Asura's new album finished

asura

Hi everybody,

the new album is finished. 14 new titles with a totaly new musical shape, much more vocal, less psy, but hope soulful for the third album, codename "Redemption".

Hope he"ll see daylight before september 2005...

Happy new years for you and your nearest, and all the best for 2005!

Asura

asura site

Hi everybody,

the new album is finished. 14 new titles with a totaly new musical shape, much more vocal, less psy, but hope soulful for the third album, codename "Redemption".

Asura

asura site

209173[/snapback]

Good news from you :) Hope there are similar tracks to Raindust on the Lost Eden album, probably your best melody here ;)

And happy new year to you too !

Hi everybody,

Asura

asura site

209173[/snapback]

Hello !

Yes, a great news !

I enjoyed Code Eetrnity and Lost Eden. I agree with AmithbaBuddha : your music is better than those last fullonish releases :) . In your last album, I especially like the track Requiem From Nowhere which is a very solid mystical track : your best track according to me.

The only inconvenience for me in your last album is that some of your tracks seems to be incomplete. I think about the tracks Land of Freedom and Fahrenheit which have a big potential, insufficiently exploited in my opinion. :unsure:

I look forward to listening to this new album ;)

The only inconvenience for me in your last album is that some of your tracks seems to be incomplete. I think about the tracks Land of Freedom and Fahrenheit which have a big potential, insufficiently exploited in my opinion.  :unsure:

I look forward to listening to this new album  ;)

209190[/snapback]

Hi Regbar, thanks for your kind words...

Concerning your opinion about these two tracks, I think you are right. They have been cut by our past productor, for some no clear reasons. The extended (and so original) version of Fahrenheit is 8' and Land and Freedom 7,07'.

But most of the new album tracks will be short (I mean 9/14 less than 5 minutes).

It wasn't a will but the tracks came like that.

Moreover, I think the third one will be loved or hated in the psy scene(those who didn't like Raindust will be surely dissapointed) cause the new album is more triphoppey than the second, uses much more vocals, especially our voices, but vocal samples remain of course. So one could say it sounds more poppey, and it does as few tracks were calibrated for radio. But I think good pop music exists, and I hope we make some decent one, even if the whole album is far for being exclusively pop.

So Manuser, I think you'll be happy if you like Raindust!

Nevertheless, don't expect Code Eternity 2 or Lost Eden: the return. This album is different again, but our tendancies are still here: mysticism, liturgical choirs, down tempo (not all time, but often) worldly rythms and instruments, melancholy, melody above all, light and shadows (cause we are fallen angels ;) ), panoramic soudscapes... and chocolate of course! :rolleyes:

Definitly, it' s an Asura album, but I think more acoustic too. We used classical and electric guitar, bass, strings and we sing on 5 or 6 tracks.

Well, in fact, make your own opinion when it'll be out, cause it's impossible to sum up the whole album with a single word. I'd say: very eclectic, but still asuraish! :)

Thanks to you all for your warm words and keep the Y! :D

this is what i call it "Music". Cant wait for this album!  :)

best of luck with the release my friend!

209724[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for those warm words, AmithabaBuddha, hope you won't be disappointed! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I am very much looking forward to your new album :) I hope its as good as or better than your previous works :) Just a question, do you have any other projects? Like more Dance oriented stuff? Do you go under and other aliases? Sorry for my ignorance! :)

Oh, your previous works made a lot of my friends find intresst in such music, I kind of converted them to listen to this kind with your cds hehehe :)

I am very much looking forward to your new album :) I hope its as good as or better than your previous works :) Just a question, do you have any other projects? Like more Dance oriented stuff? Do you go under and other aliases? Sorry for my ignorance! :)

Oh, your previous works made a lot of my friends find intresst in such music, I kind of converted them to listen to this kind with your cds hehehe :)

211543[/snapback]

Thanks you very much Dj Nemo (I love your tattoos ;)

Yes, we have other projects (Electro Club), totally apart Psy Music, Tonton Flangers (several tracks on various compilations), with the other Asura members, and Electrocaine, composed by the TechHouse artist Lestesie, (go to psyshop and stream the maxi The ritual) and me, which sounds more like Benny Benassi, I'd say. We are to licensing it, so I can say more for the moment.

