6. Xatrik - Specific Procedure

7. Damage - Wicked

8. CPU & Skazi - Highest Party

9. Space Tribe Vs. Psywalker - Twitch

10. Scatterbrain - Hex

11. Dark Nebula - Firefighter

Jx9hMRX.gif

"Welcome to the highest party in the world!"

The label identified by the kissing door knocker was already 6 albums deep into their Psionic series by the time this came out in 2005.  This compilation tries to have it all by combining lighter and darker tracks, some with identifiable melodies and some just good old fashioned pounding psychedelia.   Inflated Troll by Fripic Bounce destroys while hanging onto its goa roots while Our DNA and System Shock Rmx blend together for some sick psychedelic madness.  Specific Procedure is futuristic mayhem as is Damage's Wicked, but the bass is pitched too high for me and the lead is too screechy.

Side note, I never realized Skazi was an actual person.  Thought is was just a ghost story used to frighten children.  His thumping and acid laden team-up with CPU wasn't half bad and then Twitch had its moments.  The final two were just noisy nonsense and not very interesting.

I was listening to this during my workout and it's partially mixed so oftentimes I didn't even notice when the track changed.  But sometimes the mixing wasn't done that well and it was impossible to not notice.  Minor quibble.  Not a bad compilation considering when it was released. 

Psyshop