Texas Faggot – Pilluminati Cunt Roll (Exogenic) [review]

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Texas Faggot – Pilluminati Cunt Roll (Exogenic)

Tracklist :

1. Purkkaleiri 4’11’’49

2. Oiikeesti 3’14’’13

3. Blue Light Special 4’12’’27

4. We Will Not Return 4’51’49

5. Gero Gero 5’13’’71

6. Paramoncler 5’59’06

7. My Little Runaway 5’00’01

8. Trancedelya 5’20’57

9. Early Cry 4’19’40

10. Sunkarma 4’58’25

11. Who Needs Koneisto (we r Homeisto) 6’13’’29

12. Lazerlove 4’25’’36

13. Agents Entrepos (bätre Folcke earth rmx) 6’27’65

14. Lone Star 3'364’’40

Texas Faggot are Tim Thick & Pentti Slayer.

All Tracks by Texas Faggot except 14 by Hidria Spacefolk, arranged by T. Thick

From the cover, you immediatly taste a strong potential coming out this album, checking the tracklisting & discovering 14 tracks you compulsorily feel curious about it.

Listening to the tracks you understand a concept of diversified & hard real psychedelic trance where you can get much more ideas & build up,madness or energy in a 3’30 Texas Faggot’s duration track than of 8-10 minutes from most of trance producers.

Track 1 : Hard twisted effect on the lead to start this track, the tone of the album is already given. Then the melody to progress it’s without counting on some major throwing up & down effect & some agressive tones. This first song isn’t the most easy to start with, it’s quite confuse but it’s completly the Texas faggot musical universe.

Track 2 : More happy& funny atmosphere now, still fast & kickin, the tune is based on a shrill evolving lead.

Track 3 : Slighty sour – bleepy & highly bouncing melody associated with gloomy lead in the background & warm bass but less fast than previous.

Track 4 : crazy speed for this one, the rythmic is near by moment from drum n’ bass, very nervous melody with kinda traditionnal indian flute part then on the end a traditionnal violion theme (makes me think about canadian music).

Track 5 : here the melody is a sort of electronic twiterring, the rythmic also by the way.

Track 6 : darker ambience, the tempo has slown down comparing to the previous one. Later on the melody seems to coming out from an harp lead imitation.

Track 7 : A very fast melody from a flute lead acompagnied with a crazy rythmic which botls since the begining.

Track 8 : a 303 line opens this one, the rythmic makes me think to some Big Beat productions, lots of metallic tones very jerky then a more funky furious melodic lead happens married with a gurgling bassline.

Track 9 : some kinda dj scratches for beginning, then a remaining mutant voice all along lets place to a jerky organ coppled later first with a guitar wha-wha then a funky riff & a final clash all toghether.

Track 10 :a weird intensive acid rain falls over this one.

Track 11 :something more calm at first, a sample of people making kinda exclamations like if were on roller coaster remains nearly all allong . In the middle you got an ambience that could be apparented to Country but it changes suddenly into completely cyber-robotic soudscapes. Some men voices triturated looking like cows mooing.

Track 12 : opening on a sharp voice singing ‘ahahah’ here all is aboout voices which are transmuted in leads, you got a psychedelic singing choral by moment.

Track 13 : a soft carillon rings then the tune reminds me a Coldcut track ‘Atomic Moog 2000’ indeed 70’s spirit fast & furious funkadelic theme like a tv american police poursuit Starsky & Hutch alike.

Track 14 : is about acoustic guitar melody detuned, not my favorite on the album.

Highlights:3,4,9,11,13

A fucking good concept album that unbot !

Mark :9,5/10 (of course this album is for experienced people : those whom enjoy real psychedelic trance)

Yes, very great album! Somehow more settled than previous TF albums, but still so different from all the shit getting released, the usual TF funky bass rolling, not the badass bass that's in most of the releases. You can also forget about great soundquality when we are talking about Texas Faggot, but who cares. :)

The name is hilarious. Pillu means Pussy in Finnish so it's like Pussyminati cunt roll, making fun of Illuminati Controll.