We too did, as Asura, an eurotrance track called "totem" which was licensed by neurodisc on the compilation "Perfect Trance 2.0" in 2003

Hey Asura, please inform us when this is expected to be available.

Hopefully it will be available to buy on psyshop as the other releases were and still are I think. I have both the other albums and I'm looking forward to getting this one too. Too bad its going onto more poppish terrain, but who knows... if its catchy, well done, and not too cheesy, I'm interested. I really hope its good, and I agree that tracks like Land of Freedom and Fahrenheit seemed cut off and faded out before the songs' originally intended endings. Looking forward to this one! ;)

Hi everybody,

Asura

asura site

209173[/snapback]

great news , this album will be one of the best releases on 2005 , im sure of it.

im going to get this and your other releases! :)

best luck Asura.

Thanks you very much Dj Nemo (I love your tattoos  ;)

Yes, we have other projects (Electro Club), totally apart Psy Music, Tonton Flangers (several tracks on various compilations), with the other Asura members, and Electrocaine, composed by the TechHouse artist Lestesie, (go to psyshop and stream the maxi The ritual) and me, which sounds more like Benny Benassi, I'd say. We are to licensing it, so I can say more for the moment.

We too did, as Asura, an eurotrance track called "totem" which was licensed by neurodisc on the compilation "Perfect Trance 2.0" in 2003

211898[/snapback]

Nice, I will check those projects out :)

My tattoos.... hehehe, on the left arm I have a Ganesha and below him I have Kali. On the right arm I have Hanuman and above him I have Elvis Presley in the shape of Shiva with 4 arms. Of course he has a crown as well!

When exactly do you think that the new Asura will be out to grab? :)

Hey Asura, please inform us when this is expected to be available.

Hopefully it will be available to buy on psyshop as the other releases were and still are I think. I have both the other albums and I'm looking forward to getting this one too. Too bad its going onto more poppish terrain, but who knows... if its catchy, well done, and not too cheesy, I'm interested.

212346[/snapback]

Hi Jon! Can't give you an outting date for the moment. Let's end the mastering... and we'll see.

Concerning its shape, well, I said it sounds by some ways more poppish, I didn't say the album is poppish. And even though, the Asura soul is still in it.

We didn't want and don't want anymore to do a Code Eternity 2 or an exclusively Trance Ambient or PsyAmbient album. I hope too you'll find it good, but I can't assure you you'll be satisfied! :(

Just a question Jon: do you think that Lost Eden and Raindust are cheesy?

great news , this album will be one of the best releases on 2005  , im sure of it.

im going to get this and your other releases!  :)

best luck Asura.

212366[/snapback]

AmithabaBuddha, always the best words I could receive. Thanks again for your support, it makes me and us go on :)

For those who din't listen to the second album yet, here is the link to our site, with several extracts in the Home page menu:

http://www.asura-music.com

The site intro track is taken from the new album, for the info.

Just a question Jon: do you think that Lost Eden and Raindust are cheesy?

212419[/snapback]

Hey, no not at all. I don't find Lost Eden and Raindust cheesy, although Raindust really does remind me of some of Moby's work with the female voices and piano tunes. I still like it but I can't stop thinking of Moby when I hear that strong melody and parts of that track. Then the last two minutes are exactly what I like, with tribal voices and that catchy maybe slightly dark melody. I'm hearing it right now while writing this paragraph and this is catchy!, although I think it would have sounded even better if that melody came in while the guys voices were still going a little bit longer toward the end! It just crossed my mind...

