What do you think?

Hi guys.

i am Event Horizon. a relatively new sort-of Goa psytrance producer.

i've published a short preview for some new project im on.

i would really like to hear your thoughts about that track. i never learned how to mix properly and i would like to have some thoughts :)

be harsh as possible ^^!

https://soundcloud.com/or_event_horizon/event-horizon-pcyans-wip-preview

• Like 1

I think it is mixed well overall, and I really like the melodies and the sounds. If youa re asking about mixing maybe i'd put the bass a bit into the background and add more reverb to the main leads

The only thing it needs, except for more development/length, is a clap or snare, without this it sounds somehow static.

Are you uising Spire?

It's really good - melodic, but not too much; very old-school in spirit and arrangement (from what can be said based o 2 min sample). The mix is fine, I heard worse on some commercially released music...

Please post the full track when finished! :)

It's really good - melodic, but not too much; very old-school in spirit and arrangement (from what can be said based o 2 min sample). The mix is fine, I heard worse on some commercially released music...

Please post the full track when finished! :)

will do :)

thx for replying

Hi guys.

i am Event Horizon. a relatively new sort-of Goa psytrance producer.

i've published a short preview for some new project im on.

i would really like to hear your thoughts about that track. i never learned how to mix properly and i would like to have some thoughts :)

be harsh as possible ^^!

https://soundcloud.com/or_event_horizon/event-horizon-pcyans-wip-preview

Hey! Nice preview! The structure and sounds selected truly reminds to oldschool goatrance ('98). I must say this looks like if it was a rejected track of Prana, The Muses Rapt or MFG.

I would low a couple of decibels the distorted lead which starts at 2:16 - 2:17 and add to it some HI-pass-eq reverb. Add some closed charles line and the snares someone mentioned before.

Things I would change: Do not start from the beginning with the kick. Try to create some atmosphere before releasing the kick. Those vocal samples are perfect, mix them with the trippy sounds and a short loop of the main melody or lead or whatever would sound later. You know, to make an intro, some kind of atmosphere which guides the listener to prepare to what's coming later.

This track has lots of possibilities. I really liked it.

Keep on that work!