V/A - Tsunami Benefit CD (3xCDs)

Ov3rdos3

You know nothing about me dude and my motives...  But you know what?  I really dont care what you think of me ;)

224833[/snapback]

Ok.

I will do something that is not very common on internet forums and concede that I can now see the basis for your "self righteous" ramblings, as I so eloquently put it. :rolleyes: I have no tact, something I am sure you are familiar with.

I know you dont care what I think of you. Vice Versa. I just wanted to make a point here. You probably dont know, or rather, care much, about Chris Organic or his motives, either.

Your arguement, and the fact that you list the many good things you do with your energy, simply helps me to illustrate my point better. The things I implied about you made you react defensively. You felt the need to put me right on a few things. I would wager that this is how your post would make Chris Organic feel, if he were, indeed, to read it.

The one thing I hope we can agree on is that I should not have been making assumptions about you and perhaps, in the same note, you should not be making assumptions about Chris Organic. Its the same thing isn't it? And its not very nice is it?

It would seem that you spend alot of time and energy contributing postively to issues you feel are worthwhile. Good on you.

Can you not see that this is what this CD is trying to do? Would you not, considering your own beliefs and actions, encourage this kind of thing, rather than casting negative aspersions upon it?

I see your point totally when it comes to the fact that only a few artists have contributed original works to this cd. I suppose a part of this issue was timing. I'm sure the tracks on there would be pretty crap if all of the artists involved had to write them within such a short space of time. It is not a question of artistic integrity IMO.

Oh - I dont own the cd by the way. I wont be buying it either - I cant afford it at the moment. Before anyone pipes up, I donate a percentage of my wages to two chosen charities ...... that is as much as I can do at the moment.

I may not be able to support this project financially. But I certainly wont try to scupper its success. Good luck to them and all affected by the tragic chain of events which, ultimately, led to this discussion in the first place.

Good luck with the CD for Africa. You wont see me dissing it anywhere!

Guest eleria

Of course all this is my personal views but I cant stop feeling this CD had a "hidden" agenda!  To promote Chris Organic's name so he can get some of the Goodwill back he have lost over the years when he failed to send out Royalty statements and pay royalties to some artists ;)  No one can deny that Chris Organic now is a "God" in many people's eyes out there!

224779[/snapback]

You are not alone with that feeling E.P. I had the same thought too. It's about the best advertisment you can get and everybody supports you and you get a banner put up on isratrance for free and so on. The tracks are mostly previously released and out there to generate money. There has been enough donations going to Tsunami help already. The main outcome imo is promotion of Chris Organic and his label.

To compare the Tsunami CD to Bob Geldorf and Live Aid is redicolous.

To compare the Tsunami CD to Bob Geldorf and Live Aid is redicolous.

224864[/snapback]

he eh e !!

A bad comparison. :rolleyes: The similarity ends with the fact that both were using music to raise money for people. Fair enough. :rolleyes:

I was just trying to make a point ..... and that was that it is a bit unfair to publically badmouth a project donating its proceeds to charity. Especially when one is as conscientious as E.P. ;)

He started the project of compiling the this compilation in first half of january when there still were need of money. Probably put alot of time in gathering the tracks and arranging everything for the release. I think it's abit silly to start questioning the intentions even though I think there are better ways to support the victims wherever they may be than buying a cd.

Cheers to CHRIS ORGANIC for compiling this great cd from ORGANIC RECORDS.=)

Guest .::E.P

He started the project of compiling the this compilation in first half of january when there still were need of money. Probably put alot of time in gathering the tracks and arranging everything for the release.  I think it's abit silly to start questioning the intentions even though I think there are better ways to support the victims wherever they may be than buying a cd.

Cheers to CHRIS ORGANIC for compiling this great cd from ORGANIC RECORDS.=)

224878[/snapback]

Sorry but this is the easiest project in the world simply because everybody jump on the bandwagon intstantly without a blink of the eye. Seriously I cant see the LOT of hard work put into this donation CD. Yes you need to call or e-mail labels and artists and talk to the few distributors we got in this scene and get a good deal for the production of the CD's (now that's maybe the most hard job). And of course you need to do a cover design, banners and promotion material like posters and flyers for the CD plus a few Magazine Ad's (did they do that at all?) and find a Benefit Organisation or two to donate the money too. And yes you need to do a few interviews here and there and get the good old promotion going at Isratrance ect. but that's basically it !!!! Oh yes you need to package and send off the CD's.... silly me to forget that ;)

I am 100% sure that Chris Organic had a very very easy time collecting everything and get people interested. It's in fact quite logical simply because he had many artists and labels contacting him by themselves! So don't talk about "hard" work. And the publicity and goodwill he and his label get out of it is worth many many more times the money the Benefit CD can ever raise ;)

Try and make a donation CD for something not so popular and "marketed" in the news every single day. Then you'll talk about hard work. Just to find willing artists and labels and not to mention distributors ect. is VERY hard work when it's not the Tsunami Disaster!