Anyway, I simply said what I said because when I think of something more poppish, (in general) my mind associates to "pop," which isn't my type of music in general, but I like some pop and some music with poppish influence too. I think when many people including myself hear that a more trance influenced group is becoming more poppish or poppish-influenced, it usually drums up lots of speculation and worry, because poppish and trance, well, specifically melodic psytrance and pop just doesn't seem to go well together. But Asura was never limited to one or even just two sub-genra's, and you communicated that the style has changed again, and on top of that ... I haven't seen one remotely negative post on thread, so its nice to see so many people supporting and looking forward to this change, and I am too. The style on the second album was so different than the first, and I find the first more unique, (its the least mainstream-sounding release I think because of its lengthy tracks; their longer running time makes it easier to not break the mood when meditating and visualizing to the music) and I found the second pretty good with several of my favorite tracks from you yet ... I'm looking at the third album both open-minded and without high expectations.

Also, I'm aware something more "poppish" sounding does not make it pop music. I'm glad that straight up pop is not what you're doing, because it then would probably be very difficult to not lose spirit and origin and shops like psytrance would probably not carry your stuff. Originally, when we last spoke maybe 6-10 months ago on these forums, I was a bit worried that your trance style would lose its art and soul, for substitution of easy lyrics and more mainstream aimed, general songs, but the point is to get your music out to the mainstream with keeping the soul intact; as long as you keep the spirit of Asura, which you've ensured us, and that the songs are catchy, (even if there are always some people who won't like it), that is what counts in the end: The meaning, intent, spirit.

As I later learned (many months ago) that the entire style would be different and less trance like the first two albums, I understood why these changes in style may work well, simply because you're moving further away from the out-skirts of psytrance. In psytrance, the thought of a group sounding more poppish rarely works; it can get silly and cheesy, but your stuff was never really psytrance and I never found it cheesy or silly thankfully. Asura involves many types of trance and other genra influences, and certain tracks seem totally influenced by melodic psytrance and maybe they are, I don't know for sure. Regardless, the only people I think will be disappointed with this release, are those expecting exactly what you said the third album isn't ... a Code Eternity 2 or yet another Lost Eden.

And speaking of voices ... when I think of Asura's style changing again, I think of something even more New Age influenced ... (which I think would be great for your group, because you already got it down with the chill, relax, melodies, floating/dreamy sounds) I really enjoy the voices, hums, and singing in solid newage artist groups: Amythestium, Bassic, and Enigma's earlier work. Code Eternity and Lost Eden I find good, cool, catchy, relaxing, melodic chill albums. I enjoy the trance influence and style.

I just want to say for the record, when hearing tracks like Farenheit, I saw lots of potential for you guys to create even more massive melodic, vivid, imaginative, lifting, psychedelic songs; psytrance. Maybe that wish will come true one day or not. Either way, I realize your choice here was to do something different again in style and I'm just as curious to hear it, because I really liked the first two and I'm very open-minded to hearing all types of music and changes in style too. :)

I'll be looking forward to giving you feedback on your new album, hopefully sometime in the next several months!

I'll be looking forward to giving you feedback on your new album, hopefully sometime in the next several months!

212430[/snapback]

Hey Jon, I just wanted to know what you call cheezy music, and was wondering if you thought that the most poppish tracks in Lost Eden were cheezy for you. That's all! ;) But it's always a pleasure to see such passion in your very detailed argumentation, really... :)

Our aim with this new album was to make our music more accessible too, still keeping our soul, and I hope we succeed in it.

Concerning the new age side of Asura, guess we have our own vision of Newagey music.

Concerning the new age artists you mention, I like of course the Enigma work (unfortunatly, some think that they did only Sade and Mea Culpa, though there are true gems in their productions since 10 years). Nevertheless,

I don't like that much Amethystium, cause I think his melodies are rather precious, his orchestration sounds a bit outdated, his use of the voices are pretty easy (but it's just my point of view, I respect totally his work, of course).

There is a spacey track in our new album, more or less new agey so, without rythms, but more in the Steve roach vibes, I'd say, more athmospheric.

Concerning the other tracks, it's hard to give an unique color, but I'd say there's much more vocals, especially ours, in the first half of the album. We were speaking in Lost Eden, we are singing in Redemption, that's why this part of the album could sound more poppish.

Hope the listeners will like it, don't know...

