Deepfakes

johnb820

Are any of you familiar with these? It is software that can be used to fake someone's likeness or voice. In so far as I am aware, it seems that pictures of people are scraped from the internet and are used as a template for generating fake images. Now for a very long time I have been careful not to share a picture of myself on the internet, but I am pretty sure there is an unlikely source of images the AI scrapes, that being your emails. I had at one time emailed soundcloud support a picture of my ID to get my old soundcloud account recovered. They requested the picture so I sent it. They never actually replied to the email and the email just sat in my sent folder on protonmail. Two days ago I decided to delete that email and now I do believe there is no longer a picture of me for the deepfake software to make use of. My employer has a scan of my ID and a photo for my badge, but the general public should have no means of deepfaking me.

@johnb820 I totally understand your concern with regards to the wide-ranging privacy concerns that pretty much all apps and the internet as a whole poses to everyone these days.

I think you might've read about Palantir and Clearview AI? The all-seeing eye sure has a long reach. :D This quote from The Lord of the Rings sums it up lol:

"A palantir is a dangerous tool, Saruman. They are not all accounted for, the lost Seeing-stones. We do not know who else may be watching."

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2018-palantir-peter-thiel/?leadSource=uverify wall

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/18/technology/clearview-privacy-facial-recognition.html

Those are the ones that spring to mind, but I'm sure those are just the tip of the ice-berg. TikTok surely must be the biggest trojan horse this planet has ever seen. The amount of biometric and personal data that app must be gathering is staggering. :ph34r:

On 10/19/2022 at 8:48 PM, RTP said:

Here's one for you:

lmao :lol: that's a mean cyberbean, getting his Cyberware in check. I suppose something like this implemention of deepfake avatars in games, is Zuckerbergs end-game masterplan for the Metaverse.

Love the FTP part, he a bad mofo.

Someone should make a similar one with Kreepy Kanye. :ph34r:

• Like 1