I can of course only speak about what I know and I do know Chris Organic enough to be suspicious. I even released a track with him once and never saw a statment or any royalties even though the CD sold quite well (before the mp3 revolution) and I know of other artists with the same story when it come to his label. So I am not just speaking from lack of knowledge about the guy when I say he could need the goodwill.

Sorry but this is the easiest project in the world simply because everybody jump on the bandwagon intstantly without a blink of the eye.  Seriously I cant see the LOT of hard work put into this donation CD.  Yes you need to call or e-mail labels and artists and talk to the few distributors we got in this scene and get a good deal for the production of the CD's (now that's maybe the most hard job). And of course you need to do a cover design, banners and promotion material like posters and flyers for the CD plus a few Magazine Ad's (did they do that at all?) and find  a Benefit Organisation or two to donate the money too. And yes you need to do a few interviews here and there and get the good old promotion going at Isratrance ect. but that's basically it !!!!  Oh yes you need to package and send off the CD's.... silly me to forget that ;)

I am 100% sure that Chris Organic had a very very easy time collecting everything and get people interested.  It's in fact quite logical simply because he had many artists and labels contacting him by themselves!  So don't talk about "hard" work. And the publicity and goodwill he and his label get out of it is worth many many more times the money the Benefit CD can ever raise ;)

Try and make a donation CD for something not so popular and "marketed" in the news every single day. Then you'll talk about hard work.  Just to find willing artists and labels and not to mention distributors ect. is VERY hard work when it's not the Tsunami Disaster!

I can of course only speak about what I know and I do know Chris Organic enough to be suspicious. I even released a track with him once and never saw a statment or any royalties even though the CD sold quite well (before the mp3 revolution) and I know of other artists with the same story when it come to his label.  So I am not just speaking from lack of knowledge about the guy when I say he could need the goodwill.

224900[/snapback]

Sounds to me you have more of a bone to pick with Chris than anything else, regarding the royalties you never received off the CD... Obviously that sucks, and I'd no doubt be suspicious of/talk shit about him if he had done that to me as well. I also agree that it's unfair how so much has been focused into the Tsunami Disaster, when countless other causes go unlooked at by the media/masses. For the sheer amount of newspapers, cameras, journalists, reporters, humanitarians in this world, it's pretty sad how poor the overall global awareness is regarding people in need. One of the biggest problems is that it often takes the ability to relate and empathize to be aroused enough to donate money. In the case of the Tsunami, the world saw that as a very real threat to themselves, meaning, EVERYONE (who would be watching TV) has been to a beach, and could imagine themselves being swallowed by the ocean... or what would happen to their children were they left behind as orphans... But something like a barbaric civil war/horrendous genocide... most of the world is so far removed from knowing real war, knowing the threat of guns/bombs etc etc, that it can be way harder to get people to try to relate and in turn donate to a worthy cause. So what if Organic is doing some promotion along the way... I do think it is respectable for anyone to put something like that together. It's not HIS fault that the tsunami is one of the few causes for which people will actually contribute/buy the CDs. Maybe the results of this compilation will inspire him to put together more releases that would donate towards OTHER causes? who knows... but maybe an African AIDs relief CD or something of the sort (maybe just wishful thinking on my part).

-ensign

ps - E.P. - wtf is up with your avatar? =) i've been trying to figure out if you are sticking a rabbit or cat up your nose or something heheh

ps - E.P. -  wtf is up with your avatar?  =)  i've been trying to figure out if you are sticking a rabbit or cat up your nose or something heheh

224930[/snapback]

He's sniffing up a mouse. You know, like cocaine. At least I think so.

Guest .::E.P

He's sniffing up a mouse. You know, like cocaine. At least I think so.

225284[/snapback]

No it's a cat. I would have loved to use the whole animation in my avatar but it's too big and cant be modyfied to fit in size :(