Trance and $$$$

Hey you all trance producers, you tasted money recently with the bunch of newbie arrivals in the trance music scene don't ya?

Now it's hard to concentrate on work and doing nice psychedelic music, because why concentrate ??? you just have to release @!#$ and people will enjoy it only because of your name (etnica, planet ben, delta, etc)...So why spent time on track realisation when you can make @!#$ in 1 hour and then release it on any labels $$$$...People will love it (even it's only a bassdrum and 1 noise ever it), they will call you a genius for that...and will categorize your music as magik.

I must say that you really disapoint me as an old psychedelic fan. The future of goa-trance is dark, simple and $$$$ (that was predictable) .

Guest space monkey - 604

do you even listen closely to the music, and have any idea of how to produce it?

I think not because you sound kind of prejudge about what is good and what not, and listening to this "minimal" music will open your ear to the subtle site of it and even the complex site.

If goa is about an open mind, wake up!

Stop being a critic, open your ears and if you still don't like it, make your own music

Guest Protex Midget

Hey jsb. Chill-Out.... You keep on posting the same posts lately and it's pretty anoying. Besides, even if you don't like minimal, their is plenty of dark, twisted full-on music out there, and nobody is forcing to buy stuff that you don't like.

Protex....

Guest DJ Full Lotus

Tell me how the artists are supposed to make a living???? It's all very well to criticise, but they still have the bills to pay.....

Jsb>> Why do you keep posting the same message again and again?!

I can understand your feelings, and i also think that it's kind of frustrating. But as mentioned before there's no one who forces you to buy things you don't like.

I have been able to open up, and now i really enjoy the sound of Para Sense, Ticon, Son Kite, Reefer Decree... I think it's a matter of weither or not you give it a chance!

Btw. Don't start bitching Space Monkey... Everyone should be entitled to their opinions!

Guest Psymijis

jsb i have the perfect solution for you , if you are tired and angry with psy producers , buy or dl the next album : global underground 09 - sasha in san francisco cd 2 (european edition) i am sure you will discover another world in electronica music and you will fly whit every track in the cd .

ps : Remember cd2 because cd1 is pure crap.

holy crap jsb.

let it go. if you dont like a style of music...dont listen to it.

the reason the style of music you dont like is being produced at such a high rate is because there is a high demand for it. a lot of people like it. if you dont like it just listen to something else.

ouroboros: "the reason the style of music you dont like is being produced at such a high rate is because there is a high demand for it."

People don't know of anything else since there´s almost only this @!#$ released nowadays.

Guest tequila

you have your tastes jsb, good for you.

by the way, what label are you criticizing?

iboga?

plastik park?

digital structures?

creamcrop?

come on, these labels have prevented psytrance from falling into oblivion, most of them hardly make any money, and you say that the future of psytrance is dark and ruined by money?

great, more posts like this jsb.

y-es.

"People don't know of anything else since there´s almost only this @!#$ released nowadays"

thats gotta be one of the dopiest things ive heard all day.

supply and demand my friend. people dont buy it cuz its all they know...they buy it cuz they like it. why on earth would someone fork out 23 bucks for something they didnt really like? they wouldnt. besides.... wherever they get thier cds from carries all kinds of goa not just minimal. its not like people go to the label and buy it...they go to a store..or get it on line. there is plenty of different music for them to choose from....and they are choosing minimal. i defy you to show me a place where all you can buy is minimal trance.

its not like people just accidentaly start listening to goa... this a genre that people have to seek to find. i guarantee that anyone who listens to spirallianz has heard hallucinogen and infected mushroom as well. how do you explain youre statement that they dont know anything else? its not like this music is played on mtv. and the truth of the matter is that there is more non minimal than minimal out there. if you add up all the music produced since goa started....there is way more non minimal, so there isnt one person who listens to goa that hasnt had plenty of chances to hear both styles.

Guest Slidingtrancer

I think JSB has a point when he says there's too much minimal, I think there's too much of it played at parties .... and its trendy.

Anyone noticed how progressive ( cheeze-euro) trance is moving towards goatrance and progressive psytrance to clubtrance in general? Now that's worse than a few guys who make 1 bassdrum and a few noises. I absolutely despise every form of cheezy, happy korny, 16 taps, bullshit, 'melodies' just following the bassline of a scale....

jsb is kinda bringing the hip hop spirit to psytrance eh?

just like ice cube

funf D new album on spirit zone that's minimal with a kick - with a twist - like don't know where its gonna go next - this is how the scene m o v e s

jsb - i love u mate.

What a legend! EVERYTHING NEW IS @!#$- u r such a positivie soul ...u must be popular with the chicks ------

KEEP UP THE POSITIVITY, thats what this scene needs!

Oh man,

JSB, I love the old skool as well, I maimly listen to all the cd's released 1194-1998 but some of the stuff that comes out now is quite nice, although it isn't staying so true to the old spirit of goa, as Goa Gil often talked about. And yes, parties nowadays do have a bit to much miinmal for my liking, but hey, I"m the minority I have gathered so I only go to parties which I know ill have the music I enjoy! The good old days aren't coming back so why not open your mind to the newbies?? I have found some great cd's just recently, mainly:

1. Neurobiotic - 9 Pill (tho very full on industrial)

2. Mystery Of The 13 Crystal Skulls - Brings back those nice fluoro feeling!

3. Dimitri's DAT Bag

and there is much coming out this year which will be good as well.

Just relax man, it is not worth getting so upset about, and every body giving him so much aggressive crap back will make his response worse!

Let's just all chill,

Mike D!

to lÿsërgïç : i enjoy all kind of electronic psychedelic music that is well made, worked and that sounds good...I can give you my preference but who cares anyway...

i really enjoy some compilation that are more tribal-oriented with nice psychedelic touchs like "the mystery of the yeti" series, "eclipse" from twisted records...

I really enjoy MFG-New kind of world, it's a totally uplifting and psychedelic alienated-oriented album that sounds very well at morning, i like old 3d vision style like the old tracks from elixir, like furious or other screaming and blowing tracks. I enjoy the old infected mushroom, more psychedelic and violent, the new stuff is too commercial and boring, too melancolic too be good.

I also enjoy all hyper-psychedelic stuff like cosmosis-synergy, shpongle - are you shpongled? - lone deranger from hallucinogen, early screaming oood stuff, and also the new alienated - ff album, that is well too.

Pleiadians have released 2 greats CDs, ifo and familly of light, no comparaison to do with nitrox that sux very hard...

I also enjoy a lot the COP album (urban alien), that is not minimal too, but very hard and twisting. I would like to mention that Radio album from x-dream is not a "minimal" album, i've read this on this forum by a kind of desoriented freak.

So i hope you'll enjoy my opinions intead treating me as a dumb, you should treat new labels of dumd instead me, selling you no-name @!#$ for 20 bucks.

Guest tequila

1/ it's not because you don't like the music released by a label that it's @!#$

2/ it's not because you don't like the music released by a label that this label is making money.