New MiKroMaKro release...Rooftop terrace

Thanks, glad you like it. I will have to disagree with the mastering commentary, it is mastered with a fairly high degree of accuracy as per the target time period in terms of perceived volume, notwithstanding YouTube volume normalization, and overall sonic aesthetic as referenced against tracks which I purchased of a similar time period. (predominant track ref was 2001)

Nice tune! You make good stuff -- I already knew that some time ago.

Hey @MikroMakro do you maybe want to be on Spotify? I could probably arrange it for you and won't charge you anything - rather the other way round (but bear with me ... we'd need to work something out). You'd have to release on "RTP Records" though.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 7:12 PM, MikroMakro said:

Many thanks RTP for kind words and generous offer. It may sound a bit odd but I am just a "periphery" artist doing my thing in the background of the scene.

Heh, I am no more than a Periphery label aswell :D

Very fine for me though either way - for your art, you are the Creator and you decide where it's released :)

But you didn't say no, or did you? ;)

(on a serious note, from now on I may just contact good people left and right with the same question if they have no label yet, just saying)

• Like 1

Thanks again. I always consider such offers and for the time being... I always come back to just wanting to plod along really for a variety of reasons that have nothing at all personally against related to the people offering. It is always an honour. I am odd in the sense that when I make music my biggest aim at least for now is just pleasing myself and anyone who cares to listen. I am not at a stage where a label release tips a balance of benefits. yes of course labels expose more widely  than SC and YT can reach you which is nice in many regards. I like the freedoms around doing it the way I do it at the moment.

If someone feels something form my tunes, for now it is mission accomplished. If anyone wants a .wav master of a track just drop me a line on here and I will make it so ! (Doubly so if you plan to play it out which a few people have done, the best so far was a Desert rave in the USA, for one of my tracks....feedback was it was a "special moment" which is a nice thing to hear.)

On 12/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, MikroMakro said:

Thanks again. I always consider such offers and for the time being... I always come back to just wanting to plod along really for a variety of reasons that have nothing at all personally against related to the people offering. It is always an honour. I am odd in the sense that when I make music my biggest aim at least for now is just pleasing myself and anyone who cares to listen. I am not at a stage where a label release tips a balance of benefits. yes of course labels expose more widely  than SC and YT can reach you which is nice in many regards. I like the freedoms around doing it the way I do it at the moment.

If someone feels something form my tunes, for now it is mission accomplished. If anyone wants a .wav master of a track just drop me a line on here and I will make it so ! (Doubly so if you plan to play it out which a few people have done, the best so far was a Desert rave in the USA, for one of my tracks....feedback was it was a "special moment" which is a nice thing to hear.)

damn is that respectable! i completely fk with that approach. good on you.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

We offered to release the music of MikroMakro and make it available everywhere, but it seems he prefers to share the music where he wants and when he wants and we respect that, however, stellar tracks and I have played your tracks more than once out there, even playing one track at the enormous VER festival in Goa, with over 2k people dancing to it, it kicked ass. 

Our offer still stands mate, think about it!

• Like 2

@MikroMakro I totally respect your integrity and vision. If I could add my five cents, just to offer one perspective. I would say that perhaps a good motivating aspect with having your music released on for example Drake's label. Would be that your music would live on, even after the demise of this forum, Soundcloud etc. And it would survive you as well. Think about that.

And also when Drake here shared his experience of people dancing to your tunes in Goa, that sounds like your music has a destiny to me. The dancing feet of people don't lie. :) 

But yeah I understand you, when music is a passion. One might be a bit apprehensive of the risk of destroying that by mixing in business/contracts/expectations etc. 

• Like 1