Hey Jon, I just wanted to know what you call cheezy music, and was wondering if you thought that the most poppish tracks in Lost Eden were cheezy for you. That's all!  ;)  But it's always a pleasure to see such passion in your very detailed argumentation, really...  :)

212445[/snapback]

Thanks Asura, in my lengthy writing above, I said that I didn't find any tracks on Lost Eden cheesy, but to better answer your question, no ... I don't find the more poppish tracks in Lost Eden cheesy, but several of my friends found one or two of the more poppish ones annoying, not cheesy. Some examples of what I call cheesy music is certain Enya tracks, Tim Janis, etc. An example of cheesy may pertain to the voice bits in the Enigma track, "Dream of the Dolphin" I think its called. Cheesy is simply put, anything fluffy sounding. I wish I could be more specific, but I think you get the idea. I'd have to peel through my collection to find more specific songs. But look at it this way; you know whats cool because your music is cool, ya know? Why change a great thing unless it can be even better? With this style change, I hope it just shows how talented and diverse you'll can really be, while still keeping the spirit and intentions of Asura! I hope this sounds like nothing other than something I haven't heard, even if the changed style and any new influences! You guys are very talented in the melodic department, and I hope that the more poppish songs don't distract too much from your creative rhythm and landscapes of sounds. I think they'll be good in their own way. I was hearing your Lost Eden album today. And I realize the following is off topic from what you asked but I felt like sharing it.

The tracks from Lost Eden that I find the best are: (not in any order)

Land and Freedom - Great melodic, catchy, upbeat, trance / chill song!

Fahrenheit - This has got to be one of my favorite melodic "trance/newage/chill" songs ever!!! I listen to this loud, while driving fast at night! Wow! Really puts you in the mood! Wish it was a bit longer!

Le Vol d'Icare - Good song! An example of really dreamy, chilled, newage/trance with clever use of voices and hums, etc... This song is very relaxing and nice! The molodies and choir voices really compliment each other. The problem with singing too much with actual lyrics is that it distracts from the music, mood, visuals that we as listeners imagine and this song I feel doesn't do that! Its pretty good!

The Battle of Devas - The voices in the middle only add interest to the pick-up and uplifting rhythm that soon follows, such a well done song! Smart use of female voices too! And the male voices with the female voices I find beautiful and very well mixed, I'm glad they aren't too loud and yet not drowned out by all those melodies, beats, and other sounds!

Requiem from Nowhere - I so like how this starts out like in a moviem, exploring something like on a strange planet, far away ... its so atmospheric and cool, and then when it picks up this track gets more aggressive for this type of music; its very creative and catchy!

Lost Eden (the actual song) - Those 5 tracks listed above and one or two others, I enjoy listening to so many times from the"Lost Eden" album. Now I'm looking forward to the poppish songs, and I find your less poppish stuff better than your poppish stuff so far. I played most of the Lost Eden album with several friends. Those few who heard the Lost Eden track didn't like it at all, but I like it. My one roomate who is very much into newage, ambient, trip-hop, trance, etc... really doesn't like this song. When I asked him why?, he said its because of the male voice, going "whooou... ahhhh" the whole time!... he just finds it annoying, and my other friend agreed but didn't dislike it as much as my roomate. I personally like the beat and melody. I think the song is decent and obviously some people won't care for every track, but this track is certaintly not your best or close to it I feel. I really like the end two minutes of Raindust.

I played Raindust for my room mate who likes several of the second album tracks listed above, the less poppish ones, and asked him what he thought. He is someone who really enjoys all of Code Eternity, so I know he is into your music in general. When asked about Raindust, he felt as though the lady sounds as if she's whining. He agreed with me that toward the end there's a part where it gets better, but by then he seemed to lose interest because it takes so long to get to that melody and beat without the voices that sound irritating, where as in other tracks, the other female humming sounds he liked. I found this interesting because it separates the people who are into the poppish stuff from those who aren't. And unlike Raindust and Lost Eden songs, I prefer the other ones with voices, such as From the Abyss for example. Now thats a really nice, cool, chill song!

