Psynews Accessibility

johnb820

Hello everyone. I wanted to come here to share with you something that I am not sure I know how to respond to. I just logged into this forum via the Tor Browser where my location is somewhere in France, which is where the servers are located and I logged in just fine. However, when I try to log in to the site through a normal browser from the United States I am banned and I do not have permission to view anything.

I am disillusioned by a great number of things these days. This is the fault of the United States and its repealing of net neutrality. I am not really sure but I suspect Facebook blocks me. It really hurts to be arbitrarily blocked from the rest of you whom I have known for a long time.

I am given an option to contact someone to be unbanned, but I suspect the message goes to no one at all.

I have no idea whats going on with your account. You arent  banned anywhere.

I saw these types of reports for several months on admin panel however

"Logged in from a new device but did not complete two-factor authentication: Chrome 86.x.xxxx.xx on Windows.
October 20, 2020  (IP RETRACTED) "

This is really odd, since we haven't enforced 2-factor authentication.

Weird indeed, btw @Penzoline on another psynews forum issue which I’ve experienced lately. Which I suspect is related to when the forum software is updated.

Anyhow the issue experienced is manifested as an inability to access any part of the forum, upon clicking on any forum section or forum thread, one was greeted with a forum error and error code. 

I suspect that it was for all forum users since no new content/threads were created during these error episodes. And since it was persistent regardless of beeing logged in or not.

• 3 months later...

So uh, I wanted to respond and let you all know that as of today, I am not banned from my internet connection at home. My IP has changed as I reboot my modem often. However, I suspect that Facebook or whomever or whatever does not know something.

* I will add that I was able to get past the banned page from a local library here, though I never posted about that before.