2 Ambientnot (9:07)

3 Klibby (7:43)

4 Energy+1 (8:47)

5 Greenbuttskunk (8:11)

6 Ghost Story (9:44)

7 Doublenine (7:31)

8 Tää Bää Fel 100 Fel (8:03)

9 Chill Em All (Trollmors Dub) (9:12)

(BTW in case you were wondering if it's "Ghost" or "Gohst", there was a spelling error on the first batch of printed CDs, the error was corrected later so the official name is "Ghost Story" ;))

First of all, I should warn you that this has NOTHING to do with Fairytale released on Suntrip. If you are expecting to hear some morning trance then don't even come closer then 10 miles from it cause you will be utterly dissapointed! This is not official info, but from what I've heard during the years, the initial plan was to release a double-CD album by Ka-Sol on Schlab records, 1 CD with morning stuff and the 2nd with dark stuff, then since Anoebis was good friends with the Upsala crew, he decided to release the 1st CD with the morning music on Suntrip, leaving the 2nd CD to be released later on Schlab. So this is pure Schlab material and I know that not many people like their stuff (but the ones who do are absolutley crazy about it ;) ).

Now this one is very hard to review... On the first few listens I was thinking "maaan Ka-Sol has lost it" and I must say that I have heard better efforts from him in the past. BUT I was driving at night and thought of popping this album in my CD player again and it was one of the trippiest experiences in my life!

Brown Tone pretty average intro track. I suppose Christer put it in there to slowly put us in the mood. Although personally I just skip this one and go to track no. 2

Ambientnot as the name would suggest, it all starts like some new age ambient, with a bird singing, then there is a dark atmosphere and the heavy kick starts. The the dark ambience continues and there still is this bird chirping, but more and more distant, then it actually sounds like the bird is getting confused, I could SWEAR that the bird was thinking "What the hell is happening here? Where am I?". This is actually one of the trippiest tracks I have ever heard from anyone and in any genre!!

Klibby continues with a more agressive pace and still some sounds that sound like birds (I think?). Although this one isn't as good as Ambientnot IMO.

Energy+1 is... energetic ;) Too bad that it only starts to unfold around 6:00. I would've prefered to hear to synths a lot earlier, or the whole track to last longer so that the buildup could last more.

Greenbuttskunk is another of my favorites. Again, some sounds that sound like distorted bird chirping, also some crows or something. Aound 4:00 the track starts taking a wierd direction giving you the WTF is going on here? feeling, then one of the BEST rythm patterns I have ever heard kick in around 5:00. This is incredibly hypnotic, too bad it doesn't last much. If I were Christer, I'd put min 5 to 6:20 in a loop for about 10 minutes ;)

Ghost Story starts pretty calm and... spooky and then it gradually build up and up. I like this track but others stand out much better IMO.

Doublenine sounds more like old Ka-Sol and has a bit of a morning feeling to it... but not too much, the overall trends remains dark

Tää Bää Fel 100 Fel kindof bridges the faster-paced tracks with the last downtempo one.

Chill Em All haha this must be the coolest name for a track ever!!! The track itself is pretty cool downtempo, but obviously with a dark tone, like the rest of the album. Those little creeping sounds give the sonic impression of having millions of insects pouring into your ear canals. If I were high and heard this in a chill-out room, I'd probably leave the room in a panic lol

Overall:

The good: Trippy as hell, the closest you can get to a dark trip without actually taking acid.

The Bad: The part that has been bugging me most is the time it takes for most tracks to finally build up... and then they end pretty abruptly. I would've prefered having the maxxed-out part last longer.

Conclusion Great album but ONLY if you are in a certain mood: listen to it LOUD in a dark place. Oh and I wouldn't dare listening to this while on acid... would YOU? :P 8/10

• 2 weeks later...

This album is awesome man!

Much better than Fairytale, the sound sounds like it is more complete and I love the forest feeling of the whole album.

This is real forest music.

And btw I guess this is perfect for taking acid;)

Big up to Ka-Sol and the whole Schlab crew.

Nice review Lemmiwinks. I like how you added in the stronger/weaker aspects too. Initially I wasn't sure what to think of the samples (lighter on melodies, didn't like that). But returning back to them the album seems more interesting, twisted, very psychedelic and atmospheric. I like that. Anyway I'll post a review when I get it. It's not on psyshop yet unfortunately and currently out of stock on saikosounds, means people are buying it up anyway. Should be back soon. I'll bookmark this. ;)

Samples

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7382

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Such a bad ass album. full marks to ka-sol for weaving together this journey into the dark recesses of the mind. greenbuttskunk is a black hole.. taa baa fel 100 fel .. what does that mean? :D love the drums here.. very stompy. MOAR MOOAAARRRR 10/10