Lastly, I already have a feeling that some people will really like and dislike the change in style. I do like the more poppish songs on Lost Eden, and I like the melodic newage/trance songs much more. I hope the new poppish ones will be even more catchy and I'm sure lots of time and work has gone into them. I appreciate that you care about making quality music and communicate with people via forums and listen to what they think. I think its important to get feedback, as long as it doesn't alter your vision if you feel passionalte about it. I can only comment on what I've heard of course, and although I am unsure with the new album, I still plan on buying it! With the Lost Eden album, your work has become more versatile since Code Eternity. Only now, there seems to be more limitations in certain area's, like when you have a great song, don't be afraid to fight to have songs as good as Fahrenheit left in its entirety, even if it has to be a bonus track at the end, just to better improve song-length and pacing. I realize these songs are shorter and so I suppose that they probably don't need to be as epic.

Asura, I just had several questions.

Do you or has Asura performed live and tour? If not, would you have interest in that? If so, is there any chance you'll ever come to the USA?

Will there be any songs with out lyrics and singing on the third album; songs similar to the top 5 I mentioned above?

If you HAD to choose one and only one, which album of yours do you prefer and why? Code Eternity or Lost Eden? Maybe this is not fair to ask an artist because you obviously feel strongly about both, but I'm just curious.

Do you have any interest in ever following up with more melodic trance? Will we ever see a Code Eternity 2 or Lost Eden 2 in that style?, or do you think you may stick to the more poppish style in the near future?

This question is similar to the one above. Most artsts stick to one style, but since your style keeps changing, is there a reason for the changing of styles? I don't mind the changes in style as long as its good, and by doing so you will obviously lose more fans but new fans will emerge who like one of the other styles. Is constantly changing your style (while keeping the soul) because Asura is tryiing to find its most comfortable nitch; style?, or do you guys just find it fun to experiment and explore? Any ideas?

1) Do you or has Asura performed live and tour? If not, would you have interest in that? If so, is there any chance you'll ever come to the USA?

2) Will there be any songs with out lyrics and singing on the third album; songs similar to the top 5 I mentioned above?

3) If you HAD to choose one and only one, which album of yours do you prefer and why? Code Eternity or Lost Eden? Maybe this is not fair to ask an artist because you obviously feel strongly about both, but I'm just curious.

4)Do you have any interest in ever following up with more melodic trance? Will we ever see a Code Eternity 2 or Lost Eden 2 in that style?, or do you think you may stick to the more poppish style in the near future?

5) is there a reason for the changing of styles? I don't mind the changes in style as long as its good, and by doing so you will obviously lose more fans but new fans will emerge who like one of the other styles. Is constantly changing your style (while keeping the soul) because Asura is tryiing to find its most comfortable nitch; style?, or do you guys just find it fun to experiment and explore? Any ideas?

212462[/snapback]

1) We should have come to USA in 2004 but there were a big problem with our production company, so... of course, Asura will come one day in USA, and some things are changing in the band allowing the aSURA live acts; so, be patient, it comes!

2) There are more tracks with Lyrics in the new album: 8. with a vocal lead 6. Few tracks have chants but not lyrics, just spoken words.

Yes, there is in the new album at least one track similar to the five mentioned below.

3) If you'd have to choose between your daughter and your son, who would you choose? It's exactly the same thing for Code Eeternity and Lost Eden. :)

4) I have interest, but don't have the time. If I and we could do one album by style, we surely would do it. But it's impossible, there's only 24 hours in a daY.

All is possible in the future, but we don't want to redo what we've already done.

I f we do some radiophonic tracks, it's not only for sell them easier. We love the tracks we'll propose to you soon. But, well, of course, we won't never live with our music if we keep on producing album exclusively as Code Eternity or even Lost Eden. And we want to live by our music, so...

5) We change because our life change, because life changed us, because it's the only way for us to go on, not remain at the same place, in the same mood, because we are hungry too :D . But well, I think our soul is the same till the beginning, so don't be afraid with that, Jon, you won't be disappointed.