Trance and $$$$

To Jsb.

I happen to listen pretty much the same stuffs than u.

I mean i really like old infected, cosmosis(first 2 albums), pleiadians, and COP(El nino in particular), also shpongle(the first one). It's rare that i find people that have very similar tastes as u do.

Here is what u should do.

First try to be patient. I am also very tired with the minimal

trend. But remember that psy is always evolving, and i am confident that things will change in the future. At least some artists will want to get back to more full-in stuffs.

And as people said try to make your own music. It'll really make u less frustrated. That's what i did. I thought to myself: Ok, i can't buy any more music so i'm gonna make my own. It is also very interesting, gives u a better understanding of the music, and last but not least u get to listen to psy trance with sounds u like. So get a computer if u don't have one, get reason(good to start) and then if u love it(like me) u can buy some hardware(norlead) and make all that crazy full-on music.

Also be aware that buy venting your frustration here, u make matters worth because you get bashed buy the minimal lovers and that will only make u more pissed. But i understand what u are going through.

peace.

BeN

i'm with you jsb, i'm bored to hell when they play minimal for hours and hours (no offense to anyone, it's a matter of taste). the thing with make your own music is a good idea. but why not make your own parties? here sometimes there are parties only with old sounds. they write on the flyer "dj xy only plays his old records" or "only records played 95-98". i've never been to one but it must be great. maybe you could call back the old spirit and inspire new people to follow the old ways. sure it may get bored if you have to hear the old songs over and over again but i you don't do partys like this every weekend it will still be attractive i think. most of the old songs i know only from my records and not from real parties and played on a big system.

Guest space monkey - 604

it's my opinion that in a party all kinds of psy should be represented, not only minimal, not only full-on, just a mix, an hour of this an hour of that.

Guest bugbread

JSB, relax, I know what you're talking about, and agree, but getting angry at people doesn't make it any better. When minimal first started becoming popular I remember getting frustrated, but there's nothing you can really do. Just check your parties more carefully, and try throwing your own. I have my own opinions on why minimal is popular (and none of them are very kind to minimal listeners), but the fact remains that it's just a difference in tastes, and there are still a lot of us that don't like minimal. There will still be non-minimal parties, and there will still be non-minimal CDs. Just make sure you listen to a CD before buying it.

And, before anyone who likes minimal tells me to "open my mind", I have. I've downloaded a lot of minimal stuff to "try it out", but, for me, it doesn't work. I've always liked very maximal music in all forms. Love jungle, hate DnB. Love epic, hate hard house. It's not a matter of a closed mind, but personal taste.

Same for me as Bugbread.

I agree with you too, Jsb. But don't despair, brother, Psy is not dead. A new generation of artists and labels are coming...AND THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES ! (don't stay sticked to the old labels, they sold their soul !)

Check the FIRST STEP CD by PARVATI RECS... It's a good example!

(If you don't like this one, I can do nothing for u...)

And others are coming this year, I know that the real psytrance will come back in 2002 !

Please, mate, don't let us alone with all those minimal freaks!!!

Stay MAXIMAL ! hehe

boom!