Great labels

seraph

Dragonfly records!!! I though beaches and cream was an awesome cd, very high quality psy in my opinion.

im gonna get flamed for this....but i enjoy a lot of the stuff that comes out on SPUN records, not the latest stuff though, its crap. but some of the older stuff was pretty good in my opinion.

and of course CHEMICAL-CREW!!!, hehe, just kidding guys.

A also like some of the stuff released on Spun. Some of they compilations I like a lot, but not everything is good. I also like most of the stuff from Agitato, it's full on but not boring. There are also a lot of smaller labels that realese stuff I like: AP Records, Timecode, Utopia Records... I'm very happy about that! So far 2004 seems to be a very good year for me (at least when looking at the musical side).

Psy-Harmonics

Weird Music Society

Edgecore

Matsuri

Exogenic

Freakdance

6-d soundz

Blue Room (rip)

Flying Rhino (rip) <- the goa years, the later releases from the rhino were terrible

Dragonfly <- ---""---

...etc

• 3 weeks later...

I see that the Nabi comp has been pirated already. If the big labels like you mentioned are gone, how long will small, new, unpretentious labels last in the face of such adversity?  K*#ts. :angry:

198223[/snapback]

Hi,

This is a real problem, no matter the size of the label!!!!

Well, what can we say... we are at the same time mad and happy!

Happy, because; The fact that we have been rip as soon as release shows us that people was waiting for it, so that makes us happy...also the fact that people can have access to it makes us happy to...music is an universal pleasure ;-)

Mad: Sales are really going bad and we know it's been played in many parties from shitty MP3 rip... We have no respect whatsoever for mp3 dj's... they do not respect the musicians that spend time and effort making what they play and get" fame" for it, they should learn to respect the studio that master the track, respect the label that took the risk to promote et allow them to access that music and quality... and they should be thankfull: they getting paid for a set they made from STOLEN music!!!!! THIS IS SO UNFAIR for the ARTIST that MADE the tracks they played!

Really weird situation in fact: In a movement that is suppose to be based on respect of human and "spiritual" values, too many people have no respect for the ones that spend time/efforts and money in it... Using and abusing their work to make themself shitty little stars. (I read on the text note of U.P.E , the team that rip 148: "UPE Is Proud To Present :" ...hum explain me: proud of what: beeing ripers/traders?)

This is some kind of an alarm scream: One day or another, it will be that CD's won't be duplicalble anymore...all labels and the software industry is working on it right now... (So am I too as a label manager since I find very extreme to be ripped and advertise for it 48hours after releases!) The results is gonna be really bad then... WE (including me) won't be able to even do a backup of what we buy...U loose it.break it and bye, bye... it will be for good then. Is that what U all want?

Even worst: U will have people checking DJ's cases and fine them for illegual copies (I've seen it in Techno club...some Trance party orga also have been summon to pay rights fee before starting....)... I hate to see this! Feels like beeing under heavy non democratic system... but hey, if it's the onely way to protect and defend artists's rights because pple are not mature enough: Assume the consequences!

I Believe there is a just in between: I don't care beeing ripped as a label, I just would have liked them to respect our work and wait 2/3 months, so we have time to do your business and pay back our expenses in order to make another V.A or an album....

Anyways...we will do another V.A, no matter what!

Info will be posted in the news area. Take care.

Keep trance alive! Mutual respect would be a starting point...

Take care freacks.

Boooom

Emmanuel

www.nabi-records.com

email: contact@nabi-records.com