Ok, im a Finn myself so i don't know how this appeals to others.. but this is the best album in long time for me. Track 12 is fucking great.

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

1. Purkkaleiri (Original)

2. Oikeesti

3. Blue Light Special

4. We Will Not Return

5. Gero Gero

6. Paramoncler

7. My Little Runaway

8. Trancelya

9. Early Cry

10. Sunkarma

11. Who Needs Koneisto (We R Homeisto)

12. Lazerlove

13. Agentis Entrepos (Bätre Folcke Earth Rmx)

14. Lone Star

First of all, you gotta love Timo Thick's humour... he just takes all the Illuminati hippie mumbo-jumbo and makes a big joke of it in the form of the title of this album (look for the more or less disguised pyramids on the front cover... it would make any RA Wilson fan go nuts! =D> )

Now on to how this sounds... well if you don't already know finnish trance, it's VERY wierd and IMO a hit-or miss genre. You either love this stuff or you hate it. Plus, finnish trance is wierd, but each group is wierd in it's own way. On the more conventional side there's stuff like Flying Scorpions and Squaremeat. On the more wierd side there's Haltya and Mandalavandalz. Well, I'd say Texas Fagott is somewhere in between there... not a very accurate description I know ;)

So then, listeing to this with an open mind (it would probably help if you don't think of it as being psytrance in the first place...) this is pretty damn good! It somehow preserves some oldschool elements (of course, don't expect it to actually BE oldschool, far from it), but some synth melodies in the background sound very oldschoolish to me. And most of the tracks would actually work pretty well in a DJ set, the kind of thing to play in the late hours of the morning to make the acidheads go INSANE!!

My personal fave is We Will Not Return with THE best flute melody I've heard this year!! Eat your heart out Raja Ram!! It's so beautifull thatit brings tears to my eyes :)

Also in Blue Light Special you can hear in the intro what is IMO THE most innovative synth sound I've heard so far! It's like the synth is tickling my brain somehow ;) Too bad the rest of the track doesn't work so well...

highlights: 1, 2, 4 (!!!)

Conclusion: personally I like this when I'm "in the mood"... 8/10 however this is VERY wierd trance, a lot of people might not like it, so don't say I didn't warn you... Still if you're a DJ playing monring sets, I'd recomend you have this in your stash :)

Lemmiwinks (aka moondancer)

Nice album...so glad theres more than one bassline...

I love that voice-y thing on Early Cry...woowowww wwooowww...I've been hummin that all day :)

196639[/snapback]

yep, Early Cry is extremely awesome. must be my favourite on that cd. though its too short imo

After my trip to Finland and some forest parties, I can only say WOOW to this, and so many other Finish albums... crazy music with some nice humour :) Sometimes cheesy, sometimes dark... but always weird :) (and sometimes even an old skool feeling :P)

After my trip to Finland and some forest parties, I can only say WOOW to this, and so many other Finish albums... crazy music with some nice humour :) Sometimes cheesy, sometimes dark... but always weird :) (and sometimes even an old skool feeling :P)

196658[/snapback]

grreat musik indeeeeed BUT

those guys can overdo it as well you know !! but then again I'm not surprised you like it, as you are and will always be THE fluo trance fag eh (said it yourself !!!!) :blink::D;)(your turn :P HITME)

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late, but I can't not say something about this freaktrance-soaked album... Throughout every year i yawn and yawn waiting for something worthy to get released... the occasional ray of light... but when something from Finland comes out, then I know there's no more time to fuck about! Led by Exogenic... but lately good Finnish music could also be found elsewhere... FreakDance is one of those places... Anyway... without any further bullshit... I'll just say that for me this album explains a few things others cannot... all in all... fucking good music! Been spreading this disease across Serbia all summer and will continue to do so!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...