDs full of psy-influenced music. I'm sure everybody will find at least ten good tracks on it, while majority of todays compilations has like 3-4 decent tunes...

224062[/snapback]

correct, i bought it because all the tunes have a certain theme to it, and listening to the whole album really does set feeling for what its all about, like track 2 on the chillout cd : Egg - Lost at Sea. brillant. at the very least, you did your part on helping towards the tsunami disaster by buying this album. it was like 12 quid or something, not even an hours work here in london. well worth it.

224062[/snapback]

I like randomity better. Besides, buying this will make me feel all warm and fuzzy (because of the charity aspect), and I hate that feeling.

So I'll pass for now.

I like randomity better. Besides, buying this will make me feel all warm and fuzzy (because of the charity aspect), and I hate that feeling.

So I'll pass for now.

224070[/snapback]

remember those words when things go all sh1tty in your life and you need help. ;)

remember those words when things go all sh1tty in your life and you need help. ;)

224077[/snapback]

It only counts if my life goes shitty because of a big disaster anyway, otherwise nobody would care. And big disaster seldom happen up here. :( (or perhaps :) ?)

for some reason

i bought it

but now it is laying here

and i really dont feel the urge to listen to it.

i think i'm gonna give it away for someones birthday i think :rolleyes:

So I'll pass for now.

224070[/snapback]

<cough> cunt <cough>

did somebody say something? not me!

Guest .::E.P

224062[/snapback]

Then lets talk facts here!

The organisations have said over and over again that they do not need and want any more money for the Tsunami victims. They got so much money that the rest of the burning-points in the world suffer even more with the lack of donations that followed after the record donations to the Tsunami areas. The continent of Africa haven't seen a single Dime in January and February! This CD is way too late and the money will not make a difference what-so-ever! Maybe a re-think and donating to other areas would benefit better? But I guess it wont be so attractive since there's no Tourist's involved ;) Would a CD named "Africa" get the same attention as this one? ;)

The CD has a few unreleased tracks on it. The rest are already released and some are very old. Not something you expect after all the "hype" this CD has gone through. I would be ashamed as an artist to take the easy way out and give a already released track away. A track that already have put money into the pockets of the artist and label. A unreleased track would of course not give the artist and their label any money but maybe a bit more goodwill instead ,)

When confronted Chris Organic and his many spokes-people say they wanted the most known "stars" in order to sell most. Well there's lot of "stars" not represented on this CD. And I am sure they have unreleased music too! This CD is Chris Organic and Friends. Some artists are not considered that BIG (incl. Chris Organic himself). So much for the "star" argument! It's that simple! And where's the other big genre: Progressive Trance? Guess the people behind this CD don't have a clue what it is! In order to sell most a CD most cover most popular grounds. That's basic sales knowledge!

Of course all this is my personal views but I cant stop feeling this CD had a "hidden" agenda! To promote Chris Organic's name so he can get some of the Goodwill back he have lost over the years when he failed to send out Royalty statements and pay royalties to some artists ;) No one can deny that Chris Organic now is a "God" in many people's eyes out there!

The cover. Well that's down to taste. Personally I dont find it much better than the TIP World covers. One word spring to my mind. Cheesy ;)

I don't buy into all of this!

Of course all this is my personal views but I cant stop feeling this CD had a "hidden" agenda!  To promote Chris Organic's name

224779[/snapback]

Thats a bit harsh E.P......

... a bit like saying Bob Geldof done Live Aid for the publicity .....

Charity organizations have given more to Africa, Sudan etc, than you can probably possibly imagine. And what happens to the money? Well, alot of it gets wasted. Alot of kit goes into the pockets of "charity organizations". Alot of it buys aid that gets stolen ..... beleive me, just because there is no media frenzy, dont think that hard working organizations havn't been ploughing money into Africa for years. Alot of money mate, and alot of money THAT IS NOT DOING ANY GOOD!!

And anyway, excuse my French, but what the f*ck has Africa got to do with the Tsunami anyway? Your attitude smacks of sour grapes mate .......

Still, if you want to make yourself look like a wanker by spending a chunk of your "oh so precious time" bad mouthing someone, who is actually trying to do some good, then that is up to you.

J

Thats a bit harsh E.P......

... a bit like saying Bob Geldof done Live Aid for the publicity .....

Charity organizations have given more to Africa, Sudan etc, than you can probably possibly imagine. And what happens to the money? Well, alot of it gets wasted. Alot of kit goes into the pockets of "charity organizations". Alot of it buys aid that gets stolen ..... beleive me, just because there is no media frenzy, dont think that hard working organizations havn't been ploughing money into Africa for years. Alot of money mate, and alot of money THAT IS NOT DOING ANY GOOD!!

