V/A - Chronika Chapter 2 [Boshke Beats]

freak51

1. My mind is going dub

TONY ROHR

The highlight of the CD comes early. Deadly deep and trippy.

2. One point one

MIDIMILIZ

Hard driving remix gets two fists in the air.

3. Hero fx (Rockitmen reconstruction)

THE DELTA

Hard driving remix gets two gothy fists in the air and shakes the warehouse down.

4. No alibi (rmx)

MIDIMILIZ

Hard driving remix scratches the deep intracortical itch. And gets two fists in the air.

5. City Limit

FUZZION

Psy-electro track works OK, but Fuzzion produces far better psy-tech than psy-electro. Please go back to the style e=mc^2 started off. "City Limit" is only adequate, not because Fuzzion sucks, but because the genre itself is limited to rehashing old dead sounds. Good Psy demands completely new ideas. Just my two cents.

6. Intercorporal Stimulator (2005 Midi Miliz mix)

X-DREAM

Menacing, growly, brooding, lightly gothy remix is a much better take on the track than the original. One to play in a convertible, down a residential street, full volume, at 10 km/h. A keeper at worst, and a secret weapon at best.

7. Irrational impulse

METALOGIC

Breakbeat psychedelia kicks sonic and cerebral arse all over the map. Giant techy appeal; gorgeous and varied percussion. Metalogic owns lush satisfying high-hat activity right now.

8. Lost in darkness (Fuzzion rmx)

HOLEG SPIES VS BAKXIII

Psy-electro. Some filtered vocals and nice watery psychedelia. Where the echoey melody goes minor, it's effective. Actually I'd say it's what makes the track memorable. Fuzzion has so much potential.

9. Mal was anderes

TAKSI

Newcomer (to me) impresses with a good understanding of how to interweave a killer tight hook, controlled bleeding dissonance and solid percussive groove. The cross-talk is unnecessary but doesn't wreck it. Dare I hope for a large stable of psy-tech artists I can follow?

10. Midnight circulator

TRIPLE DISTILLED VS.FUZZION

Slowed-down, distorted guitars, cinematic. Not my thing.

This comp is totally worth buying. 8/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Best compilation that Boshke Beats has put out so far. Better than my previous two label comp favourites: Chronika 1 and Clangour.

Incidently, unlike Freak51, I did enjoy Fuzzion's contribution even though I am not a natural fan of Psy-electro.

I really enjoyed his set in Boom 2004. When is this chap going to put out an album of his own?

Pedro

Indeed the best Boshke Beats compilation so far. A very strong and varied release with a clear focus on the tech aspects of contemporary psychedelic trance. I would be surprised if any of the remaining tech labels released a compilation better than this one in 2005.

Fuzzion's City Limit is one of the strongest tunes on this compilation, great atmospheres and very hypnotic.

9. Mal was anderes

TAKSI

Newcomer (to me) impresses with a good understanding of how to interweave a killer tight hook, controlled bleeding dissonance and solid percussive groove. The cross-talk is unnecessary but doesn't wreck it. Dare I hope for a large stable of psy-tech artists I can follow?

277486[/snapback]

Heh, Taksi is far from newcomers, they've been making techno since 1996. It's not very psy related though, but everything I've heard from them have been great. Check out stuff by their alias Brtschitsch & Galluzzi as well as Paul Brtschitsch's solo work. Very much recommended.

Brtschitsch & Galluzzi

Heh, Taksi is far from newcomers, they've been making techno since 1996. It's not very psy related though, but everything I've heard from them have been great. Check out stuff by their alias Brtschitsch & Galluzzi as well as Paul Brtschitsch's solo work. Very much recommended.

Brtschitsch & Galluzzi

286256[/snapback]

Ah, I didn't realize it was Brtschitsch. This is among his best work yet.

• 9 months later...

psy-tech rock´s . . .. .

i have the original one .

in this va i like tha last track .. . wol !... i know its breaks .

i want to see the Alex Tolstey dj set some time !