"V/A - Goa Trance Legacy"

Trance2MoveU

DCEp0a2.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Goa Trance Legacy

Label: Spacedock Records

Date: October, 2015

1. Digicult & U-Recken - Into The Heartland (Astral Projection Remix)

2. Power Source - Sparks (Remix)

3. Goasia - Haunted

4. Filteria - Memory Lane (Future Live Remix)

5. M-Run - Last Survivor

6. Omnivox - I Am The Storm

7. Prana - Boundless (ManMadeMan Remix)

8. Psychowave - Catch The Rabbit

9. Shakta - Amber Mantra

This was the first compilation from upstart Spacedock Records and like the second one in the series it brought together a great line up.  There are no unknowns here.  Just veterans of the scene with some old schoolers represented. 

Right off the bat we get yet another Astral Projection Remix that was also featured on the Digicult album Soul Samadhi.  It's really quintessential Astral isn't it?  With it's shiny layers and pounding beat.  Maybe one day when my kids have put me in a nursing home they'll release some new material.  But probably another ep of remixes as a final f*ck you before I die.

Power Source is back with a remix of a track that was found on an ep they released back in 2011.  Never heard it because I never thought Power Source was that good anyway.  Sure Goaway is great as is Memory Bubbles and I'll give you Granada...but that's it!  On to the track, they have a sound in there that sounds like an alarm went off in a Tesco when you tried to walk out without paying for your girl's maxi pads because you're embarrassed.  Be a man.  They know it's not for you.  Is it buttercup?  It's a positive, shiny track that's a little too full-on.  Like if Erasure made goa.

Goasia is one of those projects that you either love or you think they're cheese merchants.  I think they're great.  Sure they're a little quirky, but so is Uncle Ted.  Just don't sit on his lap at Thanksgiving.  And this track is quirky, but fun.  I like that it keeps changing, always staying very lively.  Not bad, if a little long.

Filteria needs no introduction and he's earned his bones with four great albums, but I've never heard this track.  Sounds very Heliopolis.  There are several breaks so there's ample time to reorganize.  Pretty good.

M-run authored one of my favorite goa albums in Some Run Just For Fun, and with this long beast he gets crazy.  It's fast paced, powerful and that lead is like dancing on the sun.  Relentlessly psychedelic.   Great track.

Fragments of Evolution (also released on Spacedock) was a melodic and powerful tour de force and this track is no different.  Plenty of motion and leads that leave char marks.

The ManMadeMan remix of Prana's Boundless is one of the most psychedelic tracks I've ever heard.  All power and bubbly liquid it's super intense and futuristic.  Golden!

Psychowave is heard from much (still haven't listened to his album yet), but the stuff I have heard was really good. Here he slays with writhing 303's and adds an operatic female voice.  Gives it a layer of eerie above the power.  Gets a little weird near the end and the strings don't quite fit.  Other than that it's pretty great.

Amber Mantra by Shakta was pretty obscure until Suntip put it on his release.  Great old school track that hasn't lost any steam.

Way to go Spacedock, you pretty much nailed it with this one.

Spacedock Records Bandcamp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible quality. The only downsides are the borderline cheesy Sparks Remix and already released Shakta and Digicult, but that fact really doesn't take away from them. The rest? The best of what theses artists can deliver.

Unfortunately the front cover isn't very good, I've seen Psara's work elsewhere and this just strikes me as lazy compared to stuff like Psysutra's or New Born's albums.

Incredible quality. The only downsides are the borderline cheesy Sparks Remix and already released Shakta and Digicult, but that fact really doesn't take away from them. The rest? The best of what theses artists can deliver.

Unfortunately the front cover isn't very good, I've seen Psara's work elsewhere and this just strikes me as lazy compared to stuff like Psysutra's or New Born's albums.

Thank you for your feedback. As for cover art i can understand some point of your view from where you are coming with this conclusion, but in general, front cover art is incomplete without whole font booklet where effect takes moment when you open and read title from different angle, like Psara explain into this video here

https://www.facebook.com/Spacedockrecords/videos/911147842300359/

Thank you for your time :)