And anyway, excuse my French, but what the f*ck has Africa got to do with the Tsunami anyway? Your attitude smacks of sour grapes mate .......

Still, if you want to make yourself look like a wanker by spending a chunk of your "oh so precious time" bad mouthing someone, who is actually trying to do some good, then that is up to you.

J

224792[/snapback]

Wahetever dude. Like it or not the fact still remain that since the record donations to the Tsunami Victims none - ZERO money have been donated from anyone incl. Gouvernments to Africa. As an example I can tell you that the Danish Gouvernment took all money from this years and next years donations to other even more needy areas in the World and donated them to the Tsunami Disaster areas. The same way of cutting other areas donations happened in many other Countries around the Globe! And people have not bothered to give any donations to anything else than the Tsunami Disatster. Leaving people to die and starve especially in Africa. So much for humanitarian hearts ;) As long as a few Turists are involved let's donate and donate but f*** the rest ;)

In Africa more people die in half a year than in the Tsunami Disatser areas! That's the facts!

And just because some money dont always reach it's destination point due to corrupt Politicians and Dictators (many supported by the Western Gouvernments and especially USA hunting for minerals and Oil) then that's no excuse for not helping!!! The fact still remain that Africa is not so popular as the Tsunami areas (it's quite obvious why).

I really dont care if you think I am "sour grapes" and a "wanker" as you so nicely put it or whatever you think you know about me and my reasons to dislike this project! I still think this whole "project" is a "popularity" scam and indeed promoting Chris Organic in a big way that he never deserved (as an artist)! Just take a good look at the banners for the CD (go to isratrance).. Who's name is there among a little group of other artists "Chris Organic"!!!... Now excuse me but if he wanted to sell most possible copies of the CD by using BIG names as the attraction - as he said himself - Then I dont think he's the best name assosiated with a BIG artist name ;) Bob Geldorf never promoted himself in the front of the Band Aid project. He pushed the other artists in front of the project ;) The Media was the ones to push him in front - never himself unless it had to do with showing how people starved and died as he did in his many TV reports and interviews !

I guess your from UK and have to protect one of your mates ;) There's nothing like Patrioism ;)

I guess your from UK and have to protect one of your mates ;)  There's nothing like Patrioism ;)

224800[/snapback]

Good Guess at that fact that I am from the UK. Its displayed in my profile details. :)

With regards to Chris Organic, he is not one of my friends - I've never met him. Oh & I'm not patriotic at all, and even if I were I would not try to display the notion by supporting Chris Organic. Duh! :rolleyes:

The point I was trying to make is that you are making yourself look like a wanker, I'm not insinuating that you are actaully a wanker. Drawing comparisons to Africa whilst, no doubt, sitting in a nice cosy room typing slanderous bullshit seems "oh so" a tad self righteous to me. Not exactly a "positive contribution" really is it?

Why dont you do something to help other's with your projects then? Then perhaps you would have some basis for your self righteous ramblings. I'm still not sure how you can cast aspersions like this. Its not like the problems in Africa are automatically Chris Organic's problem just because he releases a benefit cd for Tsumani victims. I really dont see the connection. Perhaps it is just in your head. :huh:

Moving on. Many artists go down the "shameless self promotion" route .... if you want you could even look at your signature for starters. ;)

The way I see it is like this. Alot of people have given some of their music to raise some money for people who have a had a bit of shit time recently. In doing this they are not ignoring the problems the rest of the world are having, they are just trying to do what they can. :)

Why dont you do something to help other's with your projects then?

224822[/snapback]

See again you assume things you know nothing about dude!

I am contributing a lot. I donate money each month to various organisations. I have adopted 2 Children to make their lives better. I am in the work of planning a donation CD for Africa (where I wont participate as an artist!!!) and I am planning a party to promote the CD (where I wont DJ or play live!!!).

On top of that I have donated money from my royalties to various causes like to the Children of Bosinia Herzegovina when the war was going on there... Is that enough or do I need more so I don't "sit in a nice cosy room typing slanderous bullshit" ?

Oh please if Chris Organic and those artists and labels participating on the Tsunami CD really were serious they would have released tracks that wasent already released and indeed also released progressive trance instead of turning the blind eye to it.. But no to release unreleased music was "too" difficault legally... cough cough... b*** S*** ;)

You know nothing about me dude and my motives... But you know what? I really dont care what you think of me ;)